Closed

If we sign Allen does that make us at least a sleeper team for a wild card spot?

Not IMO. I'm not sold on our run game. When D-Mac takes his 12 game hiatus, who does that leave? Marcel Reece is still underutilized...I don't see that changing. That leaves Latavius Murray? Ok. He's an unknown, but hopefully he's a quality back. Aside from that, what sort of production can we expect to see from our TE position? Rivera might be solid one day, but I'm not sold on his effectiveness in the offense just yet. Basically our offense is riddled with question marks.

I actually really like our defense as of right now. Still feel like we need another D-tackle for the rotation, but the line is nearly set. I like our LB's...a second year for Sio :pimp: ...Roach is solid too. Our secondary should be vastly improved with the addition of Brown...fingers crossed that Hayden starts to come into his own.

All in all, I think we're a 7 win team as of this very moment.

If I had to list needs, it would go:

RB
DT
CB
And of course QB depending how you feel about Schaub...

Seven wins? I would happily take that right now given all the question marks we've got.

It all depends on Schaub. Can he perform without a WR or RB the quality of Andre Johnson or Arian Foster?

Let's see what we do in the draft. If Hayden and Watson bounce back from injuries it'll be like adding two more starters for free, on top of whoever we draft that's starter material out of the gate. That's worth a ton.

Let's see what we do in the draft. If Hayden and Watson bounce back from injuries it'll be like adding two more starters for free, on top of whoever we draft that's starter material out of the gate. That's worth a ton.

Agreed. Reggie's not done with the personnel to this team. You said we're around $20 mill in cap space now with Schaub's addition right? I could see us adding several more players starting with Carrington. We still have money. And the draft is such a variable...and with the way Reggie has gone about this offseason, I absolutely have no idea what we do there...all guesses.

Ive watched damn near evey game since Schaub has been QB.. That said last year was one of the worst seasons ive ever seen a QB have
laugh.gif

Hes really not as bad as he played last year with all them INTs.

Once he threw that 2nd pick 6 it was over I knew for a fact he wasnt coming back strong the next week and he didnt.. He was crushed mentally and a new start is exactly what he needed and thats what hes gonna get. IMO I see him bouncing back and having a productive year for yall.

If he can somewhat go back to his true form then yall might get into a wildcard spot. I honestly know nothing about yalls team except that yall got Schaub and the Ninja lol.

Yall got two nice WRs in Moore and Streater and he will get em the ball as long as the o-line protects em. 

.. Thats the thing tho it starts with the oline, Schaub is not going to extend plays and thats where some problems come up. Dude is not mobile at ALL 
laugh.gif

Yall are gonna get some Lulz when he just drops down into the fetal position when he sees guys coming at em 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

He excels at PA plays so im assuming yall are gonna incorporate some more of those plays if yall dont already run some. His accuracy is also pretty good. Deep ball is 
sick.gif
 Hes never had a cannon tho so he'll prolly underthrow open guys a few times.

Not a bad move at all to get em for late pick

low risk medium reward

He will either put yall in prime position for one of next years top QBs or yall might sneak into the playoffs 

Its a plus either way 

Agreed. Reggie's not done with the personnel to this team. You said we're around $20 mill in cap space now with Schaub's addition right? I could see us adding several more players starting with Carrington. We still have money. And the draft is such a variable...and with the way Reggie has gone about this offseason, I absolutely have no idea what we do there...all guesses.

Actually if Schaub's contract isn't changed at all then we're closer to 10M, and we need around 6M for the draft to sign the rooks. So we're likely done on the FA front.

Owen Daniels was hurt a lot last season...much like a lot of Texans last sseason lol I only know cause he was on my fantasy team...did well when he was healthy.

At this point what are all of y'all views on Reggie and his job going forward.
Not too shabby.
Don't like the QB situation. Another temporary QB for a year. Unless they're drafting a legit QB in the draft and gonna slowly bring him in.

At this point what are all of y'all views on Reggie and his job going forward.

I think he did well as far as free agency goes this offseason. I'm still a little concerned about the draft because he's made some real reaches with his picks so far.

Yeah I think thats a huge knock on him. His eye for talent hasn't been anything special.

I do think he's made headway to keep his job but He really needs to nail some solid players this draft. No more projects.

I don't think his talent evaluation is too bad, to be honest. His later picks last season have done well (Rivera, McGee, Butler) and he seems to have hit on Moore in the third round. Tyler Wilson was definitely a miss and we're still waiting to find out about Hayden and Watson, though Watson has given us some glimpse of good ability.

2012 was worse, though. Miles Burris is the only standout name, along with Jack Crawford. Bergstrom is on the verge of being cut if he doesn't prove anything this training camp. Likewise with Criner. Bilukudi and Stupar have left the team to go elsewhere. Have to remember that we didn't have our first two picks in this draft, and that doesn't fall on McKenzie's head.

He's found undrafted talent with McGloin, others I'm sure but I can't think of. Reggie needs to have a great draft this year, no exception. Only way his overall plan works is if he drafts the guys who will replace the ones he signed this off season.

Last edited:
Don't like the QB situation. Another temporary QB for a year. Unless they're drafting a legit QB in the draft and gonna slowly bring him in.

Allen was saying Sxhaub could be the qb for the next few years. Got me wondering when they take a qb if thats the case. Maybe a later round qb like Fales is in their plans.

I don't think we're taking a QB with that first rounder anymore. I really hope Mack slides. Mack/Roach/Sio then Tuck/Woodley/Ninja :x :smokin

Back
Top Bottom