Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kaep got exposed cuz film of him determined him to be pretty one dimensional, defenses adjusted and he's been impotent since.

You can't be paying attention to football. :lol:

His last full healthy season in 2015 was a career season in passing and rushing yrds. Last year he threw 16 TD's and 4 INT's in 12 games on a trash team. Again he's still better than 5-7 starters. His play is not why he's unsigned.

Racism isn’t a wall we all hopped over in the 60s. It’s not an object. It’s a belief. You can’t end beliefs, you can only prove they are unreasonable. In the case of racism, benefits come with the belief. Even if you’re black, if you subscribe to the belief system of racism and play your part as a good little colored boy or girl, you get the benefit of second class citizenship. If you’re an unruly negro with the nerve to demand fair treatment, to most people you’re the enemy. The US wasn’t built on fair. So to want fair is anti-American.

Just wanted to type that thought out. Carry on.

His play is not why he is unsigned. However, his play was not well enough to not be a scapegoat for these coward owners.

I still think that is dumb but I can admit that they have that path to walk down because it is there. Again just because its there it doesnt make it right. But how can we make a bunch of cowards make the right decision?

*If Kaep was really balling balling, I would think he would be signed off jump. But I am starting to question if thats even true as polarizing as he has become.* The owners are really cowards man.

it's a fairly fair point...if he was Cam Newton (not the person, just the talent...Monstar Cam) he'd probably be on a team right now, protest and all.

if he was Mike Vick Prime, he'd definitely be on a team right now.

but he's 2017 Colin Kaepernick...so...um...

it's the TO Effect. lot of teams wanted no parts after the Eagles got rid of him, and he was better at his position than CK ever was at his. even kind of the same attitude, "that boy needs to shut his mouth and play."

not giving a total pass, we all know What's Up tho.

I wonder how good would an athlete have to be to get an essentially unlimited platform? do you have to be Actually Michael Jordan?

His play is not why he is unsigned. However, his play was not well enough to not be a scapegoat for these coward owners.

I still think that is dumb but I can admit that they have that path to walk down because it is there. Again just because its there it doesnt make it right. But how can we make a bunch of cowards make the right decision?

*If Kaep was really balling balling, I would think he would be signed off jump. But I am starting to question if thats even true as polarizing as he has become.* The owners are really cowards man.
Pull their sponsorships the way the NBA has theirs pulled by several companies because of Donald Sterling. These guys only care about heir bottom line. Hurt their bottom line and they’ll sing a different tune. This collusion case is really interesting because if it is proved then we’ll see those sponsors terminate agreements left and right.

The owners had a chance to (or several) to nip this in the bud but their “protect the shield” mentality willl be their undoing. First the concussions, now social injustice.

His last full healthy season in 2015 was a career season in passing and rushing yrds. Last year he threw 16 TD's and 4 INT's in 12 games on a trash team. Again he's still better than 5-7 starters. His play is not why he's unsigned.

and yet, nothing has changed since this old SAS monologue.

emphasis on da ownership perspective.

there's not enough plus side in flat out talent/upgrading offensive/etc. to take in such a polarizing figure is what they would say...(fan backlash, distractions, etc)

i still haven't heard a response to that here.

bottom line and they’ll sing a different tune.

da "patriotic Murica'" demographic constituency has been furious at da protests and have been tuning out, and as a result, NFL advertisers has been losing out on less generated revenues because of loss viewership.

as heard on hot 97, on a pure numbers game, if da NFL had to pick one fan base to keep, either da entire "woke" viewership or da folks that buy season tickets, sky boxes, etc. they'd side with da season ticket holders, etc. da revenues ain't even comparable.

His last full healthy season in 2015 was a career season in passing and rushing yrds.

sounds like you're da one not watching football.

hmm.....
2015 season
In 2015, Kaepernick struggled under new head coach Jim Tomsula. A day after a 27–6 collapse at St. Louisin Week 8, Kaepernick lost his starting job to backup Blaine Gabbert for Week 9 against Atlanta.[42] With Gabbert starting as their new quarterback, the 49ers narrowly won 17–16. On November 21, the 49ers announced that Kaepernick would miss the rest of the season because of an injured left shoulder that required surgery.[43] He finished the season with 1,615 yards passing, six passing touchdowns, five interceptions and 256 rushing yards with one rushing touchdown.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

and as far as his overall "falling off da cliff" skill set...

Three years after leading the San Francisco 49ers to Super Bowl XLVII, Colin Kaepernick has been benched in favor of a quarterback with a 5-22 record as an NFL starter.

The 49ers have informed Kaepernick that former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert will start versus the Atlanta Falcons this week, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, via a source informed of the situation.

» 2016 NFL Draft order and needs for every team
Kaepernick faced a locker-room split, per Rapoport. The organization's decision makers stayed with the 2012 breakout star as long as they could, but dysfunction on offense could no longer be ignored.

After insisting just two weeks ago that there was no controversy and "Colin's our quarterback," Jim Tomsula reversed course on Monday, acknowledging that the coaching staff is "evaluating everyone."

Kyle McLorg of Bay Area Sports Guy first reported Kaepernick's benching.

Kaepernick is a clearly regressing quarterback who has struggled not only with the rudimentary passing elements such as accuracy, anticipation and touch, but also with protections, field vision and decision making. His startling lack of field vision and awareness in Week 8 was perhaps the last straw.

This is a stunning fall from grace for a quarterback who was held up by ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski as a future superstar with the skill set to become one of the greatest of all time.

Defenses have since adjusted to the read-option, leaving the hyper-athletic Kaepernick to cope with the metamorphosis from a college spread offense to consistently delivering the ball and running his offense from the pocket.

To the 49ers' credit, they built an escape hatch into Kaepernick's team-friendly long-term contract, allowing them to cut ties without penalty after the 2014 season.

Turning to a quarterback with Gabbert's uninspiring track record is tantamount to throwing in the towel on a lost season after watching 1,000 snaps, 20 Pro Bowlappearances and three respected coaches walk out the door over the past 10 months.

Squarely in rebuilding mode, general manager Trent Baalke will have to decide next offseason if Kaepernick is salvageable or broken beyond repair.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572076/article/niners-bench-colin-kaepernick-blaine-gabbert-to-start

and this was waaaaaaaaaay before any of da sitting down for da anthem, or kneeling.

fellas, if this dude wasn't flat out poor at his QB position, he would've beeeeeeeeen back.

what b?! what?....

im tired of this ish already, this dude was *** as a QB a year before he started protesting and before he went down in 2015 for shoulder surgery.

Colin Kaepernick has been benched in favor of a quarterback with a 5-22 record as an NFL starter.

NFL been da scumbag league for years, everyone knows if that video ain't leak of Ray Rice whoopin his fiancee's *** he would've still been on da league, owners wanna win and sell tickets...so why all of a sudden ya think cuz da league has some sort of moral code that money's protesting is da ONLY reason he's not playing...ish don't wash with me.

where's da consistency?

It’s just the lengths you go to argue a point

cuz when i see blatant incongruity with understanding that folks like Mike Vick who flat out murdered dogs and went to jail still came back and signed a big *** contract tells you how far on a limb owners are willing to climb to secure a undeniable talent. Kaep AINT that guy, then you compound da fact that he's been a HUGE distraction, that teams treat like as a anathema...

Tim Tebow was treated da same way, no one wanted him after da jets cuz it just became a media clown sideshow distraction that wasn't worth da price of admission as far as a dependable QB solution.

Keepernicks play was one of the only positives with the team the last year he was with the Niners.

if his play was anywhere near decent da niners would've of not told him they were planning on cutting him had he not opted out.

To quote Von Miller “there aren’t 64 quarterbacks better than Kaep.” You can slice it whichever you want but dude should be in the league.

Jim Tomsula would’ve found a way to make Aaron Rogers look average if he had a chance

>D

how is da record as da quarterback leading da 49ers "false" ?

if homeboy was booty as da head QB, its a reflection on him whether da team help do him in or naw...
The argument isn't if he should be starting. It's if he should be on a team. You can't tell me he's not one of the top 64 QBs in the world.

With all the mediocrity easily signed in the league at QB, no question he has a job if he didn't protest Injustice. That's basic common sense to any observer. No dancing around need be expanded or entertained.

I think we need to move on from Colin being in the league

He filed that collusion conspiracy against the owners, who actually have the power to sign him
doubt that's gonna happen

Back
Top Bottom