College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by dreClark

BRO has learned that Lance Stephenson, the 6-5 small forward from Brooklyn (NY) Lincoln, the #3-ranked player in the nation for the class of 2009, wants to go as a package to college with his buddy, Renardo Sidney, the 6-9 post from Los Angeles (Calif.) Fairfax, the #2-ranked player in the nation.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

No,*%!#+*@ way.....
smh.gif

I'd be pissed thee %#*% off
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

but I thought I'd put that out there if anybody is checking for these guys decisions

For some odd reason, ain't nobody really checkin'
laugh.gif
Idon't see UNC winning the 'ship next year even though they're the favorite.

I also have some more info on the UConn boys but I'll post it come friday

Lance is the best player in the country IMO....That I have seen film on.....

DAMN this _ needs to come to Durham.....Even though he might only be there for a year....

At least stay for 2.....

I can flip flop between Lance and Sidney but on video just on video I like Henry his jump shot is pure

DAMN this _ needs to come to Durham.....Even though he might only be there for a year....

At least stay for 2.....
I would sooooo appreciate 2yrs from Lance in a Duke jersey :[
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

At least stay for 2.....
I would sooooo appreciate 2yrs from Lance in a Duke jersey :[
pimp.gif

You and me both my dude....

moz-screenshot-5.jpg

[table][tr][td]
22570135_z.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif

^

Just for that, I hope the knicks get the 6th pick and Y'all draft Robin Lopez...

And Lebron goes to play for the Brooklyn Nets....

See it's not a question...He WILL BE a Knick.

So yall can win or get Lance..

I'm just saying...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

"Devin Ebanks: Rutgers is right in the mix with West Virginia, Texas and Memphis for the coveted forward from St. Thomas More (Conn.), whode-committed from Indiana. Some folks in the know believe Rutgers is a slight favorite."

Tyreke announces tomorrow..

Originally Posted by allen3xis

And Cake, you miss the start about your Cuse dudes clubbin at gay bars?
laugh.gif
What is this foolishness you speak of???

oh...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Pooh will be in a Knick uniform before that happens..
smh.gif

davidstern.jpg

and with the 8th pick of the draft....

the New York Knicks Select...

9501.jpg

SASHA KAUN!!!

Doug Wiggins to transfer....maybe ends up at SJU after all???

And since it was on the front page of Rivals
laugh.gif

Bob McClellan
Rivals.com College Basketball Editor

Ever since John Thompson III arrived at Georgetown, Jonathan Wallace and Roy Hibbert have been with him.

Thompson had recruited Wallace to play for him at Princeton, then the coach got a chance to take over the Hoyas in 2004 and the player wanted to come along.Thompson allowed Wallace to walk-on, and Wallace wound up starting every game for the next four years.

Hibbert and Tyler Crawford had been recruited byCraig Esherick, John Thompson Jr.'s longtime assistant who took over the reins from JTIII's legendary father in 1999. Wallace, Hibbert and Crawfordconstituted Thompson III's first recruiting class, and later they were joined by Patrick Ewing Jr. after he transferred from Indiana.
[table][tr][td]
DAJUANSUMMERS250_0414.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DaJuan Summers will is expected to fill a leadership role for Georgetown.[/td] [/tr][/table]
As the coach looks at the 2008-09 season, he realizes a couple of his cornerstones will be gone. The foundation remains firm, but it simply won't be thesame.

"We lose the heart and soul of our team in Jon and Tyler Crawford and Patrick and, of course, Roy," Thompson III told Rivals.com. "Someonewill have to step up and fill that void."

Thompson believes the leadership mantle will fall on forward DaJuan Summers. He started 33 games as a sophomore this season but didn't quite liveup to expectations. Summers slid into Big East MVP Jeff Green's spot - big shoes to fill - and averaged 11.1 points and 5.4 rebounds. He had some moments,but he really seemed to defer to the upperclassmen late in the season. Summers didn't attempt more than nine shots in any of the Hoyas' final sevengames, so even though he shot 47.2 percent during the stretch, he averaged only 9.6 points.

Thompson was quick to defend the young player.

"DaJuan … I think he progressed," Thompson said. "He was injured all of last summer. Literally, he had surgery two days after the seasonended and he wasn't able to play or work out until classes started. He's going to have a very good spring, summer and fall, so we'll go fromthere."

The Hoyas return two other starters in guards JessieSapp (9.7 ppg, team-leading 3.2 apg) and AustinFreeman (9.1 ppg). Freeman, a former five-star prospect, and point guard Chris Wright - who was limited because of injuries - were the linchpins in a freshmanclass that Rivals.com ranked 22nd nationally.

Thompson, though, has continued to recruit as well as anyone. His incoming freshman class is ranked No. 3 overall by Rivals.com, and it includes the topprospect in the class - power forward GregMonroe. If Monroe has the same kind of impact as the past couple of players ranked No. 1 by Rivals - Greg Oden and Michael Beasley - next season is going to be special for the Hoyas.

"Greg is an extremely unselfish player," Thompson said. "He's going to have to mesh what he brings to the table along with the guys wehave coming back. It's a good thing he is unselfish, but it's one thing people think is a negative.

[table][tr][td]HISTORY LESSON[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Georgetown has signed the nation's top prospect, Greg Monroe. Here's a look at the past five players ranked as the top prospect in their class by Rivals.com and how they fared as freshmen:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Name[/td] [td]Class[/td] [td]School[/td] [td]First season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lebron James[/td] [td]2003[/td] [td]None[/td] [td]Straight to NBA,
No. 1 overall pick[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard[/td] [td]2004[/td] [td]None[/td] [td]Straight to NBA,
No. 1 overall pick[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gerald Green[/td] [td]2005[/td] [td]None[/td] [td]Straight to NBA,
No. 18 overall pick[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Greg Oden[/td] [td]2006[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [td]Averaged 15.7 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 3.3 bpg, led Buckeyes to national runner-up finish.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michael Beasley[/td] [td]2007[/td] [td]Kansas State[/td] [td]Averaged 26.2 ppg, 12.4 rpg, led Wildcats to NCAA Tournament[/td] [/tr][/table]

"He throws passes, he makes his teammates better. We need him and our other freshmen to come in and contribute, and we need our returning players toget better."

Monroe, Summers, Freeman, Sapp and Wright make a nice starting five. It will be a group capable of pushing the pace more than Thompson's previousGeorgetown teams - if he so chooses.

"Some young guys will have roles that will be dramatically different," Thompson said. "This team will be different. We'll be able,because of the personnel differences, to do things a little bit differently, and we have to come together and mesh."

They'll have to do it sooner rather than later. It's a mean, ugly world in the Big East: Eight of its 16 teams made Rivals.com's first 2009Preseason Top 25.

"We have a monster league," Thompson said. "It's scary when you look at the depth, quality of players, quality of teams."

Fortunately for Thompson, the Hoyas are capable of doing some of the scaring.

Shame about wiggins, but he was gettin no PT over Walker and Austrie the senior, hope he goes somewhere and starts

Dougie Wiggins can't go to St. Johns now, college basketball prohibits a player to transfer to a team within the same conference as his old school.

I go to uconn, and its sad to see him go, it really wasn't his choice. Calhoun pushed him out, just like he forced Ben Eaves to transfer last year. Itsucks how these egotistical coaches have the power to kick one of their players out of school, take away their scholys and screw up their education. Theyobviously can't and would never say this to the papers, but basically if the coaches decide they don't like you anymore they will do anything andeverything to get you out of the door. I used to play for him and Calhoun makes me sick.

Back
Top Bottom