College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Please come to SJU, Lance. We need you word to Krillin screaming for Goku in DBZ
laugh.gif

Basically about the Big 3's plans for next year. I'm not close to the situation or anything but a lot of people are talking about their plans for nextyear.

Why is that big news? None of them had any business declaring anyway except maybe Ty and he @%$@#+ that himself

Good...now they can do as one of the most underachieving group of players when they don't get a title, again

Haven't had internet for the last day but just read the post on IC that claims all 3 are coming back and if so that would be awesome.

However, you never know until all the decisions are officially announced. And with that being said I am going to go take my accounting exam and pray to Godthat all 3 come back!

My hate aside..

They will be clear cut favorites and likely would win it all...

I just don't put a whole lot of faith into that group in the big games.

If they coming back? I hope this a true!
with them back Larry Dru can learn from Ty before he leaves
Ed Davis can take Alex's spot and Tyler can learn from Tyler
THAT TROPHY IS UNC's next year....
Now if they can just do something with the FOOTBALL TEAM
smh.gif

I hope it happens, but nothing is for sure until something official is released. I'm glad Tiger is on, or else I'd be refreshing UNC sites allday
laugh.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
In all seriousness, I think the football team will makesome noise this year. The ACC coastal is pretty weak.

Smith is thinking about prep school and college, but his teammate with the Gauchos, Doron Lamb, doesn't even know where he'll be in September. There has been widespread speculation that the Bishop Loughlin sophomore could end up at Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va.

The Lamb family moved from Manhattan to Laurelton late last year and Lamb was able to commute to and from Loughlin in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn with senior teammate James Johnson, a Laurelton native. Sources say Lamb's mother, Brigitte, doesn't like the idea of her son traveling that far alone.

Lamb admitted that the choice is solely in Brigitte's hands.

"It's my mom's decision," the 6-foot-4 shooting guard said. "Whatever my mom says is what I'll do."

Lamb, one of the most highly sought-after players in the Class of 2010, did say the CHSAA was "one of the best leagues in the country." But he wouldn't let on if he were about to leave it.

He calls Syracuse his "dream school" - he's a huge Carmelo Anthony fan - but St. John's, Syracuse, Georgetown, Duke, Rutgers, Marquette, Xavier and South Carolina are all on his list. Kansas could also join it soon, too.
This kid is goin to be a problem whereva he goes. Dude was named 1st Team All-City as a !#%##!@ Sophomore
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. !#%##!@ Lance just takes up all the NYC spotlight though, soI'm not surprised that this kid is flying under the radar.....

Originally Posted by JND1

I hope it happens, but nothing is for sure until something official is released. I'm glad Tiger is on, or else I'd be refreshing UNC sites all day
laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
In all seriousness, I think the football team will make some noise this year. The ACC coastal is pretty weak.

We have the pieces in place to become a very solid football program. And I love Butch's philosophy on recruiting for speed believing that himself andhis staff can coach them to become talented. I think we can get 8 wins this year and only get better after that.

But so far on IC there have been 3 people with "sources" who are saying it should be a good day for UNC fans.

If this is true and Tiger wins the US Open, today will be a great day.

It'll be a great day for me too. I want UNC at full strength so that when they underachieve and don't win the 'ship, there won't be anyexcuses.

Major news outlets now starting to report that UNC's 3 will be back. With everyone they have coming back plus the people that have coming in they will havea second team of McD's all americans with the only guy in the top 10 not being one being Deon Thompson. THere has not been a collection of talent like thisin a long time in college basketball. Edit to add that also Ginyard is not a Mcd's guy.

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Smith is thinking about prep school and college, but his teammate with the Gauchos, Doron Lamb, doesn't even know where he'll be in September. There has been widespread speculation that the Bishop Loughlin sophomore could end up at Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va.

The Lamb family moved from Manhattan to Laurelton late last year and Lamb was able to commute to and from Loughlin in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn with senior teammate James Johnson, a Laurelton native. Sources say Lamb's mother, Brigitte, doesn't like the idea of her son traveling that far alone.

Lamb admitted that the choice is solely in Brigitte's hands.

"It's my mom's decision," the 6-foot-4 shooting guard said. "Whatever my mom says is what I'll do."

Lamb, one of the most highly sought-after players in the Class of 2010, did say the CHSAA was "one of the best leagues in the country." But he wouldn't let on if he were about to leave it.

He calls Syracuse his "dream school" - he's a huge Carmelo Anthony fan - but St. John's, Syracuse, Georgetown, Duke, Rutgers, Marquette, Xavier and South Carolina are all on his list. Kansas could also join it soon, too.
This kid is goin to be a problem whereva he goes. Dude was named 1st Team All-City as a !#%##!@ Sophomore
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. !#%##!@ Lance just takes up all the NYC spotlight though, so I'm not surprised that this kid is flying under the radar.....

He's not flying under the radar, there's a very high chance that he transfers to Oak Hill.

Budinger to return
[h1]Budinger to return[/h1]
Josh Gershon
GOAZCATS.com Senior Editor

Talk about it in Premium Hoops Suite: Inside McKale
In some of the best news that Arizona has received in months, sources say that Chase Budinger will be returning to the UA for his junior season.

[table][tr][td]
599376.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Icon SMI[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chase Budinger will be back in Tucson for his junior year.[/td] [/tr][/table]Budinger will fax a notification to the NBA, informing the league that he's taking his name out of the draft before today's 2:00pm MST deadline.

That's huge news for Arizona, which is now a legitimate contender in 2008-09, with Budinger leading a talented starting five of Nic Wise, Jordan Hill, Jeff Withey and maybe Brandon Jennings.

Up until the last few days, it didn't seem possible that Budinger would return. He had his mind made up the entire time that he was going pro and there were those close to him that were even more set on that decision than he was.

Over recent days, he has still faced pressure to go pro, but at the end of the day made his own decision, which was helped by the UA coaches - mostly Lute Olson and Mike Dunlap - doing some convincing, as well as the simple fact that Budinger didn't have a promise to be selected in the first round.

Budinger worked out for Golden State on Sunday and Sacramento on Monday morning, which were his last two opportunities to earn himself a promise from an NBA team.

While the Golden State workout was said to have gone well, Budinger still didn't have any guarantee that he would be selected in the first round, making his ultimate decision easier.

Aran Smith, president of NBADraft.net, thinks Budinger made the right decision by returning to Tucson.

"I was surprised by his decision to return, but I think in the long run it will be the best option for him as he will have a chance to shore up the weaknesses in his game and enter the NBA a more prepared player and become a lottery pick," Smith told GOAZCATS.com.

Besides of the lack of a promise, Budinger's decision to pull out makes sense in light of the fact that the 2008 NBA Draft is considered to be the most loaded draft in several years, while the 2009 one is expected to be significantly lighter.

Budinger will also have the ability to earn his way up, as for the first time at UA, he'll be the number one option and clear leader. The Wildcats will seriously rely on him for scoring and leadership and the fate of the team will ultimately fall on his shoulders.

In a significantly weaker Pac-10 next season, Budinger will compete for Pac-10 Player of the Year honors and will be a serious All-American candidate.
Wise
Jennings
Budinger
Hill
Withey

With Lute back at the helm should be an exciting team to watch

Back
Top Bottom