Closed

Like I said in the NFL thread as much as I like Desean I would hate to have to trade for him.

His talent is undeniable and he has lots of years left but is he worth the hassle?

As a free agent? Hell yeah!

Jared Allen.

Less than $10 mill/yr. presumably.
Less volatile of a player. Do you firmly believe our org is stable enough to handle a personality like Desean's on a losing team?
Pass rush gets another boost. Nice rotation of ends between Smith, Woodley, Tuck. We need depth, especially at their age...it's not a matter of if someone goes down, it's when.
Schaub isn't exactly known for his arm strength at this age. Will Desean be valuable for us or will it be Randy Moss all over again.

And most importantly, we keep our draft picks. We'd be down to 1,2,4,4,7,7 if we give up that 3rd.

QFT. I don't see this happening neither...The cons out weigh the pros for DJax IMO. Jared Allen pros out weigh his cons...which is just his age at this point

still clinging on to any kinda hope Alex Mack signs lol.

Last edited:
With all the crap I was talking earlier on about Reggie, I'm actually very impressed with what he's done. I'm not too big of a fan on the Schaub signing (so bittersweet that I don't know how to feel), but the contracts given to these new signings and the restructuring he has done with Schaub's contract is very impressive.

No long-term commitments, just enough to build a base to build upon and upgrade in the coming years. Good job Reg. [Applause]

With that said, no Jared Allen please. We have holes that need to be addressed elsewhere.

With all the crap I was talking earlier on about Reggie, I'm actually very impressed with what he's done. I'm not too big of a fan on the Schaub signing (so bittersweet that I don't know how to feel), but the contracts given to these new signings and the restructuring he has done with Schaub's contract is very impressive.

No long-term commitments, just enough to build a base to build upon and upgrade in the coming years. Good job Reg. [Applause]

With that said, no Jared Allen please. We have holes that need to be addressed elsewhere.
I'm not  a fan of Schaub whatosever or him being a Raider for that matter. I figure we'd start fresh and get a QB in the first round but I don't know what the scenario is gonna be now.

Vic Tafur @VicTafur
Turns out there was a twist. #Raiders signed Austin Howard to play guard and not right tackle, & are hoping/expecting Watson starts at RT

Vic Tafur @VicTafur
This could all change at camp but that's the plan. Reggie McKenzie has added a lot of versatile offensive linemen & wants tough competition

Vic Tafur @VicTafur

Turns out there was a twist. #Raiders signed Austin Howard to play guard and not right tackle, & are hoping/expecting Watson starts at RT

Vic Tafur @VicTafur

This could all change at camp but that's the plan. Reggie McKenzie has added a lot of versatile offensive linemen & wants tough competition

Hmm.

Last edited:
I think that's best for Pryor. I'm sure when he hits the market teams will be telling him honestly where they think he'll do best in the league.

I'm just waiting patiently for any news about Jared Allen. I don't know if DeSean's situation is getting resolved anytime soon.

I honestly hope the best for Pryor. Dude works hard as hell and wants everyone to be great, not just himself.

The writing was on the wall when his Agent suggested Dennis Allen was intentionally sabotaging Terrelle. That was the end.

If Reggie really wanted him bad he would have franchised him. It is what it is. Reggie felt he could do better at the position, have to move on.

So is Jared And DeSean coming or not?
These guys need to hurry up.

I liked TP too until I went to the game week 17 ...horrendous. Worst game and QB play i have ever witnessed. It sucks cuz the 82 Raiders were getting honored at half time. It looked like TP didnt want to be there and his players could care less

Last edited:
So is Jared And DeSean coming or not?
These guys need to hurry up.

I liked TP too until I went to the game week 17 ...horrendous. Worst game and QB play i have ever witnessed. It sucks cuz the 82 Raiders were getting honored at half time. It looked like TP didnt want to be there and his players could care less

Allen deciding whether money or a title is more important to him. I like our chances the longer this drags on; if he felt that Seattle guaranteed him a shot at a title then he would have jumped at their offer. Waiting means he's hoping they'll up their offer (which they won't nor shouldn't) and that Oakland's offer is likely better.

I'm willing to wait for DeSean to hit the market rather than trade for him. See what everyone is offering for him and let his agent come to us for a counter offer.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7h
Why does the perception exist that the #Raiders blew the Rodger Saffold situation? "Because it's the Raiders," owner Mark Davis said

Call 'em out, Mark.

Vic said regardless of Raiders interest in Carr, he doesn't see them taking him at 5 or trading down to get him.

Call 'em out, Mark.

Yet there are people out there that think we are not hated on by the Media. They say its only cuz we lose and that winning will change it...not really. Win or lose the media finds a reason to call us out and diss us. Even when we were winning with Chucky.

Back
Top Bottom