Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah I've spent time on the grounds of PWI and HBCU institutions so I definitely dig what you're saying about the difference between North Carolina and North Carolina A & T...but in the alternate timeline where LeBron spends a year at Central before going on to the league, you can bet that a new campus would have popped out of the ground in the past 15 years.

it only takes one with The Juice.

image.jpg

HBCUs gotta upgrade their facilities. Like it’s a great dream to have all the top talent stay black but it’s going to be hard to sway kids on some of these schools with what they have to offer.

It starts with giving to an HBCU and we’d need our alumni and affluent to give back.

The upgrades would come from the $ generated by the sports programs just like all these white schools. But ain't HBCU's owned by white people too? Some of 'em are named after white people.

The upgrades would come from the $ generated by the sports programs just like all these white schools. But ain't HBCU's owned by white people too? Some of 'em are named after white people.

True but let’s say Zion Williamson and 3 other kids commit to an HBCU. The money generated can’t mess with the TV/endorsement/booster money big schools make and will take time trickle down to address the needs of some of these athletic departments.

I’m not an economist or anything important but it’s going to take a hefty donation to get 1 school on track let alone of the others.

I'm sorry but this HBCU discussion just sounds like, "These white controlled schools should not be exploiting those kids.......HBCUs should be the ones exploiting them"

How about be demand health insurance, actual academic support, and stipends for those kids instead of plotting on how to you use their cheap labor to build up athletic programs.

Too many black, white, latino people in this country love football. Period. The NFL and college football are monsters. You'd be better off getting black people to boycott another business or some ****. If you don't watch football anyway it's easy to say "lets boycott it" you ain't boycotting cuz you never watched it anyway.

You still watch the NBA right? You want your entertainment too. How many NBA fans boycotted the league when Donald Sterling said what he said? Or when the Cavs owner wrote that slave master letter about Lebron? Or when Craig Hodges got black balled? Or when Chris Jackson was going through **** with the league? Getting black people to boycott football or basketball ain't realistic. People love these sports and it provides too many opportunities.

Fam...if you want to absolve yourself of any blame by deflecting and reverting back to "well we can't stop watching"...by all means go right ahead.

The fact remains...complaining about discriminatory labor practices and supporting the same institution is clear display of contradiction. Whether it's the NFL or any other corporate entity. You can't refute that.

And again I'll ask...WHAT IS THIS ALL FOR? What's the point of these protests? What are you all hoping for at the end of the day? What is the plan?

I'm sorry but this HBCU discussion just sounds like, "These white controlled schools should not be exploiting those kids.......HBCUs should be the ones exploiting them"

How about be demand health insurance, actual academic support, and stipends for those kids instead of plotting on how to you use their cheap labor to build up athletic programs.

I'm not on the HBCU train either. They're still in the NCAA.

:lol: you ain't wrong, I'm with you.

there's no way these schools should be able to profit so extensively from these kids--gear, video games, recruitment materials, Nike contracts--in return for a place to live and free classes.

one step at a time tho, we're talking about subverting the system in place, your (valid) points are more like trashing the whole deal and starting anew...which does need to happen, but ain't right now.

Was about to say this

one step at a time tho, we're talking about subverting the system in place, your (valid) points are more like trashing the whole deal and starting anew...which does need to happen, but ain't right now.

I agree somewhere but we also have to factor in the reality that college sports in a dirty game. Elite recruits are getting bags and other perks to attend the top programs. HBCUs aren't ever going to compete with the elite programs because they can't match that booster money. There are prestigious programs that are actually falling victim to the same reality. Georgetown for example. Gotta be willing to get your hands dirty to truly excel in college sports. That's a pond the HBCUs can't swim in. It's bigger than just merely getting the recruits.

you seem pretty rational, you don't know your son is half native american?

I agree somewhere but we also have to factor in the reality that college sports in a dirty game. Elite recruits are getting bags and other perks to attend the top programs. HBCUs aren't ever going to compete with the elite programs because they can't match that booster money. There are prestigious programs that are actually falling victim to the same reality. Georgetown for example. Gotta be willing to get your hands dirty to truly excel in college sports. That's a pond the HBCUs can't swim in. It's bigger than just merely getting the recruits.

for sure man, there's always money involved...I suspect that's why a bigger deal isn't made of programs (let's call it what it is) cheating the system by hiring pros. off top, remember people's original beef with Cam Newton? Auburn should have lost a few years of their football program for that but, y'know, money.

I don't mean to imply the solutions are easy or even apparent, but we're the ones with the time and the talent so the onus is on us to figure it out.

Fam...if you want to absolve yourself of any blame by deflecting and reverting back to "well we can't stop watching"...by all means go right ahead.

The fact remains...complaining about discriminatory labor practices and supporting the same institution is clear display of contradiction. Whether it's the NFL or any other corporate entity. You can't refute that.

And again I'll ask...WHAT IS THIS ALL FOR? What's the point of these protests? What are you all hoping for at the end of the day? What is the plan?

I'm not on the HBCU train either. They're still in the NCAA.
I'm not deflecting from nothing cuz I'm not the blame for nothing. I'm telling you this "hey let's stop watching NFL" thing ain't realistic.

Again y'all kept watching the NBA after they blackballed players for doing the same thing Kaep is doing. The point of Kaep not standing was he didnt wanna stand for a hypocritical country and it turned into bringing attention to the racism in this country when he was asked about it and other players joined. He got blackballed, people spoke up about that and there it is. Boycotting was never a plan.

Lebron had a great pressers just now. I just became a favorite of his.....he used his voice to make a change!! Lebron said that if you voted for Trump you made a mistake.

Lebron had a great pressers just now. I just became a favorite of his.....he used his voice to make a change!! Lebron said that if you voted for Trump you made a mistake.

I'm watching now, had to dvr it! They got CP3, Melo and PoP on deck after Bron.

Back
Top Bottom