Clipse x Pharrell - "I'm Good" (Official 'Till The Casket Drops' Single)

Summer ridin'
pimp.gif

From the two songs released, Kinda Like a "Big Deal" and "I'm Good" it's very clear that The Casket Drops is going to be a drasticdeparture from the dark, ruthless production and lyrics of Hell Hath no Fury. I understand that what they are trying to do and it's commendable, the angeraggression that comes with being the underdog is gone, they are on top, successful so complacency is bound to seep in. I'm good is a celebration, the beatis light airy missing the hard hitting kicks of the Clipse Neptune production, but instead featuring choped up syncopated synth that bounces along. it'snot bad it's actually pretty neat but the unfortunatly Thorton brothers fell asleep at the wheel and turn in one of there more boring verses since LordWillin. The song is fine, good even but not up to the high standaderds the Clips have set for themselves.
grin.gif

6/10

Wow, I like this WAAAAY better than "Kinda like a Big Deal" imo. I like the song, but I felt it was overhyped. This shall get mad playbacks. I'mGooooood
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Not trying to knock, but my dude Malice was sounding like Plies during his verse
laugh.gif

But nice summer cruising music, so cant really hate.

DOG, I thought the SAME thing. His enthusiasm and delivery matches it. I didn't wanna type in fear of comparing the God-like lyrical skills of Malice tothe lies of Plies
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry, not over hyped to the general "public" but to those who knew it was coming out, they sort of made it like the second coming of Christ. Atleast in my neck of the interweb woods.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i dont understand how it was "over hyped".. noone knew this was even coming out did they?

People just like to throw around that word whenever we're dealing with The Clipse, i don't know why.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i dont understand how it was "over hyped".. noone knew this was even coming out did they?
I think dude was referring to "kinda like a big deal: but it was only hyped on NT
laugh.gif

This song goes...

Pharrell killed it with the ad-libs.

Like I said before NT will hate on anything. If Jehovah himself was to spit a verse they would hate.

I pray the whole Album isn't full of tracks like this. "Kinda like a big deal" was cool cuz it still had a ruff beat and there was some lyrics inthere, though not much for the clipse standard. But this song doesnt make the cut. I have a feeling the Cam track going to be the same way. And y they usingKaws for everything????

To be completely honest after many listens, P takes away the spotlight from Brothers Thornton on this track with his singing & his ad-libs are straightPIFF!
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
...Pusha Ton & Malicious were sub par lyric wise for sure.

Having said that, I have a feeling they are about to ABSOLUTELY MURDER the track with Killa. I also have a feeling it will be one of the illest beats TheNeptunes have done in years. Yes, I have a feeling this track will be an instant CLASSIC/epic as hell.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom