CNY Area(Syracuse, Rochester, Oswego, Ithaca, Binghamton, Cortland)

Anyone here from or live in Ithaca....i'm going to be there for a while and just wanted to gain some info on the place
I've been there for a year now for school, going back in a week or so. I like it a lot, what specifically do you want to know?

I've been there for a year now for school, going back in a week or so. I like it a lot, what specifically do you want to know?

i'm actually gonna be there for my grad program so just some tips and tricks for the area....anything I should check out, eats....etc?

i'm actually gonna be there for my grad program so just some tips and tricks for the area....anything I should check out, eats....etc?
IC or CU? I'm a soph at CU, so as an undergrad I probably experience way less life outside of campus than the typical grad student, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be, but I'll try.
Food is great in my opinion, I come from the Bay Area, which is supposed to have great food (San Francisco, for ex.), and I think food in Ithaca is better than food in SF. Cheaper and higher quality, and also less pretentious. I haven't been to a ton of places, but there's a couple killer Thai places (one is kind of out of the way, the other is in the Commons), the mexican place that's on the corner is good (forget the name), and there's an Indian buffet that's pretty good too. I know there's also a chicken and waffles place, a couple american/bar places, some more expensive european places, etc. but I haven't tried any of those. For food, I would definitely avoid Collegetown (if you're at CU, idk what food places are close to IC). CU Dining halls are realllly good, as well, the West campus ones.

Ithaca has tons of headshops, if you're into that kind of thing. There's a newer one called Headdies, and they have some high-end stuff and nice local glass too. and the entire town has a Berkeley-ish vibe, you'll see a lot of hippy/weird people and they have a lot of nature/food/hippy events in the Commons.

Can't comment on the bars (I don't drink and I'm 19), but there's a couple new ones opening this year.

Hot weather sucks, wayyy too humid for me :x . the CU orchards have some delicious apples you can buy. The surrounding area is super pretty, def. check out the gorges/waterfalls and trails.

Can't think of anything else, but if you have any more q's i'll be happy to answer

Yea i'll be at IC. Can anyone go into the cornell dining halls?

Do you need a car in Ithaca. I was gonna go a semester using tcat.....

Yea i'll be at IC. Can anyone go into the cornell dining halls?
Do you need a car in Ithaca. I was gonna go a semester using tcat.....
If you're not a student you have to pay, but yes you can still go in the dining halls. You can also ask someone for guest passes.
For the car issue, I think you can manage without. the bus system is great, and you should be able to get pretty much anywhere you need to go with it. For outside ithaca area trips, though, i guess you would have to have a car, yes.

oh and IC gets tons of cool concerts every year, whereas CU invites lame semi-famous pop singers (like Taio Cruz), so def go to those. they also had some kind of ***** event sponsored by the headshops with free stuff i wanted to go to, but ended up not going :lol:

on the sneaker tip theres a sb shop in the commons.owners name is andrew also carries vans and skate decks shops name is homegrown by the way theres also a footlocker at the mall in lansing.

what up kid almost forgot about this thread i know theres way more nt'ers in the cuse

Very true...I'm surprised now that the HOH is here how many come in...alot of kids though...Red Eagle Penny V's will be in the FTL monday. Damn nike and this late shipping crap.

Hey quick update to anyone who cares.

Who loves raffles, I know I do.................NOT!

Word is HOH in carousel mall/destiny USA, has to raffle all releases from after this weekend until the new year. That means pink foams, bred iv, bred xi, cg ix, durants, kobes etc. This sunday is the first raffle for pink foams, and bred iv, and I guess every sunday before any release Footlocker is making the stores do this. The rest of the details were kinda lost in confusion so as I get more info i'll be sharing.

Hey quick update to anyone who cares.
Who loves raffles, I know I do.................NOT!
Word is HOH in carousel mall/destiny USA, has to raffle all releases from after this weekend until the new year. That means pink foams, bred iv, bred xi, cg ix, durants, kobes etc. This sunday is the first raffle for pink foams, and bred iv, and I guess every sunday before any release Footlocker is making the stores do this. The rest of the details were kinda lost in confusion so as I get more info i'll be sharing.
JOKE BUT NOT SUPRISED

All footlockers are going to be required to do a ticket system for future releases..it will cut down on people campin out for several days in advance..the tickets are given out the sunday before the release and it GUARANTEES your pair

All footlockers are going to be required to do a ticket system for future releases..it will cut down on people campin out for several days in advance..the tickets are given out the sunday before the release and it GUARANTEES your pair

Its actually working out nice except for the folks who havent been paying attention. Plus if you are there when the reserve period ends you can cop another pair. Pink foams a few people didnt show up which meant an extra pair.

damn with all the fools lining up in the cuse where the hell is everybody at in here? but anyways whats up with the royal release info?

Back to life, its been awhile. Hey anyone heading to rochester they have a show this Sunday the 31st?

If anyone meets a kid from Liverpool named Riley Hogan steer clear 16 year old kid thought he was gonna sell me some fake Lebron 10 BHM's in person.

I WENT TO SCHOOL AT BUFF STATE IN BUFFALO SO THERE'S ALWAYS A PLACE IN MY HEART FOR UPSTATE... IM IN A FRAT TOO SO IVE BEEN TO CUSE, OSWEGO, ROCHESTER, BINGO, AND ALBANY MANY TIMES.. LOVED IT WHILE I WAS THERE

Back
Top Bottom