Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man, look. I respect Kap and am behind his protest 100%. But I gotta be honest, he lost a bit of credability with me for not voting at all. Even if he would have cast a protest vote I would have been ok with that. But not voting chips away at the foundation he's set on. Because that lets me know that there no end game in sight. You have to be working towards a goal or ideal. Regardless of if you believe in the democratic system or not, you can't affect positive without your political voice being heard. 

No presidential candidate is gonna do anything for black people. Republicans blatantly don't care. Democrats know they already have our vote out of fear of the big bad Republican and tradition so they have no reason to do anything.

Until we get a economic base these politicians ain't doing ****. You don't see Asians out here saying "We got a vote or else oh my god" they have some what of a economic base and they have protection from their home country. America would have a problem if they were locking up, beating and killing Asians the way they do us.

Black people we are just over here with no real ownership and no protection. They've shown us for decades they can whatever they want and get away with it. No vote is gonna stop that.

I don't give a damn about Kaep not voting. What he spoke up about. What he put his money and time on means more IMO.

Last edited:
I understand not being excited about Clinton, but we really gonna act like Donald Trump is the better option?

Go in the politics thread, the Donald Trump President thread, and go on Twitter. People really have been making up reasons as to why Trump is the better candidate, even though simple logic and common sense says otherwise

I respect his right not to vote.

But I think it's incredibly shortsighted. While both candidates weren't amazing choices, one clearly had an agenda set in place that would've helped further causes that Kaep champions.

This is the danger with protest votes/non-votes. Now we have President Trump and he REALLY doesnt give a **** about a black person. And his policies, or lack thereof, show that.

And miss me with that we've endured through worse, we'll survive nonsense. While true, why would we intentionally make it harder in the now just because we're not 100% on board with a candidate? That's called hustling backwards. I'm trying to see as many people flourish as soon as possible. And if candidate A can help facilitate that, I'm voting for them without question.

100% Agreed. I'm in favor of Kap's protest but him not voting truly undermines his attempts and weakens his position.

No presidential candidate is gonna do anything for black people. Republicans blatantly don't care. Democrats know they already have our vote out of fear of the big bad Republican and tradition so they have no reason to do anything.

Until we get a economic base these politicians ain't doing ****. You don't see Asians out here saying "We got a vote or else oh my god" they have some what of a economic base and they have protection from their home country. America would have a problem if they were locking up, beating and killing Asians the way they do us.

Black people we are just over here with no real ownership and no protection. They've shown us for decades they can whatever they want and get away with it. No vote is gonna stop that.

I don't give a damn about Kaep not voting. What he spoke up about. What he put his money and time on means more IMO.

100% facts

colin vote got canceled out by somebody who voted for harambe 
eyes.gif

I'm not mad at him at all.

These voting bullies are annoying as hell. How are you upset at someone for not participating in corrupt politics ? These were 2 of the most unpopular candidates ......ever. You're going to feel some type of way about a person not choosing one ?
mean.gif

I understand he has a voice and eyes are on him, but it's his right not to do so. I know too many people who voted only because they hated Trump, but can't tell you one of Hillary's policies or plans. Yet those folks want to get mad at people who didn't vote...... That's dangerous.
It's kinda like I'm going to trust a broken system to fix the broken system. But it somewhat shows lack of vision or depth. Not every politician fits in that broken territory so it would appear that he does not know enough about politics to lead us in a political change.

Man, look. I respect Kap and am behind his protest 100%. But I gotta be honest, he lost a bit of credability with me for not voting at all. Even if he would have cast a protest vote I would have been ok with that. But not voting chips away at the foundation he's set on. Because that lets me know that there no end game in sight. You have to be working towards a goal or ideal. Regardless of if you believe in the democratic system or not, you can't affect positive without your political voice being heard. 
Pretty much. But we can turn where he fell short into a victory of sorts. Somebody can step up and put together a lil lesson on the importance of state level elections and as we educate him more people can be educated that had the same thought process. Many people, including myself, don't know much about politics but are becoming more and more interested in it and are looking for politician to keep track of that have our interests and well being in mind.

This right here ! Preach

What exactly would you two like a President to do for black people....any specifics??

**** government _'s politic theyself

This right here ! Preach

What exactly would you two like a President to do for black people....any specifics??

**** government _'s politic theyself

Yeah that sounds "cool" and all champ but the fact of the matter is politics and the government as a whole, particularly on a local level effects ALL of our lives one way or another. If YOU Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius choose not to be actively involved in a system that is going to effect you and others then that is shameful and embarrassing on your end, particularly because you are outspoken about the system in question.

Yall talkin bout we need black leaders and we need to support our own.......How? Those of yall who didn't vote keep saying this, but i'm not seeing any action on your side. Where are these so called black leaders? How are we gonna support our own?  At least those of us who do vote and make our voices heard are doing something to try and change things for the better. 

Keep thinking your vote doesn't matter. That's a piss-poor mentality to have. Your opinion at the ballot can help bring change. It doesn't matter if you are for/against the candidates who are running...there are other things where you can lend a vote to that can potentially impact your (or someone you care about) day-to-day living. Colin Kaepernick was well within his right to vote...but he set an AWFUL example for others to follow by being blase about the whole process. He's the face of a current social-justice movement. He could have done better. As a guy who 100% respects and BELIEVES in Kap's stance (no pun) towards the anthem, I can't get behind his mentality towards voting. I just can't.

You don't want to get behind Trump/Clinton, fine. Millions of people feel the same way. However, use your platform to drop some names who would be excellent folks to write in...****, say something about Cory Booker HOPEFULLY running in 2020. It goes on and on. I'm really disappointed, man.

Last edited:

Yall talkin bout we need black leaders and we need to support our own.......How? Those of yall who didn't vote keep saying this, but i'm not seeing any action on your side. Where are these so called black leaders? How are we gonna support our own?  At least those of us who do vote and make our voices heard are doing something to try and change things for the better. 
We have to identify leaders who support us if we want some kind of recent change or change within the next 10 years. Other than that we have to start uplifting and training up some political leaders. If we can't find already established political leaders who support us then we have to build them. The return won't be soon but it will be the foundation

It's like a team always giving up, then wonder how it is the other team continually dominates. Then you wonder long enough, you forget that you initially gave up and rationalize in your mind that the opposing team is now the system and unchangeable. No, it's you, that's why at the end of the day ninjahood can stunt on you despite all your intellect. He participated and paid attention.

Last edited:
Kaep not voting undermines his position and weakens his position?? In who's eyes??

Kaep stated the reason he didnt vote. His reason for not voting is consistent with his stance. You are asking him to be a hypocrite and compromise his values to make you feel better? To complete a gesture that YOU value?

I dont agree with him because I supported Hillary and didnt want to see Trump win. But if he feels like both candidates would continue to further and uphold the oppression of minorities why should he vote? You could say he could have done 3rd party but thats still just an empty gesture.

IMO he can not vote all he wants but as long as he is putting in real work in these communites to make a change, I will not knock this brother at all.

SAS a sucka for getting on him like that.

Kaep not voting undermines his position and weakens his position?? In who's eyes??

Kaep stated the reason he didnt vote. His reason for not voting is consistent with his stance. You are asking him to be a hypocrite and compromise his values to make you feel better? To complete a gesture that YOU value?

I dont agree with him because I supported Hillary and didnt want to see Trump win. But if he feels like both candidates would continue to further and uphold the oppression of minorities why should he vote? You could say he could have done 3rd party but thats still just an empty gesture.

Yeah yeah yeah....at the end of the day Colin didn't participate on Tuesday and sat on the sidelines....just like he did at the beginning of this football season when he was on the bench, and rightly so.

What Colin and some of the misguided brothers on here that think like him fail to realize is that the "game" is still being played and effects you even if you don't participate. So the opposing team is running up the score and you are on the sidelines or worse yet nowhere near the field, not playing defense or trying to score yourself. Then you complain about losing and wondering why you are "behind" in points by so much. So yeah, Kap undermined his stance and his position.

It's like a team always giving up, then wonder how it is the other team continually dominates. Then you wonder long enough, you forget that you initially gave up and rationalize in your mind that the opposing team is now the system and unchangeable. No, it's you, that's why at the end of the day ninjahood can stunt on you despite all your intellect. He participated and paid attention.

Talk to 'em.

What's with the nonsensical reach, bro?

It was a question I'm generally curious about. If it came out that kaep voted for trump, what would the reactions be. I want to see if people are mad about him not voting period, or not voting for the right candidate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom