Closed

Off topic but on the topic of working for our favorite pro teams, working for the A's a couple of summers as a youngster was pretty dope. 

Shift usually started four or five hours before first pitch and got off around the third or fourth inning and would usually stay for the rest of the game. Got two free tickets for friends/family every game I worked but employees were allowed to trade and handoff their tickets to other employees.

Best part was chilling in the first row during batting practice on lunch breaks. Some players are chill as hell and are pretty loose and outgoing and would say what's up or even start up conversation, Torri Hunter comes to mind. Would usually be chillin with my feet up and on more than one occasion someone who was into kicks would start up a conversation about them. 

A's Stadium Ops management are cool as hell too. 
pimp.gif

A lot of cross over of the operations and event staffs between the A's and Raiders, I still see people I used to work with at Raider games. Wonder what the perks are like. 

Last edited:
I used to work for the A's when I was younger too, but as part of a company contracted by the team to handle their parking situation. I'd drive around in those ATVs around the parking lot and check on everything to be sure that nothing was ****ed up. This was back when I was like 16, 17.

Last edited:
Haha yea I remember those dudes one of my boys would do the same. I was like 18/19 right after high school.  Did you work under Randy Duran by any chance? Or was it strictly a third party contractor gig. 

I didn't know a Randy personally, my connections to the A's was very limited. Did you ever hear the name Paul Indelicato? That's the guy who operated the parking situation until he moved on to start his own company.

I stay in Hayward right now, you? nvm I know that you're from Oakland cause of your SN :lol:

Last edited:
[h2]Raiders' offseason receiver competition will be fierce[/h2]
By Scott Bair
CSN Bay Area 
www.RFnation.com  - Home to the greatest Raider fan Community on the net!

The Raiders are a team always in search of more talent, a point proved with last week’s waiver claim on ex-Cleveland receiver Greg Little.

Odds are he won’t be a present or future No. 1 receiver in the Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson or even Sammy Watkins mold, but he will add competition to a muddled depth chart heading into the meat of the team's offseason program.

The Raiders have receiving talent without a clear-cut No. 1 -- they wanted to draft such a prospect, but he never fell appropriately to them -- but there’s more worthy talent than spots on the 53-man roster.

The receiver group should be particularly competitive in training camp when hierarchy’s are generally formed. Veteran free-agent acquisition James Jones is a virtual lock for a starting spot. Beyond that, there’s sorting to be done.

“We have a lot of great guys in that room with a lot of talent and I’m excited to be a part of it,” new Jones said in late April. “I don’t know if it’s No. 1, No. 2 or No. 3, but I’m excited to be a part of it, excited to help those guys and go out and make plays on the field.”

Generally speaking, the Raiders keep five receivers on the 53-man roster. They could keep six if some help on special teams, but few frontrunners are slated to. Here’s a quick look at the participants vying for spots:

James Jones: Imported from Green Bay to be a position-group leader. Virtual lock for a starting spot.

Rod Streater: Flirted with 1,000 yards last season and continues to show improvement as a deep threat and possession receiver.

Denarius Moore: Maddeningly inconsistent, yet explosive playmaker when he does the little things right. He’s entering a contract year, which may do wonders for his motivation and overall production.

Andre Holmes: A tall, lanky playmaker who can stretch the field, Holmes showed flashes of quality last season, and needs to do more in 2014.

Greg Little: Was a No. 2 receiver with declining production and reliability. He has real talent but must earn his stripes on a new team. If he straightens out issues, Little could be a factor in the 2014 passing game.

Brice Butler: Showed promise in the preseason, but a few early mistakes caused the Raiders to pull on an already short leash.

Juron Criner: Criner, a productive college receiver, must fight to retain his roster spot. He was rendered inactive most games last year before being placed on injured reserve.

Noel Grigsby, Mike Davis, et al.: The undrafted free agents and fringe prospects must stand out during camp and beat one of the more established players. That won’t be an easy task.

My early projection for the WR core is Jones-Streater-Moore-Holmes-Davis. Criner's a long shot to be on the active roster this year. Little will be competing with the undrafted guys+Butler and Holmes but I really like Holmes and think he can put some good work in for us this season.

Greg Little won't make the team. He's gotten progressively worse since his rookie season. How can you play receiver and not be able to catch the football?

Back
Top Bottom