Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cam, Bron and Steph all in tough positions.

I've never had that kind of pressure on me so I can't act like I got the answers for what they should be or shouldnt be saying.

I also don't expect a football player or movie star to know enough about social issues or political issues in the first place. They are regular folk like you and I. Confused and conflicted.

Also, Malcolm once criticized the media and black community for going to black comedians and black athletes for social/political issues citing that white people don't do that. They go to the experts in their respected fields for these types of things.

I see his point and I'm inclined to agree.

Last edited:
Can ya'll please stop responding to this Titanium clown. This is the same dude that said in Canada they form their opinions on black people from TV and rap music. You cannot have a discussion with folks like that.

No Charges if you resign? How it must be nice to be an officer. Around me, there is county, local, and state police departments that seem to swap out the rejected "resigned" individuals as they go from place to place maintaining their badge. They say they have so few qualified applicants, that a bonafide excessive force officer is better than people off the streets.

Must be nice for so many.

-paid LEAVE
-Vacation cashed out
- Accurred sick leave cashed out
-PENSION MAINTAINED.
-Being an officer anywhere else maintained without a single scratch on their record

So, what are you getting at? Are you focused on injustice or making a point? I am confused.

My point is many of those " focused on injustice" are actually picking who to praise or vilify based on more than what they just say.
They are upset with other things cam does and they dont want to own up to it.
Bron literally said the words people screamed were created by racists to discredit black lives matter.
However...
Bron has awesome shoes and wins chips and is cool with rappers and married within his race.
So its not cool to go after him, just cam.

So, what are you getting at? Are you focused on injustice or making a point? I am confused.
My point is many of those " focused on injustice" are actually picking who to praise or vilify based on more than what they just say.
Bron literally said the words people screamed were created by racists to discredit black lives matter.
However...
Bron has awesome shoes and wins chips and is cool with rappers and married within his race.
“I don’t want this to be about race, because it’s not. It’s not. Like, we’re beyond that. As a nation.”

Meanwhile, LBJ says he is afraid for his son in the current climate between cops and minorities. You still think they said the same thing? 

Lebron's explanation is waaaaayyy different than that mess Cam was saying. Cam was on that "well what about black on black crime" talk. Lebron still shoulda went harder cuz this is a black and white thing.
I've been accused of being a LeBron stan, but I feel he's been a little too passive about this. Definitely not Cam level (for what he did at the ESPYs alone), but he's definitely not Shannon Sharpe/Craig Hodges level either.

Also, dude has a unique opportunity to influence history this year: Brought a championship to Cleveland/Ohio in a key battleground state where he's basically elevated to God status in an election year and he hasn't really gotten involved in the presidential campaign. I'm not saying he has to endorse Hillary directly, but he could come with a statement or two indicating that she is the better choice than that bigot.

However...

Sigh. I didn't want to respond to this trollin.....but oh well.

First of all,

There was an entire movement and support behind Cam...as recently as a few months ago. You must've missed Cam Newtom being the leader of #BlackExcellence in football. We all defended cam when those racist white people called him all types of thugs for simply dabbin etc.

Then this dude comes out a few months later on some all lives matter tip. We let him slide there. Then he suddenly:

-fakes like he doesn't understand why 1/8th skin causes racism.
-Then we find out that he allowed the Falcons to hire a Trump pollster to "coach him on handling race questions". ----Then he comes out and talks about black on black crime, blah blah blah.

Cam has done a complete 180 in the past few months....for his image.

LeBron on the other hand.....has shown us consistency in raising awareness to social issues. Including, but not limited to:

-The whole Miami Heat wearing hoods for Trayvon Martin.
-Bron Wearing the "I can't breathe" shirt for Eric Garner.
-And calling out injustices this summer at the ESPY's with Cp3, Wade & Melo.

That's the difference. We would've liked LeBron to speak more directly on the issue. But nothing he has done in the past, or him simply saying "all lives matter" one time is enough to throw him in the same boat as Cam and them.

Nah.

Racists want to focus on LeBron saying "all lives matter", which I watched the video and I don't hear him saying that so maybe its in another video?

Wis they would go this hard on police brutality.

Bron said nothing wrong imo. That "all lives matter" comment came off as more of an acknowledgement, instead of flat out deflection.

Cam straight up tap danced. Completely different, no comparison needed, 2 different people.

“I don’t want this to be about race, because it’s not. It’s not. Like, we’re beyond that. As a nation.”

Meanwhile, LBJ says he is afraid for his son in the current climate between cops and minorities. You still think they said the same thing? 

What lbj said was every bit as safe and coached as cam, with dollars in mind.
I guess you missed hillary and donald yesterday but people drop the " I have kids" thing as a tool to relate to all colors and seem "good".
His media coaches and advisors will tell him to pull the kid card any chance he gets because its what appeals to everyone.
I dont see why my making a point is taking away the focus on injustice, when the people in this thread already lost their focus to go at cam.

I dont envy bron or cam in this as I believe some people are happy to go to work and focus on their lives.

if someone equates Bron and Cam message.  lmao I won't even say it. Bc the trend is I get reported and the trolls/racists get to stay.

SO back on topic. 

kneel, stand, sit. It aint about the flag. its about the people. treat black lives equally. the end.

if someone equates Bron and Cam message.  lmao I won't even say it. Bc the trend is I get reported and the trolls/racists get to stay.

SO back on topic. 

kneel, stand, sit. It aint about the flag. its about the people. treat black lives equally. the end.
Trend is, someone says something you dont like, so you cant stop editing swear words and calling names.
Serious names, like racist.
You could go find a real life one but you choose to imagine them online and falsely accuse them.

The "all lives matter" from Bron was harmless, but we need to stop using that hashtag as it's fuel for the racists (ironically). Good political answer, I understand he'll protest and keep the discussion going, and taking a knee ain't in his heart, but I'd still like to see him do it. This was nothing like Cam's, only an instigator would see it th way knowing LeBron has already addressed this head on and is a part of building up communities. He doesn't have to tap dance because he's out there ensuring our communities are better, that's a moot point to him. All the ***** that bring that up should also put up or shut up.

Trend is, someone says something you dont like, so you cant stop editing swear words and calling names.
Serious names, like racist.
You could go find a real life one but you choose to imagine them online and falsely accuse them.
i don't use curse words nice try.

i don't need to find racists when they're here right in front of my screen.

but i guess  there's freedom of speech.

you're lucky to have the privilege you are blind to

The "all lives matter" from Bron was harmless, but we need to stop using that hashtag as it's fuel for the racists (ironically). Good political answer, I understand he'll protest and keep the discussion going, and taking a knee ain't in his heart, but I'd still like to see him do it. This was nothing like Cam's, only an instigator would see it th way knowing LeBron has already addressed this head on and is a part of building up communities. He doesn't have to tap dance because he's out there ensuring our communities are better, that's a moot point to him. All the ***** that bring that up should also put up or shut up.

Exactly

Another one in cali? I just seen it on fb don't know if it's true or not.

Y'all school officials comments on the Nebraska players that kneeled? What I wouldn't give to beat that dude Hal Daubs face to a bloody pulp I swear to god. They're basically saying shut n***** and play football or get kicked off the team. I may have to cutout college football as well as the NFL.

i don't use curse words nice try.

i don't need to find racists when they're here right in front of my screen.

but i guess  there's freedom of speech.

you're lucky to have the privilege you are blind to

The same freedom of speech you encourage other people to take from me by calling me a racist troll?
Sorry, it is a two way street bud.
Perhaps it was during the irish Potato faminine where my family suffered that we earned our white privilege?

I live in the 3rd most diverse place on earth and will engage in racial topics in areas where being white and having an opinion is a no win.
Like a shoe message board.
Then even when I participate in wdywt, outlet reports, pick ups and shoe threads.......I get called a race troll for not being 100% with people that cant stop contradicting themselves.
Meanwhile you have actual race trolls on your side ( no shoe2shoeking) who have no real attachment to this place at all.
Thousands of race posts, made purely to trigger and bash white people.
So keep calling me names and acting like im the racist troll when you actually lean that way and support them

Y'all school officials comments on the Nebraska players that kneeled? What I wouldn't give to beat that dude Hal Daubs face to a bloody pulp I swear to god. They're basically saying shut n***** and play football or get kicked off the team. I may have to cutout college football as well as the NFL.

Just read it :smh:. Brothers need to stop going to these schools. That's how hey really feel about the brothers at these schools. It's sick.

The same freedom of speech you encourage other people to take from me by calling me a racist troll?
Sorry, it is a two way street bud.
Perhaps it was during the irish Potato faminine where my family suffered that we earned our white privilege?

I live in the 3rd most diverse place on earth and will engage in racial topics in areas where being white and having an opinion is a no win.
Like a shoe message board.
Then even when I participate in wdywt, outlet reports, pick ups and shoe threads.......I get called a race troll for not being 100% with people that cant stop contradicting themselves.
Meanwhile you have actual race trolls on your side ( no shoe2shoeking) who have no real attachment to this place at all.
Thousands of race posts, made purely to trigger and bash white people.
So keep calling me names and acting like im the racist troll when you actually lean that way and support them

At first I thought you were trollin. Now it's evident you simply don't get it. No amount of trying to explain these things to you is going to be productive, enlightening or fruitful.

Back
Top Bottom