Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Stephen a on first take :x :x LMAO the white dude up there telling the truth while he on there ****ing for dear life smh

Last edited:
Much of entertainment and the decorum at those events in the United States were created for white people, most notably white men with money. The rules of behavior are bent to their comfort so that they will continue to support such events with their dollars. So leniency was granted for the unruly white guy who had a little too much to drink, or had gotten a bit too excited, because that is the point. That patron or fan, does not realize that he is actually a sucker in the system. He is actually seen as white trash misbehaving, creating a spectacle of what not to be for that other white man, those who live with the privilege of wealth while being white. The privilege of being white, being able to act the *** and then being forgiven, given a second chance, will be given to the fat little white guy. But Russ being able to punch him in the mouth, something which may be able to happen if nobody were paying to see the game, is an option taken from Russ because he is the attraction. So I personally loved how Westbrook played this, use their rules against them, make them go vote for Trump.

DS,

I think we sometimes forget the origins of certain roles/jobs in our society and we wonder why they are some inherently racist.

Take the cops for instance. The first police in this country were used for what purpose? To make sure slaves that escaped from their plantations were brought back to their masters. That is the HISTORY of the officer. So we really wonder why black people's relationship with the police is what it is?

Same with fans at sporting events. What is the history of the fan of a live sporting event? Entertain the rich, well off, white male. So of course there is a level of privilege there in terms of how they are expected to conduct themselves. Of course there is a racial undertone when they are watching these athletes "entertain" them. (I can't held but to think about the slave battle scene in the living room in DJANGO when Leo was just watching it go down.)

Some folks just won't see it because they don't have to face race each and every day, so of course it is viewed as a "reach" when we believe those fingers said MORE than just f-u Russ.

DS,

I think we sometimes forget the origins of certain roles/jobs in our society and we wonder why they are some inherently racist.

Take the cops for instance. The first police in this country were used for what purpose? To make sure slaves that escaped from their plantations were brought back to their masters. That is the HISTORY of the officer. So we really wonder why black people's relationship with the police is what it is?

Same with fans at sporting events. What is the history of the fan of a live sporting event? Entertain the rich, well off, white male. So of course there is a level of privilege there in terms of how they are expected to conduct themselves. Of course there is a racial undertone when they are watching these athletes "entertain" them. (I can't held but to think about the slave battle scene in the living room in DJANGO when Leo was just watching it go down.)

Some folks just won't see it because they don't have to face race each and every day, so of course it is viewed as a "reach" when we believe those fingers said MORE than just f-u Russ.
Bravo. Wonderfully stated.

Surprised no one has mentioned Colin's "Know Your Rights" event he hosted

Inspired by the Black Panther Party’s “10-Point” platform,  Kaepernick also created black T-shirts for the event, featuring the following 10 rights:

1. You have the right to be free.
2. You have the right to be healthy.
3. You have the right to be brilliant.
4. You have the right to be safe.
5. You have the right be loved.
6. You have the right to be courageous.
7. You have the right to be alive.
8. You have the right to be trusted.
9. You have the right to be educated.
10. You have the right to know your rights.

In addition, attendees received backpacks, subscriptions to Ancestry.com (to learn more about their heritage), and a copy of the Autobiography of Malcolm X.

Despite being scrutinized  for protesting the anthem, Kaepernick’s focus isn’t on those refusing to support — or even understand — his motivation.

“I know what my purpose is,” he told the Mercury News. “I know what my goal is. My conviction in that is strong enough that it doesn’t matter what anybody says because I know it’s right. And the fact that 100 kids would come out here on a Saturday morning, on their free time to do this, early in the morning, that shows that they believe in this, too.”

Surprised no one has mentioned Colin's "Know Your Rights" event he hosted

That's the dopest kinda dope Kap...I really dig the ancestry.com touch.

And I can't say enough good things about the autobiography of Malcolm X. It was the book that opened my eyes, and I haven't met a person that's read it that hasn't been affected positively by it...

RESPEK [emoji]9994[/emoji]..I love this

And I can't say enough good things about the autobiography of Malcolm X. It was the book that opened my eyes, and I haven't met a person that's read it that hasn't been affected positively by it...
That was the first book they made us read in high school that I really enjoyed reading. #NeverForgetDetroitRed

Saw this on a tumblr.....

Black folk really just be minding they own business, it’s other races that feel the need to interject in what we doing.

We were minding our business in Africa

We were minding our business in Black Wallstreet

We were minding our business in California

Folk have notoriously felt the need to mess with Black people

I heard Dr Umar say something like... When you feel inferior, when you know you have recessive genes you cheat to win. You think you have to take over, hold a certain people back, kill them off. When have the dominant gene you just exist.

Last edited:
Nelly and Shannon.
pimp.gif

fox59.com/2016/11/04/st-louis-mom-wants-answers-after-photo-of-officer-posing-with-her-dead-son-surfaces/

If it hasn't beenposted

"I don't know why his thumb is in the air, I don't know what he's doing at that point."

Wut

Stephen A mad as **** that Kaep ain't vote. :lol:

Too many of these people voting just to vote. Both candidates were trash. Good for Kaep for not doing the PC thing.

Stephen A mad as **** that Kaep ain't vote. :lol:

Too many of these people voting just to vote. Both candidates were trash. Good for Kaep for not doing the PC thing.

Ironically he didn't get nearly as upset during the discussion about at a white woman calling a black man a animal and saying he needs to be put down. Dude is such a tap dancing fool he makes me sick

This clown on NFL Live just read her "statement" and then after says "now hopefully this can be put to bed"

The lack of accountability by these people are disgusting

Back
Top Bottom