college kid dunks on LeBron; Nike takes the tapes

Originally Posted by copped

marketing ploy to bring hype for the dunk contest which he said he will be in, maybe dunk over him...and show the footage there....

a dunk contest lebron can't back out because he will look like a wuss....
Umm...no.
roll.gif

Cause I thought I saw the horse twitching.

Real talk, I apologize to you, sorry I jabbed back like that. Peace.

Originally Posted by JStar25

Cause I thought I saw the horse twitching.

Real talk, I apologize to you, sorry I jabbed back like that. Peace.

At least you went out with a joke
laugh.gif
no worries.

My sources back home in Ohio told me it happened.

There were cameras rolling, and the tapes were grabbed shortly after.

It's not every day a college player is invited to the prestigious LeBron James Skills Academy and lays down a dunk on King James himself.

That's exactly what Xavier's Jordan Crawford did Monday in Akron, creating an Internet buzz in the process. Crawford jammed a two-handed dunk over theCleveland Cavaliers forward in a pick-up game at the University of Akron's James A. Rhodes Arena.

"I went around somebody else and he was under the rim waiting for me," said Crawford, a 6-foot-4 sophomore guard.

And what did James do after the dunk?

"I don't think he said anything. I really didn't do anything either, just went back on defense. I really didn't realize what I did until lateron when everyone was talking about it," Crawford said.

• Watch Crawford talk about the dunk on YouTube

Looks like he won't have a chance to review the slam, though, since Nike officials reportedly confiscated tapes from media on site. CBSSports.com columnistGary Parrish wrote that there were at least two cameras shooting the pick-up game and Nike reps allegedly secured the tapes.

Nike released the following statement Wednesday: "Nike has been operating basketball camps for the benefit of young athletes for decades and haslong-standing policies as to what events are open and closed to media coverage," said Nike spokesman Derek Kent. "Unfortunately, for the first timein four years, two journalists did not respect our no videotaping policy at an after-hours pickup game following the LeBron James Skills Academy."

Crawford was invited to the LeBron camp after excelling at the Deron Williams Skills Academy in late June in Dallas. The former Indiana player said the LeBroncamp was "the best camp" he ever attended and that he learned a lot from their drills.

As for the dunk - well, he's just glad people are talking about it.

"More than anything I just hope that it gave me exposure and showed people other parts of my game," Crawford said.

JStar25:
When you contest dunks you are bound to get dunked on.
smh.gif

Can't think of a player that plays Defense that hasn't been dunked on.

I don't really care for the term haters but wow
Nobody cares about him getting dunked on, big guy. That's not what everyone is laughing at and ridiculing him over.

anybody see Darnell Dockett's twitter thing on ESPN? He used the phrase "shaking my head" in reference to this all... NT'er? Am I late?
laugh.gif

ESPN is ODing with this story. Its like they're doing it to set an example and say "this is whats gunna happen if u try to hide things from themedia."

Originally Posted by copped

a dunk contest lebron can't back out because he will look like a wuss....

^good point. forgot about this. Will be really tough for LeTape to jump out the Dunk Contest now. Couldn't imagine the hate if he did.

Originally Posted by r0biiin

From Kobe's Basketball Academy tonight, Kobe accepted the challenge of a one-on-one game with a trash-talking-happy camper.
Earlier in the day, when we were filming the courts with Kobe roaming them watching his campers, the camper told Kobe he'd "need lotion for his feet when he was done." Kobe, beaming at his young camper, responded with, "I've got a long list of people like you." The trash talking continued on in a fun, competitive way; both smiling at each other.

When it was almost time for the one on one game, Kobe told the kid he could shoot for outs and told him he'd better make it or it's game over for him.

Kobe backed him down point after point; telling him he wouldn't take it easy on him as promised earlier in the week when he accepted the camper's challenge.

At the end of it, Kobe won 5-0 and grabbed the mic to ask him what the kid had learned. The courageous camper responded with, "You won't be able to win at Lebron's camp!"

Kobe, laughing, responded back with: "I also won't get dunked on in my own camp."
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

chris broussard was on espn today saying that guys at bron's camp was saying lebron had nothing to do with the tape being confiscated. not that that'sgoing to change anyone's opinions though
grin.gif

Originally Posted by mattg

chris broussard was on espn today saying that guys at bron's camp was saying lebron had nothing to do with the tape being confiscated. not that that's going to change anyone's opinions though
grin.gif
Every report has mentioned that Merritt didn't confiscate the tapes until Lebron approached him...you think that's a lie...or perhaps acoincidence?

man don't delete this fix your title to what it was. really what can nike do? hell ill make a new thread if they wanna threaten me after all theiroverpriced merchandice ive bought they can jump off a cliff.

Back
Top Bottom