Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope it gets ironed out is probably one of my favorite quotes over the last few years. Makes it seem like it's something small and fixable over the next week. Hue is dead to me.

Brother Sharpe was not playing around today. He was killing Hue, Hahahaha. He was all over his ***.

Rob Parker been on FS1 for a year or two now.

Not even gonna watch that ESPN y'all posted. No thanks

You have no idea how many times I've gone to bat for Hue (football related discussions) since he left Oakland seven years ago. I ****in regret that ish. :smh:

You know what...

I ain't even mad at Dez. Instead of calling one guy out for being vocal about not sitting...why not call out everyone that's still standing for the anthem and hasn't said a word yet? I can't really knock an individual for not taking a stand. There's strength in numbers. There's a little under 1700 players in the NFL. If a just a quarter of players said "we ain't playing" for just ONE game...that would be a MAJOR dent in the NFL's pockets. The damage that can be done will come from entire teams across all major sports taking a stand...and then taking it a step further by trying to start a league. Spike Lee staging the NFL protest is cool...but it'd be cooler for Spike Lee to get Oprah, Bob Johnson, Dr. Dre, etc. in a room and lay the foundation for starting a new league. I can't keep fussing and complaining about how rich white men with plantation mentalities are running THEIR ****. It's THEIR ****...they run it.

Much respect for the guys who have kneeled...but at some point in time we have to move past being enamored with political symbols. We keep hoping these people are suddenly going to up and decide to play fair one day.

Yeah, I been from the beginning other NFL STARS have to get behind it but Dez is out here basically saying "massa Jerry won't like me's sitting down, ya'll get!". C'mon man. He sound crazy.

Man these sports league's really try to break these black athletes. Especially football, it's like a c**n factory.

makes sense coming from that player and that team. AmeriKKKa's team for real

Yeah, I been from the beginning other NFL STARS have to get behind it but Dez is out here basically saying "massa Jerry won't like me's sitting down, ya'll get!". C'mon man. He sound crazy.

Man these sports league's really try to break these black athletes. Especially football, it's like a c**n factory.

I agree...but we're only saying this because he opened his mouth and actually verbalized his take on the matter...when in reality he's not alone in his thinking. It's sensationalism at it's finest. Every time one of these athletes and entertainers give their stance on Kaepernick's situation (or race relations in general), the social commentary surrounding each case becomes more about the individual and the underlying issues get buried under a sea of irrelevant talking points driven by daytime sports media chasing ad revenue...rinse and repeat.

****** sit up and call "this one and that one" ****s and sellouts all day...and then go and support the institutions that these ****s and sellouts WILLINGLY submit to. Dez Bryant a ****...but we still tuning in on Sunday to see if Dez is coming thru for our fantasy teams. ESPN airs a wild flagrant segment of athletes being sold at an auction and we get mad...but we still tune in to catch First Take the next morning and completely ignore the reality that there's not much difference between that skit and an ACTUAL draft.

You said it yourself...it's a **** factory. This one just opened his mouth. I'm not about to look at Dez Bryant any more/less favorable than how I look at the majority of them that I KNOW share his sentiments.

♂️

I'm always gonna watch football and basketball. If you don't like sports or one of those sports it's nothing to stop watching. Unfortunately the people that run these leagues and own the teams are who they are but people ain't gon just shut off sports. And it's a whole lot of stuff that we give our money too that we don't own but that's the way America has been set up.

I'm always gonna watch football and basketball. If you don't like sports or one of those sports it's nothing to stop watching. Unfortunately the people that run these leagues and own the teams are who they are but people ain't gon just shut off sports. And it's a whole lot of stuff that we give our money too that we don't own but that's the way America has been set up.

And if this is so...what's our issue with what Dez said ?

If this is just the way **** is...aren't you validating his stance? He said he got a family to feed...so what's wrong with prioritizing his earning potential over his conscience and integrity since this is "the way America has been set up?" What incentive does the NFL have to give a FLYING **** about what any of us think since we're still going to watch anyway?

Dez won't lose any money for not standing. He just another scared athlete. On top of that it's ways to say it w/o sounding like a house slave. Dude sound crazy, you can agree with that if you want. Dez has shown he ain't the brightest dude in the world so it really ain't a surprise.

And this ain't just a NFL thing. Donald Sterling ain't the only owner that feels like that in the NBA.

I'd like to think Jerry cares more about winning than anything else. If Dez and Dak kneeled, Jerry for sure isn't benching them.

And at the same time, Dez probably isn't the right guy to ask to take a bigger role. Like I can't imagine him getting his point across to where wypipo would reconsider injustices. Not because he isn't smart or hasn't been a black man in America, but because Dez is 28 with a baby sitter.

I'd like to think Jerry cares more about winning than anything else. If Dez and Dak kneeled, Jerry for sure isn't benching them.

I'd like to agree but they are "America's Team" so I'd wager to think they'd get too much backlash to not respond some kind of way

you gotta practice what you preach. you want to get on these athletes for not taking a stand but you still help the good ol boys network with their revenue stream.

the only way to make change is to hit um where it hurts and thats their pockets.

A few black folks boycotting the league ain't making no noise or hurting their pockets. Players threatening to sit out week one will. It's that simple. If college kids at Missouri can do it, NFL players can.

A few black folks boycotting the league ain't making no noise or hurting their pockets. Players threatening to sit out week one will. It's that simple. If college kids at Missouri can do it, NFL players can.
Not true. Black people have a massive impact as consumers, and that should not be underestimated. If last year was any indication, a noticeable dip in ratings is taken very seriously by the NFL. People just don't want to lose their entertainment I guess. :smh:

Chris Long on anthem protest support: 'Time for people that look like me' to step up
The Philadelphia Eagles’ Malcolm Jenkins has been offering his own statement during the pregame playing of the national anthem, raising a fist to protest racial injustice. Teammate Chris Long joined Jenkins on Thursday night, placing a hand on Jenkins’ shoulder. It was a small gesture in the moment, but it could have significant impact on the ongoing anthem debate.
“I think it’s a good time for people that look like me to be here for people that are fighting for equality,” Long said after the game. A graduate of the University of Virginia who considers Charlottesville his home, Long spoke out in no uncertain terms about President Trump’s “both sides” equivocation in the wake of last weekend’s fatal riots.
https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-long-anthem-protest-support-time-people-look-like-step-123338919.html

I'd never thought I'd see a white guy support this ever. The wheels are turning and it's only a matter of time. Thank you Chris Long :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom