Closed - New thread started

This was basically a formality. They voted 7-2 yes last year on a deal not as beneficial and took more risks.

I don't wanna see their stupid faces anywhere near the new arena should we keep the team.

If you ever want to weep for society, just watch any city council meeting when there's a major issue at stake lol
Last year we had some kid in his 20s literally crying about babies drowning the in the river if we build a new arena
laugh.gif
I've been to a city council meeting and this is true. The naysayers had me like

45 pro arena, 13 anti arena
laugh.gif

I'd actually watch the nay sayers. They are HILARIOUS
If you ever want to weep for society, just watch any city council meeting when there's a major issue at stake lol
Last year we had some kid in his 20s literally crying about babies drowning the in the river if we build a new arena
laugh.gif
Wasn't that basically Mac Worthy's argument except it was Black & Hispanic peoples neighborhoods that would be destroyed? Would have been funny if that SEIU member ran up and decked him.

It's too bad Phil Oates didn't get more time. He got a real barn burner going there.

45 pro arena, 13 anti arena
laugh.gif

I'd actually watch the nay sayers. They are HILARIOUS
laugh.gif
Wasn't that basically Mac Worthy's argument except it was Black & Hispanic peoples neighborhoods that would be destroyed? Would have been funny if that SEIU member ran up and decked him.

It's too bad Phil Oates didn't get more time. He got a real barn burner going there.
Phil Oates is  phenomenal whenever he speaks about the Kings 
nthat.gif

but cot damn, I love me some Vivek!
Congratulations to the Mayor, City Council and Sacramento city staff on outcome of vote. Great work and leadership. Game on! #HereWeStay
— Vivek Ranadivé (@Vivek) March 27, 2013
The support throughout the Sacramento community is inspiring and something very special. #HereWeStay
— Vivek Ranadivé (@Vivek) March 27, 2013

Everything is going so well. I'm getting my hopes up to damn high.
I'm with you on this. 

I can't even begin to comprehend how this would feel if all of Sacramento's efforts fell short.

This is a whole lot different from 2011 too, in that back then, up until the BoG meeting AFTER the season had ended; we were pretty much resigned to the fact tthat the team was on it's way to Socal.

This time around we are filled with so much hope and optimism, I don't think I could take it if we fail 
frown.gif

Just remember who told you Sac was the favorite to keep the Kings before it was the popular thing to do.
— Aaron Bruski (@aaronbruski) March 27, 2013
Bruski is just getting cocky now 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually against the arena. Where else am I going to buy Avirex jeans besides Getta Clue at Downtown Plaza? If you are opposed to this plan, let's meet in front of the Hard Rock Cafe for a "Here We Shop" protest. They are NOT going to take away our chic trends!

I'm actually against the arena. Where else am I going to buy Avirex jeans besides Getta Clue at Downtown Plaza? If you are opposed to this plan, let's meet in front of the Hard Rock Cafe for a "Here We Shop" protest. They are NOT going to take away our chic trends!
Avirex. *peace*

Last edited:
After listening to Chris Daniels on KFBK this morning, it sounds like the Kings arena deal is WAY ahead of what Seattle has. It sounds like they've been resting on that binding agreement while Sac has been moving full steam ahead to save the team.

I'm sure it's been addressed, but what happens to the agreement between the Maloofs & Hansen/Balmer should the relocation get rejected? Do they just transfer ownership to the Sacramento group? There's got to be a clause or contingency in there somewhere knowing the number of lawyers that have got to be involved in this.

Downtown arena is cool. Would rather keep em in Natomas tho. We got a lot of space there by the current arena if they were to renovate.
The chance of them staying is looking better than ever. KJ is coming through.
I will be in Oakland tonight rocking the purple. :smokin

It's well within their rights (I believe) to keep the team. But I think Stern and the other owners would have them removed for detrimental reasons. Something like what happened to George Shinn.

Yes, there's a lot more land in Natomas. But the money to be made is in downtown, and there's no getting around that argument.

True. The placement of the arena isn't about land. The thinking when they built Arco there was that Natomas would be more central to the city. Despite the growth, that hasn't happened and the city expanded to Folsom, EDH, & Elk Grove.

Seeing the growth of downtown LA after LA Live went in with the Nokia Theater, Staple Center, and other venues, I'm excited for the growth that downtown Sac will see. Although they REALLY need to get rid of those one way streets! I still get confused which way I'm supposed to drive whenever I go back up there.
laugh.gif

Yeah I know its all about booming downtown. I was saying Natomas because its easier access for me, with the current arena being 2 minutes down the street from me and all. :tongue:

True. The placement of the arena isn't about land. The thinking when they built Arco there was that Natomas would be more central to the city. Despite the growth, that hasn't happened and the city expanded to Folsom, EDH, & Elk Grove.

Seeing the growth of downtown LA after LA Live went in with the Nokia Theater, Staple Center, and other venues, I'm excited for the growth that downtown Sac will see. Although they REALLY need to get rid of those one way streets! I still get confused which way I'm supposed to drive whenever I go back up there.
laugh.gif
Whenever I make it out to a Lakers or Clippers game....... I gotta be honest, that traffic once I get off the 10 is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 I usually get my buddies' parking pass for the Staples Center, but it usually takes me 20-40 minutes just from getting off the 10 to parking 
laugh.gif
 it is ridiculous 

But LA Live doesn't really have the Metro incorporated too well into it tho right? hopefully with the ESC the RT will be right there

What are you doing in socal anyways?!?!??!
Yeah I know its all about booming downtown. I was saying Natomas because its easier access for me, with the current arena being 2 minutes down the street from me and all.
tongue.gif
The Arco site will be developed in about 10 years 
happy.gif
 Technology campus, corporate offices, college campus, etc, they will put that land to good use.

And you know what any of those uses for that land means (even more so than having an arena)? There will be tons more residential and small business growth and development surrounding the new usage of that old land
nthat.gif

this gave me a good chuckle!
Comcast are the Maloofs of companies. Just when you think they're done finding ways to screw you over, they surprise you.
— Sean Highkin (@shighkinNBA) March 27, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:

laugh.gif
Whenever I make it out to a Lakers or Clippers game....... I gotta be honest, that traffic once I get off the 10 is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 I usually get my buddies' parking pass for the Staples Center, but it usually takes me 20-40 minutes just from getting off the 10 to parking 
laugh.gif
 it is ridiculous 

But LA Live doesn't really have the Metro incorporated too well into it tho right? hopefully with the ESC the RT will be right there

What are you doing in socal anyways?!?!??!
I live here.
laugh.gif
Grew up in Sac though, so it always makes for an interesting conversation when people ask me if I'm a Lakers fan.

I've actually never been to LA Live since it's about 40 minutes away, but I've heard that there's a decent public transportation system around there since it's close to USC. But considering the type of clientelle that can afford to go to Staple Center events, I don't think it does much good.

I got the word from some investors that if the Arena deal goes through they're going to need me to find some properties in downtown. Things are looking solid.

Back
Top Bottom