Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
^^ one of the comments from that article
 A protest has a time and a place in today’s society. To call Kapernick’s choice of protesting venue nor this Senator’s as proper is completely outrageous. For the Senator, or any other Federal Employee Sworn into office…Oaths were taken, she may not like all of what is bad about our country but she still has a duty, an honor and a loyalty to it. When she gets time off, she is more than welcome to come down to Chicago or Detroit to protest how African Americans are being treated differently than all the other races in the country. Kapernick’s choice, on national TV, where all ages watch the NFL is equally poor. The reality is that if either of these people wandered into certain neighborhoods in Chicago or Detroit they’d be robbed and killed without question nor concern of their skin color. Honesty has to work both ways does it not to solve a problem? If you do not get the meaning of that well…perhaps you should go on sitting and see where that takes you.
this kind of thinking is absolutely disgusting 
mean.gif

this guy thinks he can dictate what is and isnt appropriate or comfortable for him to protest

and that they do it "on their time off" as if these issues are something that weekend warriors will fix

bringing up kids watching as if this isnt the same system that will engender these "kids" to grow up and support the same system of white supremacy through indoctrination like the national anthem

its problematic for me because hes insinuating that chicago and detroit are "inherently" dangerous to prove a point while simultaneously ignoring the socio-economic factors that lead to what he believes as "dangerous"

the more i read from these people the angrier and angrier i get 

they swear theyre using logic and thats what really gets me

we're supposed to be adults, but the more i see the more i think people are just grown babies

These people just keep exposing themselves. They aren't upset about the manner of protest but rather the fact that people are getting fed up with what's going on. I also love how those same people act like these protests are causing division when in reality they are highlighting actual division. Another battle in trying to make certain people feel better about past and current injustice.

They're not just angry they're scared. Cuz they know we fed up.

I'd be scared too. The chickens comin home baby.

White people got convienent amnesia....

They never stop and ask themselves....WHY Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore etc ARE the way they are....post the civil rights era.

They aren't educated on:

-Housing discrimination
-White flight....And the resources and $$ that went with it to the burbs in the late 60's and 70s after "desegregation"
-"War on drugs" that started in 1971. Convienently, 3 years after the 1968 Civil rights act
-Equal opportunity act of the 70's
-CIA Iran contra funded war on drugs in the 80s via Reagan
-Mandatory minimums
-Prison industrial complex and mass incarceration on government imported drugs from the 80s....in the 90s
-EVERY decade post the civil rights movement has contributed to the inner cities we see today.

I mean it's CRAZY how they don't stop to educate themselves...or even care to. Common white supremacist talking points are:

Why are there HBCU's?
-The OBVIOUS ANSWER:....Black people WERE NOT ALLOWED to go to PWI's. We made our own sht. On that topic....think about how many generations where denied access to PUBLIC colleges....in the DECADES post slavery?

You got whole generations that didn't attend college til the 1970's?

Say your mom is 50? She was born in 1966. There is a GREAT chance she was the FIRST in her family to go the college in the 1980's!!!!! Just a decade before most of us were born. Let alone at White colleges being it was illegal.

Black people have had rights for 50 years. Never mind the 350 previous years of slavery and OPEN discrimination. And the last 50 years of covert racism...

And amendments. :smh:. I'm shmaaaacked. Just had to let that out.

Last edited:

They never stop and ask themselves....WHY Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore etc ARE the way they are....post the civil rights era.

They aren't educated on:

-Housing discrimination
-White flight....And the resources and $$ that went with it to the burbs in the late 60's and 70s after "desegregation"
-"War on drugs" that started in 1971. Convienently, 3 years after the 1968 Civil rights act
-Mandatory minimums
-Prison industrial complex and mass incarceration on government imported drugs from the 80s....in the 90s
-EVERY decade post the civil rights movement has contributed to the inner cities we see today.

I mean it's CRAZY how they don't stop to educate themselves...or even care to. Common white supremacist talking points are:

Why are there HBCU's?
-The OBVIOUS ANSWER:....Black people WERE NOT ALLOWED to go to PWI's. We made our own sht. On that topic....think about how many generations where denied access to PUBLIC colleges....in the DECADES post slavery?

Say your mom is 50? She was born in 1966. There is a GREAT chance she was the FIRST in her family to go the college in the 1980's!!!!! Just a decade before most of us were born. Let alone at White colleges being it was illegal.

Black people have had rights for 50 years. Never mind the 350 previous years of slavery and OPEN discrimination. And the last 50 years of covert racism...

And after all this white folks still think they can tell us how, when and where to protest or how to deal with this treatment. We know all white folks ain't racist but if you're the race that is responsible for this treatment you're the last people that should be telling us how to deal with it.

That's like a killers family telling the victims family "don't run to cops" "Let's handle this quietly."

That ain't how it works. You don't get to dictate how somebody respond racism.

And after all this white folks still think they can tell us how, when and where to protest or how to deal with this treatment. We know all white folks ain't racist but if you're the race that is responsible for this treatment you're the last people that should be telling us how to deal with it.

That's like a killers family telling the victims family "don't run to cops" "Let's handle this quietly."

Then come back and throw the "military" back in your face.

When the Vietnam war started in 1955....Black people were lawfully discriminated at voting.

So Black soldiers fought in 3 wars post slavery (WW1, WW2, Vietnam War).....and they came back without even the simple right to vote.

Black people shed blood for a country where they were legally discriminated against....and didn't have rights in the country they were fighting for.

Those "patriots" going at KAEP should hold those minority soldiers in the highest esteem. There are black people still alive that fought in a war for a country, at a time where they were legally second class citizens.

Think about that for a minute......:smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Hardest thing to do. Is to be the first person to stand. I dislike the 49rs, I dislike kapernick in general, because he was always acting like a douche or a crybaby. I thought at first this was a childish cry for attention.......

Then I realized he was serious. And this, I give him mad props and respect to, because I seriously don't think he wanted it to become a big deal he probably figured nobody would care. But it's downright frightening to he the only one standing (or sitting) it's easy to look at the oppressed and say, wow they have a right to protest. But when the unopprresed, the people who have absolutely everything to lose by taking a stand protest..... That's a statement.

They aren't educated on:

-Housing discrimination
-Mandatory minimums

Why are there HBCU's?

As someone from the Chicago area, nothing gets me as heated when hearing about conservatives using crime in Chicago as a talking point.

There are so many factors that contributed to the state Chicago is in right now.

-Redlining
-Blockbusting
-TIFs
-Deindustrialization
-Gentrification
-Housing projects
-Automation

etc.

ALL OF THIS IS AT THE HANDS OF WHITE EXECUTIVES, POLITICIANS, AND PUBLIC OFFICIALS.

And please, they're gonna tell us we don't care about black on black violence. There's tons of initiatives and groups looking to stop the crime in Chicago.
Look at them here:

http://mbmhmc.com
http://www.mtv.com/news/2168166/chance-the-rapper-anti-violence-initiative-chicago/
http://getinchicago.org
http://www.buildchicago.org
http://cureviolence.org/
http://home.chicagopolice.org/community/expanded-anti-violence-initiative/
http://www.chicagosurvivors.org

It took me all of five seconds to Google this ****. None of these folks can name one, nor have they done anything to empower these groups or even join them.

It's utterly insane that we can't expose the social injustices in our nation without folks deflecting the blame back to minorities.

You can choose to be a cop, but you can't choose to be black. And guess who White America is siding with more.

The one tolerable thing about Skip is his stance on social issues, which he has never budged on, and I respect that.

Last edited:

Then come back and throw the "military" back in your face.

When the Vietnam war started in 1955....Black people were lawfully discriminated at voting.

So Black soldiers fought in 3 wars post slavery (WW1, WW2, Vietnam War).....and they came back without even the simple right to vote.

Black people shed blood for a country where they were legally discriminated against....and didn't have rights in the country they were fighting for.

Those "patriots" going at KAEP should hold those minority soldiers in the highest esteem. There are black people still alive that fought in a war for a country, at a time where they were legally second class citizens.

Think about that for a minute......:smh: :smh:
Don't forget the Korean war black soldiers also fought in; circa 1950.

That's that unsung war.

"An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted."

we're def seeing that now. I don't think America will exist as we know it in 50 years tbh.

President Obama taking a knee during the anthem would be lit.
All hell would break loose if he did that 
laugh.gif

"See?? We told y'all Obama wasn't born in da US. Now this filthy communist and secret Muslim infiltrator is trying to destroy 'Murrica!!"

Its crazy people saying racism is over
The civil rights movemet was just 50 years ago

The little girl who broke down the segregation barrier just turned i think 67

We still got black soldier who fought in world wars living

Hyped for sankofa this year

Its crazy people saying racism is over
The civil rights movemet was just 50 years ago

The little girl who broke down the segregation barrier just turned i think 67

We still got black soldier who fought in world wars living

Hyped for sankofa this year
When people say that they are either stupid or trolling

are ya aware that having a "post racial" position, something Max Kellerman noted weeks ago & Stephen A Smith acknowledged is a valid position to have for some large groups of people?..

i know it may be irritating to hear, but some people (white, black hispanic, asian) dont gotta deal, think, or care about race, so they're not invested in this conversation or engaged.

http://whitenessproject.org/

my fav NPR show got this whole segment of "whiteness"

perhaps this site will add additional perspective to ya, so it wont be a just black & white issue.

are ya aware that having a "post racial" position, something Max Kellerman noted weeks ago & Stephen A Smith acknowledged is a valid position to have for some large groups of people?..

i know it may be irritating to hear, but some people (white, black hispanic, asian) dont gotta deal, think, or care about race, so they're not invested in this conversation or engaged.

perhaps this site will add additional perspective to ya, so it wont be a just black & white issue.

Which is a problem itself. You have people that scoff at the notion that racism and injustice exists (people who actually have power to make changes, both good and bad) simply cause they don't deal with it. Out of sight, out of mind. So they may not be blatantly ignorant, just haplessly naive.

We (the people) are not the ones who made things black and white. The institutions and the people who represent them have been built to observe, decide, and judge things that way either inadvertently (personal biases) or on purpose (federal policies denying access to certain things to certain people). A unified US will have to live in a post racial society, but that won't be achieved as long as institutional favoritism isn't addressed.

It's good and dandy to want to believe that we ARE living in a post-racial society, but when being called a thug (regardless of financial, educational, or professional achievements) is considered a valid response to one's concerns about the society they live in, it means that we're not there yet and anyone who believes we "have arrived" is deluded.

The problem with America:

"i know it may be irritating to hear, but some people (white, black hispanic, asian) dont gotta deal, think, or care about race, so they're not invested in this conversation or engaged."

Fixed

Fixed

I kno thats in akkordance to who youre responding to, but where would you kategorize hispanics? I kno you kould place some in white, black, n, in some kases, asian, but mexicans, el salvadorians, etc. dont identify as any of those. Would you place us as native american, kuz thats what i used to put down, along with white kuz momma, when i was in high school? But we arent really rekognized as native american. Where would you put brown hispanics?

Not tryna derail by any means, n if there is a thread that addressed this already, please point me in that direktion.

Back
Top Bottom