Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd say the most important thing in the road to equality is equal educational opportunities. American society is very very poorly educated across racial lines(which is why poor whites can't get their head out of the sand). I don't see us segregating as practical or much more beneficial[emoji]128533[/emoji]

Last edited:
I'd say the most important thing in the road to equality is equal educational opportunities. American society is very very poorly educated across racial lines(which is why poor whites can't get their head out of the same). I don't see us segregating as practical or much more beneficial[emoji]128533[/emoji]

It's a thought, but not really practical in the least. I mean last time something like that was attempted with Black Wallstreet, the city was burned to the ground by folks who didn't want to see the prosperity.

Looks like Bron outchea playing both sides as well.

After several times responding to various "Black discrimination" threads throughout Niketalk, I want to say I feel for you, and I understand, but to be honest, my personal experiences are 1/1000 of what 99% of what black people go through every day.
I live in Hawaii, which is the most racially harmonious state in the nation, and the only one where white people is not a majority.
View media item 2178901http://www.infoplease.com/us/census/data/hawaii/demographic.html

With the police here, there is no fear of getting pulled over while driving while black. My biggest fear of police was driving while ricing, which is basically fear of a ticket, for having a lowered car, or a Honda etc. As much as we cried unfair etc. being afraid of a ticket, is nothing compared to being afraid of being killed. Along with the racial makeup of the state, the police force is equally divided racially, with honestly, very few white officers. Mostly local Asian, and Polynesian race.

Even here, we have different types of white people. If you're of Portuguese heritage, you basically are local, and are treated more like local, than "white".
The local word for black, isn't anything resembling the word black in any language. It's Popolo, and no I have no idea why the Hawaiian word for black people is that, cause the Hawaiian word for black is ele'ele. I think it might have to do more with the fact that the Hawaiian people were really dark to begin with, so there is no "derogatory" type of word derived from the color.
But speaking of race, and slang, growing up here, you could get teased cause of your race, but it was all in jest. Nobody cared. It's not the same in the mainland. I am half Japanese, and Half filipino, the local obvious slangs are *** and Flip. If you were to call me either of that i really could care less. However, if your Japanese from the mainland, it's considered a racial insult to be called ***. Here, nobody cares. In fact, it's almost reverse racism in a way, with white people being called haole. that word means foreigner... but white people got so insulted at having some sort of designation, they tried (and mainly failed) to have that word considered a racial epitaph. There is kind of a slight resentment to (USA)whites, because of the way they illegally took advantage of the Local people in the past to overthrow the govt, and steal the country. However, there was a lot of love for the brits back then, henceforth the reason why the state flag has the union jack in it.

So basically, nobody here cares about your race. What happens when you have racially harmony in the state? You have the first Asian Senator, who at one point was President of the Senate, and Chair of the Appropriations committee. This person, also lost his right arm in WW2, as a lieutenant, and became a distinguished cross recipient, and late upgraded to MOH. You have the First Asian Governor, followed by a Hawaiian, Filipino, and even a Portuguese Female one. You have a Pacific Island Heisman finalist, followed by a Pacific Island Heisman winner. and Finally, you have the first "black" president of the United States.

Now, that last one, had me thinking... with only 2% of Hawaii's population being black, and us having such a small percentage population of the US, what are the odds that a black man from Hawaii becomes president of the United States? It all clicked. When you grow up without having people hate you, when you grow up, with being able to relate to everyone around you, When you grow up without anyone being prejudiced, against you, or caring about your skin color, anything is possible. The biggest Irony in having a black president, is that he didn't have to go through or experience what 99% of black people in america have to deal with on a daily basis.

After several times responding to various "Black discrimination" threads throughout Niketalk, I want to say I feel for you, and I understand, but to be honest, my personal experiences are 1/1000 of what 99% of what black people go through every day.
I live in Hawaii, which is the most racially harmonious state in the nation, and the only one where white people is not a majority.
View media item 2178901http://www.infoplease.com/us/census/data/hawaii/demographic.html

With the police here, there is no fear of getting pulled over while driving while black. My biggest fear of police was driving while ricing, which is basically fear of a ticket, for having a lowered car, or a Honda etc. As much as we cried unfair etc. being afraid of a ticket, is nothing compared to being afraid of being killed. Along with the racial makeup of the state, the police force is equally divided racially, with honestly, very few white officers. Mostly local Asian, and Polynesian race.

Even here, we have different types of white people. If you're of Portuguese heritage, you basically are local, and are treated more like local, than "white".
The local word for black, isn't anything resembling the word black in any language. It's Popolo, and no I have no idea why the Hawaiian word for black people is that, cause the Hawaiian word for black is ele'ele. I think it might have to do more with the fact that the Hawaiian people were really dark to begin with, so there is no "derogatory" type of word derived from the color.
But speaking of race, and slang, growing up here, you could get teased cause of your race, but it was all in jest. Nobody cared. It's not the same in the mainland. I am half Japanese, and Half filipino, the local obvious slangs are *** and Flip. If you were to call me either of that i really could care less. However, if your Japanese from the mainland, it's considered a racial insult to be called ***. Here, nobody cares. In fact, it's almost reverse racism in a way, with white people being called haole. that word means foreigner... but white people got so insulted at having some sort of designation, they tried (and mainly failed) to have that word considered a racial epitaph. There is kind of a slight resentment to (USA)whites, because of the way they illegally took advantage of the Local people in the past to overthrow the govt, and steal the country. However, there was a lot of love for the brits back then, henceforth the reason why the state flag has the union jack in it.

So basically, nobody here cares about your race. What happens when you have racially harmony in the state? You have the first Asian Senator, who at one point was President of the Senate, and Chair of the Appropriations committee. This person, also lost his right arm in WW2, as a lieutenant, and became a distinguished cross recipient, and late upgraded to MOH. You have the First Asian Governor, followed by a Hawaiian, Filipino, and even a Portuguese Female one. You have a Pacific Island Heisman finalist, followed by a Pacific Island Heisman winner. and Finally, you have the first "black" president of the United States.

Now, that last one, had me thinking... with only 2% of Hawaii's population being black, and us having such a small percentage population of the US, what are the odds that a black man from Hawaii becomes president of the United States? It all clicked. When you grow up without having people hate you, when you grow up, with being able to relate to everyone around you, When you grow up without anyone being prejudiced, against you, or caring about your skin color, anything is possible. The biggest Irony in having a black president, is that he didn't have to go through or experience what 99% of black people in america have to deal with on a daily basis.

Maybe you should read Obama's books. He says he openly admits he didn't face the discrimination that most black people had to go through in Hawaii, but he still faced it. And as he got older he started to wake up to stuff going on around him and it pissed him off to no end. And Obama grew up in Hawaii in the 1970s. **** wasn't wavy....

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/2008-05-19-2291659494_x.htm

Plus he left the state in his late teens, he was on the mainland during the years when black men have the biggest target on their blacks.

I do agree that living in Hawaii probably shaped his world view, but I don't believe that Hawaii is free from prejudice and discrimination on black people.

And Obama being president is not proof that it is IMO. Barrack Obama is strange case, dude is probably one of the biggest overachievers the world as every seen and I hate using these examples on the fringe whether it be rappers, basketball players or Obama on what black people can achieve when enough things click.

West Indians and African immigrants have a different world view that manifest it self in the outcomes you see in the community, and I'm sure Obama's experience makes him see the world different, but let us use the dream of a post racial society (that doesn't really exist, or will exist) to let our social economic system off the hook.

Not even Obama does that

Last edited:
exceptional examples 
mean.gif

Came back to see if everyone is throwing shade at lebron like they do at Cam for his " all lives matter" comments I just watched on worldstar.
His words, as coached, showed support to both sides, safely, with his pocket book in mind, like you all accuse cam of doing.
We burning bron jerseys again or are we hating cam for reasons we aint admitting?

Maybe you should read Obama's books. He says he openly admits he didn't face the discrimination that most black people had to go through in Hawaii, but he still faced it. And as he got older he started to wake up to stuff going on around him and it pissed him off to no end. And Obama grew up in Hawaii in the 1970s. **** wasn't wavy....

Plus he left the state in his late teens, he was on the mainland during the years when black men have the biggest target on their blacks.

I do agree that living in Hawaii probably shaped his world view, but I don't believe that Hawaii is free from prejudice and discrimination on black people.

And Obama being president is not proof that it is IMO. Barrack Obama is strange case, dude is probably one of the biggest overachievers the world as every seen and I hate using these examples on the fringe whether it be rappers, basketball players or Obama on what black people can achieve when enough things click.

West Indians and African immigrants have a different world view that manifest it self in the outcomes you see in the community, and I'm sure Obama's experience makes him see the world different, but let us use the dream of a post racial society (that doesn't really exist, or will exist) to let our social economic system off the hook.

Not even Obama does that
I think you're misinterpreting what I'm trying to say. In a nutshell, the best way to have equality is to have no one have a majority.

Not even Obama does that
I think you're misinterpreting what I'm trying to say. In a nutshell, the best way to have equality is to have no one have a majority.

That's not true though.

Yeah I knew everyone would give bron the all lives matter pass...he's just too cool not to

Last edited:
Apparently that cop resigned so there were no charges, but they permanently suspended his law enforcement license so he couldn't go be law enforcement somewhere else. Good, this is what I need to see for brutes like this, and prison for the murderers.

Last edited:
whats the lebron talk about?

are people arriving to conclusions based off a snippet or the full video of what he said?

To me it came across as he was saying the issue needs the attention of everybody, or "all lives" no matter what color you are.

lebron isnt the best public speaker either... in the same video he used apply in stead of comply

Back
Top Bottom