Closed

We should sign both Monroe and Saffold.

That would be ideal. Our offensive line would be formidable for once in awhile. I know McFadden was underwhelming but I don't think enough emphasis was placed on how badly our offensive line sucked or stayed injured. If we want to dominate games, it all starts with the trenches. 10 mill a year for Monroe...is that too much on top of the proposed 8 for Saffold? Probably but Ravens >>>> Raiders...so we should overpay that man.

That's what I'm hoping happens so we can protect Teddy if we can draft him.

A lot of QB's can look good with time to throw :lol:

Cromartie+DRC+Byrd is actually within our budget. That secondary would automatically become elite if we go for it.

OD :lol: ...do we still have Usama Young under contract? If so, our safety rotation could be C-Wood, Young, and Branch. Not bad. Obviously Byrd would instantly be the best player in our secondary. There's reports that Revis will be cut if they can't find a trade partner with Tampa. Def outside our price range, but that's another CB out there for a team to get distracted with.

Watch for a ton of activity on our end in the last hour before FA begins. Let's see if Veldheer really will say goodbye to more money to leave the Bay Area for Arizona.

Revis obviously isn't coming here but you gotta think that drives the price on all other CBs down.
Verner can be had for cheaper now.

Gotta love the fact that Reggie didn't transition/franchise Veldheer or Houston.
If JV is leaving for less $ than **** him he never wanted to stay anyway. He's just not worth double digit figures, 7-8 mil a year is fine and if he doesn't take it, oh well.

After seeing Bennett sign for 8 mil a year, there's no way Lamarr can justify wanting more than that.
A tag for him would've meant double digits as well, again he's just not good enough to justify that price (few are).
If Houston doesn't take 6-7 mil a year he can bounce too.

We just spent 2 years getting out of a decade of salary cap hell.
Why go back to our old ways and overpay our good-not-great players.

I think Reggie is about to do work. Probably be the most active during the second wave & go after players who were cut b/c they don't count against compensatory picks.

“@957thegame: .@RavensInsider says the @RAIDERS are "very interested" in free agent QB, Michael Vick. Raider Nation, you wanna see Vick in Silver & Black?”

Hell No

“@957thegame: .@RavensInsider says the @RAIDERS are "very interested" in free agent QB, Michael Vick. Raider Nation, you wanna see Vick in Silver & Black?”

Hell No
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No thank you to Michael Vick. And a double hell no to Josh Freeman...just for good measure. I'd rather see McGloin get a full year under center with an improved line and a playmaker (Sammy :nerd: )

It can't be a big offer. I'm sure another team will take a chance on him and offer more than whatever we put on the table. Let's see what you got today, Reggie.

Jennings talking to Giants would like to have him back if the price is right last year might have been a fluke.

“@VicTafur: #Raiders are strong players in Darrelle Revis sweepstakes, along with Browns, according to league sources”

Back
Top Bottom