Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
They are under a CBA, most of the money comes from actions they don't unilaterally take. Hell these **********ers won't even build a stadium without taxpayers footing the bill.

im glad you brought that **** up... local governments who feel da teams are disrespecting da flag are threatening da tax breaks teams in their locales get...so once again, why would da owners want that type of distraction?

With Tax Breaks on the Line, Roger Goodell Re-Discovers His Patriotism
The N.F.L. commissioner has rushed to reassure Trump that he thinks “everyone should stand for the National Anthem.”
BESS LEVIN
OCTOBER 10, 2017 6:10 PM
Roger-Goodell-NFL.jpg

roger-goodell-national-anthem
Cares deeply...about tax breaks.
By Maddie Meyer/Getty Images.

On Tuesday, which marked what felt like Day 1,000,000 of Donald Trump’s feud with the National Football League, the president asked a surprisingly pertinent question on Twitter: “Why is the NFL getting massive tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag, and Country? Change tax law!” For Trump, it was just another day at the office, threatening to use the power of the federal government to sink his enemies. But for Roger Goodell, the N.F.L. commissioner who might be the one person on Earth more reviled than Trump, it was a moment that clearly sent shivers down his spine. While the league gave up its tax-exempt status in 2015—a largely symbolic move that allowed it to stop filing yearly tax forms disclosing the salaries of executives like Goodell—it continues to enjoy a plethora of other tax breaks, like the ones allowing teams to finance stadiums using billions in taxpayer dollars. Its owners also stand to benefit significantly from the call to slash the pass-through tax rate to 25 percent.

Although it seems wildly unlikely that Trump’s forthcoming tax-reform plan will actually crack down on the N.F.L.’s tax breaks, Goodell was not about to leave things to chance. Within hours, the commissioner put out a press release saying, “Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. . . . We want to honor the flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us.” While claiming to “also care deeply” about players and “their opinions and concerns about critical social issues,” Goodell wrote that the N.F.L. “need to move past this controversy” and has “worked to develop a plan” to do so that will presumably involve benching, fining, or, as the president of the United States has demanded, firing the “son of a *****” exercising his right to protest. Said plan will be reviewed at the league’s meeting next week.

This is obviously a huge about-face from Goodell’s comment back in September that the president’s call to fire players taking a knee was “divisive” and “demonstrate[d] an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players.” It was also a departure from the clip the league aired September 24—currently pinned to Goodell’s Twitter timeline!—which called for “unity.” If you’re struggling to account for the change of heart, please try to understand that in the hearts and minds of N.F.L. officials, tax breaks —and the mere suggestion of taking them away— rank a lot higher than things like civil liberties (and degenerative brain disease).

If you would like to receive the Levin Report in your inbox daily, click here to subscribe.

Trump claims Corker feud won’t hurt tax reform, teases secret changes that will make it “very, very popular”

As you may have heard, the Trump administration and the G.O.P. are attempting to overhaul the tax code, a feat that hasn’t been accomplished in more than 30 years because it’s very, very difficult. Making it even harder is the fact that the president is unable to refrain from regularly engaging in petty squabbles, even when they threaten his agenda. The most recent example is his fight with Senator Bob Corker, which began with Trump claiming that Corker “begged” for his endorsement and decided not to run for re-election after failing to secure it, and ended, to date, with him mocking Corker for being short. Because the G.O.P.’s plan to pass a tax bill through reconciliation means it cannot afford to lose the support of more than two Republican senators, Trump’s Twitter tantrum wasn’t just ill-advised because it made him look like a deranged Real Housewife. It was also unwise because it raises the odds of him closing out 2018 with nary a legislative accomplishment. (The fact that Trump’s best Senate bud, Rand Paul, is also unlikely to support any bill that adds to the deficit makes the situation even more perilous.)

Unsurprisingly, given his divorce from reality, Trump believes his feud with Corker poses no obstacle to passing tax reform. Asked by reporters Tuesday if the flamewar could hurt the bill’s prospects, Trump said, “I don’t think so. We’re well on our way. The people of this country want tax cuts. They want lower taxes. People want to see massive tax cuts. I’m giving the largest tax cuts in the history of this country. In addition to that, there’ll be reform.” He added that “we’ll be adjusting [the plan] a little bit over the next few weeks to make it even stronger” but did not detail which parts of the plan Republicans will tweak to take it from widely reviled to “very, very popular.”

Rex Tillerson isn’t the only one who thinks Trump is a moron

. . . Nobel Prize-winning economist Richard Thalerdoes too. Speaking to Bloomberg on Tuesday, the University of Chicago professor said that the president’s “ratio of certitude to knowledge is nearing record highs,” which is economist-speak for I literally put more faith in a plastic bag filled with half-empty bottles of self-tanner than this guy.Discussing the historic stock-market run, Thaler said it makes no sense to him. “We seem to be living in the riskiest moment of our lives, and yet the stock market seems to be napping. I admit to not understanding it. I don’t know about you, but I’m nervous, and it seems like when investors are nervous, they’re prone to being spooked.” Yet, Thaler said, “Nothing seems to spook [this] market,” and if the highs are based on expectations for tax reform, “surely investors should have lost confidence that that was going to happen.”

“The Republican leadership does not seem to be interested in anything remotely bipartisan,” he went on, “and they need unanimity within their caucus, which they don’t have. And the president’s strategy of systematically insulting the votes he needs doesn’t seem to be optimizing anything I can think of, but maybe he’s a deeper thinker than me.”

White House says it’ll have to “agree to disagree” re: Trump having no idea what he’s talking about

“The people of this country want tax cuts, they want lower taxes. We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world,” Trump said Tuesday in the Oval Office. In fact, the U.S. is not the highest-taxed nation in the world by a long shot; in reality, when compared to the several dozen countries tracked by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, it’s somewhere in the middle. But for the Trump administration, facts are about as important as hiring people who are actually qualified for their jobs, which led to this exchangebetween a reporter and White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders:

Trey Yingst: “The president repeated this claim in the Oval Office today, saying we are the highest-taxed nation in the world. Why does the president keep saying this? It’s not true overall.” Sarah Sanders: “We are the highest-taxed—corporate tax in the developed economy. That’s a fact.” T.Y.: “But that’s not what the president said.” S.S.: “That’s what he’s talking about. We are the highest-corporate-taxed country in the developed economies across the globe.” T.Y.: “So that’s accurate. But the president keeps repeating this claim that we are the highest-taxed nation.” S.S.:“We are the highest-taxed corporate nation, that’s—” T.Y.: “That’s not what he said. He said we are the highest-taxed nation in the world.” S.S.: “The highest-taxed corporate nation, that seems pretty consistent to me. Sorry, we’re just going to have to agree to disagree.”

Elsewhere

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/roger-goodell-national-anthem-standing-tax-breaks

no answers here...just a bunch of social justice **** measuring contest :smh: :lol:

da answer is Kaep isn't good enough of a QB to inherent da baggage of a **** show in da form of da media he's gonna bring to a prospective team.

unless ya got something better? :nerd:

And please, no argument needs to me made about what financial gain will an owner get by signing Kaep.

so this conversation is over, cuz clearly ya prefer to naval gaze in social justice theoretical hypotheticals instead of actually understanding what's da incentive for a owner to take on Kaepernick at this point in time...

no one has a right to play in da NFL..he should've just stayed busy in da arena league or CFL.

I addressed you silly arguments. You were so arrogant someone couldn't do it, that now you need to declare the discussion over.

Fine, it is over.

I'm not interested wasting anymore of my my breath on someone's main objective is too play devil's advocate for bigots, downplay injustice, and make excuses for a black person getting screwed over.

Like I said, you are just Blco 2.0

yall gonna give dude a pass for saying protesting police brutality is a clown show?

yall gonna give dude a pass for saying protesting police brutality is a clown show?

da media clown show...are you aware that teams don't want that ****? its not conducive to winning football games...and they don't want da headache.

cross out Tebow's name, insert Kaepernick, and its da same problem as highlighted in this video, arguably even more of a problem when you include da polarization of fans and backlash.

what you trivialize as a clown show is real life experience for people

sorry if black people being shot is a "clown show" for you

Brahs look at this.......

What is the incentive for an owner to be fair to Kaep, someone that broke no rules?

This is really this man's argument. :lol:

Yet he can't see how talking point only strengthens the argument that Kaep is getting screwed over.

If someone has to go above an beyond the norm to get an opportunity everyone else gets, or if those in power demand an incentive or compensation to do what is just, then that proves the system is broken. And the ones with the power within the system are morally bankrupt.

At the end of the day the argument is about basic fairness. Something that is being denied to Colin Kaepernick.

What is the incentive for an owner to be fair to Kaep, someone that broke no rules?

lucky Whitehead got released by da dallas cowboys for being mistaken as a guy who shoplifted...

guess what? "fair" has nothing to do with da NFL...

once again, where's da incentives for owners to sign Kaepernick?

you could argue the intense media attention caused by Kapernick's action makes the worth of these franchises more volatile than ever when they are associated with him in 1 way or another. In that sense, he definitely does wield power. More probably that he would've, had he been signed and constructed with the obtrusive contractual obligations.

Ultimately he set out with a bigger and that is what happened. Yall are arguing around the details of the cause and not the broader picture :lol:.

Last edited:
NFL also supports rapists and murderers. clown shows. wheres da incentive in signing rapists?

NFL also supports rapists and murderers. clown shows. wheres da incentive in signing rapists?

you're making my argument for me..if Kaepernick actually was still in his Superbowl form, they da owners wouldn't of cared if he was distraction..cuz at least he's winning football games... making them Money.

being mediocre and a distraction thou is recipe for unemployment.

you're making my argument for me..if Kaepernick actually was still in his Superbowl form, they da owners wouldn't of cared if he was distraction..cuz at least he's winning football games... making them Money.

being mediocre and a distraction thou is recipe for unemployment.
Cheeseburger and Vick? stop it

Cheeseburger and Vick? stop it

how many rings does Roth got? ok.

vick's career was "rejuvenated" with da eagle..

Eagles' Vick comes full circle with $100M deal
By sistaff
August 29, 2011

Michael Vick's new six-year deal guarantees him at least $40 million.

At least in spurts last season, Michael Vick played like one of the NFL's best quarterbacks. Now, he's going to be paid like one.

Vick agreed to a whopping six-year, $100 million contract with the Eagles on Monday, with $40 million guaranteed. The 31-year-old Vick could now be in Philadelphia through the 2016 season.

He was set to play out this season as the Eagles' designated franchise player, which would have paid him just shy of $16 million for 2011. Instead, he'll earn $16.7 million. Vick eased his way back into the NFL in 2009, seeing limited action with the Eagles. He took over as the starter last season, throwing for 3,018 yards in 12 games and rushing for an additional 676.

It's the latter stat that still makes Vick the dangerous weapon he is. Few players in the NFL, let alone quarterbacks, bring as much athleticism and elusiveness to the table as he does.
But it's also Vick's propensity for trying to make things happen with his feet that could make this a risky deal.

Remember, Vick missed four games in 2010 after suffering a rib cartilage injury against the ********, when he took a hit while scrambling. Taking into account the two seasons he lost due to being incarcerated and Vick hasn't played a full NFL season since 2006 with Atlanta.

Speaking of which, we can officially declare that Vick's NFL career has come full circle. It's sort of incredible to think about, but this is the second $100 million contract that Vick has received. The first came at the end of the 2004 regular season -- Atlanta handed Vick a 10-year, $130 million extension that at the time made him the richest player in the league.

That season ended with a conference title game loss to (oh, the irony!) the Eagles. Vick made it through two more seasons before heading off to jail, an unexpected turn that cost the controversial QB nearly $70 million in base salary from that initial deal. Vick also had to eventually pay back more than $6 million of the bonuses he received on the contract, which totaled $37 million.

But for everything that went wrong while Vick was a member of the Falcons, it feels like the exact opposite has been true since he landed in Philadelphia. He signed with the Eagles just prior to the 2009 season for less than $2 million, with no money guaranteed.

Almost two years to the date, he's topped that contract more than 50 times over.

Say what you will about his previous blunders, but Philadelphia wouldn't have taken a chance on Vick in 2009 and certainly would not have committed this massive contract to him if he wasn't a one-of-a-kind talent. The Eagles even traded away promising QB Kevin Kolb to Arizona this offseason -- then Kolb himself landed a $65 million, six-year deal.

And as much as this contract is a vote of confidence for Vick's on-field impact from Philadelphia, it's also the Eagles' way of saying that they trust Vick off the field as well.

Believe me, Philadelphia would not have thrown this deal Vick's way if the franchise had even one iota of concern about what he was doing away from the gridiron. You may never want to forgive him for the dogfighting charges -- and no one will ever forget that era of Vick's life -- but every step he's taken in the past two years has paid off.

All that said, though, this is a gamble on the Eagles' part. Instead of taking it year to year with Vick and holding Kolb as insurance, they've decided to put all their chips on the table.

It's now up to Vick to stay healthy, stay out of trouble and reward that faith

https://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2011/08/30/michael-vick-eagles-reach-100-million-deal

try again b.

so u mean they signed him after going to jail. therefore not in super bowl shape. but he wasnt a clown show?

interesting.

u get to ask all the questions and make all the rules huh?

try again b

this thread is getting sidetracked man :smh:
i used to enjoy coming into this thread
was so much unity man
people just sharing thoughts
rarely have i seen attacks or arguments
like I've seen in the last 2 weeks
damn shame too
kinda felt like this was a hidden gem of a thread :smh:
welp all good things do come to a end

this thread is getting sidetracked man :smh:
i used to enjoy coming into this thread