COD MW 2 INFO LEAKED!

The opening scene may be taking things a tad bit to far!

edit: They are taking this +%%! down with the quickness...

This game is about o make a lot of headlines. Mark my words.

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Y'all saying all this terrorist !!@%#%!# but didn't hear this *$%! when GTA dropped[/color]

Cause killing prostitutes after banging em and jacking people for their cars is the American thing to do
laugh.gif

In a perfect world it would not be that serious. But in a society in which young adolescents are constantly de-sensitized to !!*%$% up @*%$ it matters. IMHO itis a reflection of how !!*%$% up we are as a society when terrorism and the killing of innocent people becomes sold as a game.

With all of that being said I will be coping...

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

I sorry but playing as a terrorist killing innocent people is going overboard. IW are proving themselves to be a bunch of $%+@**$! more and more as the months pass. They should get all the ++*% in the world for putting that in the game.
damn no one ever played Counterstrike?
Yes I have, but last time check Counterstrike came out before 2001, and there was a punishment for killing the hostages. In the footage it lookslike they are glorifying rolling through a airport and slaughtering innocents running for their lives.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Y'all saying all this terrorist !!@%#%!# but didn't hear this *$%! when GTA dropped[/color]
Son you were not around when GTA 3 dropped. People flipped out

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Yea cops and mothers....not a +$!+!# nerdy pizza face NTer

All y'all getting bitter, what movies do you watch? what music do you listen to? I see these games as movies, entertainment. $+!@ outta here ify'all getting your panties in a bunch...IM SHOOTING CIVILIANS!!!!
[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Yea cops and mothers....not a +$!+!# nerdy pizza face NTer

All y'all getting bitter, what movies do you watch? what music do you listen to? I see these games as movies, entertainment. $+!@ outta here if y'all getting your panties in a bunch...IM SHOOTING CIVILIANS!!!!
[/color]
laugh.gif
SMH. Please point out one movie or CD that glorifiesterrorism and is popular...................Don't worry I'll wait

And for your info I'm in my 20s and in GTA you were killing other criminals not people waiting for their connecting flight

I sorry but playing as a terrorist killing innocent people is going overboard. IW are proving themselves to be a bunch of $%+@**$! more and more as the months pass. They should get all the ++*% in the world for putting that in the game.
Yes I have, but last time check Counterstrike came out before 2001, and there was a punishment for killing the hostages. In the footage it looks like they are glorifying rolling through a airport and slaughtering innocents running for their lives.
have you ever thought about it of just being more than killing innocents? like a form of "art", the developers of the game flipping thescript from the usual and and putting you behind the bad guy, giving you an eye opener, picking the mind of a terrorist,leaving you with questions and afeeling of shock?

It's just the degree of interaction, placing the player in the terrorist's position and having the player mow down these targets.

Word, this has been talked about in music and re-enacted in movies.

Yeah, it's been done before, but to this degree, to this amount of realistically simulating a modern timeframe, re-enacting a real-time terrorist action,and involving that huge amount of defenseless civilians? Name another game that did this.

You can't say the GTA series did this. Nor did any war game do this also.

On the other hand, yeah it's a game.

I do give Infinity Ward the credit for having cojones to place the gameplay narrative in the position "bad guy," but this is might just be too muchtoo soon.

Activision better be on their toes, ready to nail interviews when this joint drops. 'Cause that !@#$ is way too much to defend against the media or theworld, even.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Yes I have, but last time check Counterstrike came out before 2001, and there was a punishment for killing the hostages. In the footage it looks like they are glorifying rolling through a airport and slaughtering innocents running for their lives.
have you ever thought about it of just being more than killing innocents? like a form of "art", the developers of the game flipping the script from the usual and and putting you behind the bad guy, giving you an eye opener, leaving you with questions and a feeling of shock?
COD games always try to shock the player to enhance the experience especailly at the being of the game, I get that. But is it really necessary inthis case? COD games and most military shooters get a pass for story, it's all about missions. So the mission is that I have a machine gun, there are apunch of people without any weapons, they are running away from me, kill them all. That's it. The only thing that makes it interesting is that you are aterrorist killing civilians. There is nothing creative about that, nothing clever, just letting a bunch of people, mostly kids get their a-hole on.

All y'all getting bitter, what movies do you watch? what music do you listen to? I see these games as movies, entertainment. $+!@ outta here if y'all getting your panties in a bunch...IM SHOOTING CIVILIANS!!!!
[/color]
laugh.gif
SMH. Please point out one movie or CD that glorifies terrorism and is popular...................Don't worry I'll wait

And for your info I'm in my 20s and in GTA you were killing other criminals not people waiting for their connecting flight
This gotta be a joke. You can't possibly justify GTA
laugh.gif

Just off the top of my head...goodfellas, resvoir dogs, pulp fiction, Heat, paid in full, Bonnie & Clyde, Scarface, The Departed, public enemies...

If you don't agree with the contents of this game, don't buy it. Don't support it. Don't even talk about it.

Nothing you say will change anything.

[/color]
laugh.gif
SMH. Please point out one movie or CD that glorifies terrorism and is popular...................Don't worry I'll wait

laugh.gif

Just off the top of my head...goodfellas, resvoir dogs, pulp fiction, Heat, paid in full, Bonnie & Clyde, Scarface, The Departed, public enemies...
Really, there are foreign terrorist killings civilians in those movies, and people who watch those films phrase those characters and their actionsdamn I must have missed those parts.
laugh.gif
{

And I am pointing out the difference between GTA and MW2. All those movies and GTA glorify regular criminal activity and the MW2 footage appears to beglorifying terrorism.

So lets try this one more time, a movie or CD that openly glorifies terrorism and is widely popular?................Still waiting

There is nothing wrong with what they're doing. You're playing as the bad guy in this situation.

Bad guys do bad things.

Originally Posted by What up

If you don't agree with the contents of this game, don't buy it. Don't support it. Don't even talk about it.

QFT

stick to cod4 if you don't like it

[/color]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Really, there are foreign terrorist killings civilians in those movies, and people who watch those films phrase those characters and their actions damn I must have missed those parts.
laugh.gif
mad.gif
{

And I am pointing out the difference between GTA and MW2. All those movies and GTA glorify regular criminal activity and the MW2 footage appears to be glorifying terrorism.

So lets try this one more time, a movie or CD that openly glorifies terrorism and is widely popular?................Still waiting
[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Just off the top of my head...goodfellas, resvoir dogs, pulp fiction, Heat, paid in full, Bonnie & Clyde, Scarface, TheDeparted, public enemies...

Really, there are foreign terrorist killings civilians in those movies, and people who watch those films phrase those characters and their actions damn I must have missed those parts.
laugh.gif
mad.gif
{

And I am pointing out the difference between GTA and MW2. All those movies and GTA glorify regular criminal activity and the MW2 footage appears to be glorifying terrorism.

Forreal though, the game isn't necessarily "glorifying terrorism" just because it's put in the game, although I do see how youmight be disturbed from this scene.

Shock value. New angle of narrative/point of view. Awareness of current events. Difference between right/wrong.

These could be a few of many reasons and motives behind this scene being in the game.

And right now, so far, it sounds like it's working and the game's not even out yet...

Originally Posted by the north west

QFT

Dumd advice. I have been waiting for this game, and still will be buying it. But this scene adds absoultuley nothing to the game and peoepleshould speak up so that IW does do worse on MW3. Whats next, assassinate the President sniper missions?

[/color]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
mad.gif
{

[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.[/td] [/tr][/table]
So you got nothing. Got yay. It might be my fault, terrorist/terrorism is a overused and abused term, and it has no one defined meaningso.......................

One last time, a Cd or movie that glorifies foreign criminals that kill innocent people from other country because they disagree with political system, cultureor religious values of that country ........and is widely popular. Go

QFT

Dumd advice. I have been waiting for this game, and still will be buying it. But this scene adds absoultuley nothing to the game and peoeple should speak up so that IW does do worse on MW3. Whats next, assassinate the President sniper missions?
Already had a sniper mission in the first one and they've destroyed DC already. Not too far of a stretch wouldn't you say?
alien.gif

[/color]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
mad.gif
{

So you got nothing. Got yay
laugh.gif
so criminals killing innocent people= okay
foreigner criminal killing innocent people= bad

QFT

Dumd advice. I have been waiting for this game, and still will be buying it. But this scene adds absoultuley nothing to the game and peoeple should speak up so that IW does do worse on MW3. Whats next, assassinate the President sniper missions?

Dumd or not, the game is already made.

Back
Top Bottom