Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
i feel like what vick is saying is that he knows from experience that kaep is gonna have to tap dance and assimilate if he wants these hwypipo to **** with him again.

whether thats right or wrong is a whole nother discussion entirely but if anyone would know its vick.

As true as that is he still found the worst way to potentially convey that message. After Ray Lewis went on his BS rant I've lost faith in my old sports heroes

As true as that is he still found the worst way to potentially convey that message. After Ray Lewis went on his BS rant I've lost faith in my old sports heroes

Black athletes are in a bad spot since the sports industries are not controlled by them overall. They can soft-shoe/c@@n their whole career so they don't mess up their paper and have white fans going in on them (which they will eventually, anyway). Or they can speak out, lose out on paper, contracts, endorsements, and have white fans going in on them.

We can run down a whole list of black athletes who thought they were in good with white fans until the first time they ef'd up. Soft-shoeing gets you nowhere.

most definitely was disappointing to hear him say that.

even the white dude was like "its shocking to hear YOU say that..."

like even whitey was taken aback with how blatant and disgusting this guy was with it

his hair nor his political views should have nothing to do with his player stock

but again im assuming vick knows something we dont. from his own experience.

Black athletes are in a bad spot since the sports industries are not controlled by them overall. They can soft-shoe/c@@n their whole career so they don't mess up their paper and have white fans going in on them (which they will eventually, anyway). Or they can speak out, lose out on paper, contracts, endorsements, and have white fans going in on them.

We can run down a whole list of black athletes who thought they were in good with white fans until the first time they ef'd up. Soft-shoeing gets you nowhere.

sometimes i really wonder what would happen if baby, slim, puff, hov, j prince, master p, mayweather, etc. all got together w some investors and made negro leagues for football and basketball

air it on revolt or stream it live on the net

Forget Vick saying that, his biggest mistake was being another dude giving a platform to Jason Whitlock. He's the white person's favorite type of black person right now, a dude pretending to be the voice of all black people while running them down to a wide audience. Him and others like him are a cancer.

Forget Vick saying that, his biggest mistake was being another dude giving a platform to Jason Whitlock. He's the white person's favorite type of black person right now, a dude pretending to be the voice of all black people while running them down to a wide audience. Him and others like him are a cancer.

his face makes me angry every time a clip of that show comes across my timeline

sometimes i really wonder what would happen if baby, slim, puff, hov, j prince, master p, mayweather, etc. all got together w some investors and made negro leagues for football and basketball

I think the fear is do we really support our own to put their own money at risk. As much as I hate to admit it I understand. Unless A LOT of the major players go to any potential new league it could not happen unless it would give an option to undrafted potential college stars

That guy is the reason I have fists

Problem is the endorsements. Are Nike, UnderArmour, Adidas going to give big money to Tyrone playing for the New York Hustlers of the BNFL (black NFL)? Are the New York Hustlers and other teams going to get billions in TV and ad money? Because that's how these leagues are able to give out max contracts. If not, those 5-star college players are going straight to the normal leagues while the BNFL/BNBA get the undrafted scraps.

Problem is the endorsements. Are Nike, UnderArmour, Adidas going to give big money to Tyrone playing for the New York Hustlers of the BNFL (black NFL)? Are the New York Hustlers and other teams going to get billions in TV and ad money? Because that's how these leagues are able to give out max contracts. If not, those 5-star college players are going straight to the normal leagues while the BNFL/BNBA get the undrafted scraps.

I mean it depends.

When you look at the non-athletes Nike/Adidas/Under Armour works with: Pharrell, Ye, A$AP Rocky just signed to Under Armour, A$AP Bari was w/ Nike at least before his little incident. Sprite stays w/ a rapper in their commercials/cans or some type of rap content campaign going on. They recognize the power of the urban consumer.

IDK it just depends on how it was marketed I guess. If the Hovs, Ye's, Drakes, Puffs, Mayweathers, etc. used their brands correctly, Nike would definitely be interested in doing business because at the end of the day the consumer they're trying to sell to pays attention to these dudes and the culture that they are influential in. Urban culture is it right now. We flip the worth of brands all the time from TIDAL, Effen, Ciroc, etc. But I understand also that an athletic league is a lot different than liquor.

It also depends if the LeBrons, KDs, Stephs would jump ship or stay w/ massa.

It's an interesting idea at the least but there are definitely a lot of kinks that would have to be worked out. With this first generation of rap CEO's approaching old money status in the next couple of decades it's gonna be interesting to see what they attempt to do to change the infrastructure of how things work.

Wow! New York hustlers huh! You sound about as bad as Michael Vick. I bet you think they all walk in the board room speaking Ebonics and eating fried chicken too.

aint nobody taking that kind of paycut to form a black league jay-z etc DO NOT have enough money to run an NBA NFL etc

aint nobody taking that kind of paycut to form a black league jay-z etc DO NOT have enough money to run an NBA NFL etc

between

floyd
puff
hov
p
suge (lol)
jordan
oprah
beyonce
ye
dre
baby
slim
will
spike
denzel
drake
nas
russell
dudes like iovine who would probably be silently involved

basically everyone in that lane of big money blacks

and you got an investor(s) to match

money wouldnt be the issue it would be the unrealisticness of all those ppl being on the same page

between

floyd
puff
hov
p
suge (lol)
jordan
oprah
beyonce
ye
dre
baby
slim
will
spike
denzel
drake
nas
russell
dudes like iovine who would probably be silently involved

basically everyone in that lane of big money blacks

and you got an investor(s) to match

money wouldnt be the issue it would be the unrealisticness of all those ppl being on the same page

money would absolutely be the problem

you're clearly unaware of how much it cost to run an NBA/NFL team let alone a whole league, most of those people couldn't even pay the players for more than a year or 2, let alone stadiums etc

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom