College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Why the !%*! are we all going after the same kids?

And a recruit actually talking about Murrland???
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

And a recruit actually talking about Murrland???
eek.gif
eek.gif

The big schools go after the same kids that what makes the season so good the could, the would, the should and fans like us going crazy.

I know?
laugh.gif

Guess the recruiting on the East Coast is back to the way it should be.

If Maryland gets any kids that those schools are after, it's just because there's no more room at the other schools.

Ever since a report surfaced recently that Brooklyn Lincoln junior Lance Stephenson had cut his list to UCLA, USC and Kansas, not much morehas been heard on the subject.

Yet Lamont Halsey, the AAU coach for Dexter Strickland and a friend of the Stephenson family, says Stephenson's list actually now includes Kansas,Kentucky and UCLA, with USC having been eliminated in the wake of the O.J. Mayo recruiting scandal.

"There were four schools, UCLA, Kansas, Kentucky and USC but USC is out of the mix because of O.J. Mayo," Halsey said Wednesday by phone. "Lanceis going to UCLA for a team camp at the end of next week. He'll take one visit to Kansas and one to Kentucky. They're more or less looking for aprogram with a lot of tradition that's not caught up in any scandal, an institution with a clean slate."

Until I hear something directly from the kid, I'm not really buyin anythin. Kentucky if true, comes outa nowhere with this.

We'll see...wouldn't be upset if he went to any of those 3...all would be a solid choice.

I am surprised UNC isn't/wasn't on him more....thought the kid grew up a Tar Heel fan..their class is set tho
sick.gif

And new clips out on Dashonte Riley....if that kid puts in any work and is motivated at all...he'll be a first round pick down the line. Very, very fluidfor his size.

I would love to see Lance suit up in Lexington and put them back in the midst of the Elite 8. If they could get Lance and keep Pat
eek.gif

Its official....Im taking the trip up to bloomington and trying out for the squad, even though i cant stand them...dont worry if im at the line late in thegame against UK and its close....ill miss on purpose.

Them open tryouts at IU is bout to be PACKED! Dudes who was 2nd team all conference in high school 'bout to have that dream rekindled, word to Rudy.

I am surprised UNC isn't/wasn't on him more....thought the kid grew up a Tar Heel fan..their class is set tho
sick.gif

smh.gif
That's the way Roy is...if there's anything at allquestionable a kid, he doesn't touch him. I think we would of had a good shot with both Stephenson and Wall if he tried, but eh...I can't complainwith the talent he gets.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Them open tryouts at IU is bout to be PACKED! Dudes who was 2nd team all conference in high school 'bout to have that dream rekindled, word to Rudy.

About to transfer to IU and tryout for the team lol.....

Udofia could be a good look for GT and solve their problem at PG...Lets see it they keep him close to home.

It has been pointed out already that Georgia is loaded with top basketball talent in 2009. But most of the talk revolves around the big men in the state. Withtwo top of the top fifty players in the nation, the point guard position is also well represented. One of these is Mfon Udofia, who is the top rated guard inthe state.

Udofia is a left-handed shooting point guard with great quickness.
The four star guard had a great season last year, leading his team to the final four. But he was not satisfied with his performance.

"I had 25 points, 6 assists, and 3 steals per game last year," said Udofia. "I think I played pretty well but we did not win state so my goalsare not met."

The fifth best point guard in the nation has a lot of talent, but his best attributes may not be seen in the stat column.

"I am best at playing defense and being a team leader. Whether it's my summer team or high school, I try to lead whatever team I am on."

He wants to polish his game before taking it to the next level.

"I want to improve my mid range because mostly right now I either shoot the three or take it to the basket."

Udofia is now involved with AAU ball, which has its differences with high school play.

"I play on worldwide renegades right now. While AAU ball seems like we play better talent day in day out, high school ball is more coached andstructured."

The Miller Grove/Renegade star has his favorite, and it's important to him.

"I love AAU ball because I can compare myself to other guards from all over country that I would normally not play," explained the left handed guard."It lets me know where I stand and what I need to work on."

His recruitment is getting very active, as he is amassing offers every week. He actually does not know how many he has right now.

Last time I think I had about 13 offers, like Georgia Tech, Virginia, Miami, Ole Miss, Georgia and Tennessee."

Has the 6-foot2 180-pound combo guard had a chance to visit any schools yet?

"I have been to Georgia Tech, Auburn, and Georgia for a couple of games and I will take some unofficial visits before next season."

He let us know how each school was right here.

Georgia Tech: "Nice atmosphere and close to home."

Auburn: "It was pretty good. Pretty loud for a football school so they must like their basketball team too."

UGA: "Another football school with good fans. They have great facilities. I liked it there."

When will this highly recruited player trim it down and make a decision?

"I will trim in down by end of July to about five and I plan to commit whenever I figure it out," he said.

What does the lucky school need to have to land this star?

"Just the style of play that I blend with and strong academics," is what he is looking for.

There is an established player that some have told him he resembles.

"People compare me to Javarris Crittenton," Udofia stated, but he is not set on going to college for just one year before jumping to the highestlevel of all.

"As long as it takes to get to NBA, I will wait. Don't get me wrong, I want my education. It is a free scholarship and you cannot beat that, but yourultimate goal as a basketball player is to get to the NBA, so if it takes four years, that is fine, if less then that is good too."

I know I'm late on this Bur Hollis Thompson is going to be a monster at G'Town. The Kid looks really good on tape. You can just tell that he is goingto bring something special to the table.

Even at 28 I still have 4 Years of eligibility left, word to:

b6c256846ba7c468634516821562f452536cd42.pjpg

I know I'm late on this Bur Hollis Thompson is going to be a monster at G'Town. The Kid looks really good on tape. You can just tell that he is going to bring something special to the table.
Kid is smooth.
pimp.gif

It appears that Gus Gilchrist is heading to South Florida.

After asking out of his scholarship from Maryland last week, Gilchrist had narrowed his choices down to South Florida, West Virginia and Kentucky.

According to Terrelle Woody, Gilchrist's personal trainer, the 6-foot-9 forward will likely make his decision by the beginning of next week.

roll.gif

[table][tr][td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]No.[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Name[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Ht.[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Wt.[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Pos.[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Yr./Elg.[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Hometown/High School/Last College[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Dumes, Devan[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]6-2[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]195[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Guard[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]JR/JC[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Indianapolis, Ind./Decatur Central/Vincennes[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]4[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Finkelmeier, Brett[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]6-2[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]180[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Guard[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]RS SO/1L[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Carmel, Ind./Carmel[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Jobe, Tijan[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]7-0[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]255[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Center[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]JR/JC[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Banjul, The Gambia/Laurinburg Prep/Olney Central College[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Jones III, Verdell[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]6-4[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]180[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Guard[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]FR/HS[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Champaign, Illinois/Central[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Pritchard, Tom[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]6-8[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]240[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Forward[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]FR/HS[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Westlake, Ohio/St. Edward[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Roth, Matt[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]6-3[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]175[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Guard[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]FR/HS[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Washington, Illinois/Washington Metamora[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]44[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Taber, Kyle[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]6-7[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]226[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Forward[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]RS SR/3L[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Evansville, Ind./Evansville Central[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Williams, Nick[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]6-3[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]185[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Guard[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]FR/HS[/font][/td] [td][font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]Mobile, Alabama/LeFlore[/font][/td] [/tr][/table]

That's it
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...notice only 2 guys returning from last season...and BOTH were originally walk ons
roll.gif

Crean gona feel bad when 'Quette is goin late into March...and he had to deal with this.

maybe University of Detroit Mercy, his hometown. Eli Holman transfered from IU to there and Ray McCallum is UDM's coach. McCallum was the assistant toSampson and recruited Crawford to IU.

Back
Top Bottom