College niketalkers chime in....how do you concentrate on your work without being distracted?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by DT43

Dubstep, classical and technical death metal are all I listen to when I study.....its like a drug.
pimp.gif
which side of the skrillex fence are you on? dude is really polarizing the dubstep community these days

Skrillex is one of my fave artists ever, he's genreless imo. The hardcore influences definitely show up in his music which is a bit much for a few.
laugh.gif
BDW I've been listening to this song on repeat for 2 weeks
nerd.gif

Someone please school me on where to find similar music. Like a blog similar to illroots.com or something.

Dubstep, classical and technical death metal are all I listen to when I study.....its like a drug.
pimp.gif
which side of the skrillex fence are you on? dude is really polarizing the dubstep community these days

Skrillex is one of my fave artists ever, he's genreless imo. The hardcore influences definitely show up in his music which is a bit much for a few.
laugh.gif
BDW I've been listening to this song on repeat for 2 weeks
nerd.gif

Someone please school me on where to find similar music. Like a blog similar to illroots.com or something.

Go to the very top floor of your schools library. Leave phone, laptop and ipod locked in your car. Only take your textbook. I cant even take a notebook or pen with me because ill start drawing instead of reading SMH

Go to the very top floor of your schools library. Leave phone, laptop and ipod locked in your car. Only take your textbook. I cant even take a notebook or pen with me because ill start drawing instead of reading SMH

laugh.gif
Yeah it's crazy how he went from the lead singer of FFTL to making crazy +%! dubstep songs. I remember the first song I heard from him was his remix of "The Sadness Will Never End," by Bring Me The Horizon which is a crazy +%! electro beat. A lot of artists are following him now by mixing dub with electro and trance and making it sound so smooth
pimp.gif
Plus he's a sick +%! DJ as well.

laugh.gif
Yeah it's crazy how he went from the lead singer of FFTL to making crazy +%! dubstep songs. I remember the first song I heard from him was his remix of "The Sadness Will Never End," by Bring Me The Horizon which is a crazy +%! electro beat. A lot of artists are following him now by mixing dub with electro and trance and making it sound so smooth
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

One of my boys has the most uncomfortable gay crush on him.
laugh.gif
I've had so many opportunities to see dude but school keeps getting in the way but I can't f%%% wait. If I made music, this is exactly what it would sound like.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

One of my boys has the most uncomfortable gay crush on him.
laugh.gif
I've had so many opportunities to see dude but school keeps getting in the way but I can't f%%% wait. If I made music, this is exactly what it would sound like.

Sometimes I just can't help myself.  It all depends on the material and how it is presented.  

Sometimes I just can't help myself.  It all depends on the material and how it is presented.  

great advice everyone

if i have to get something done like typing a paper on my laptop i'll switch my wifi off unless i need it. i have a wallpaper on my desktop that reads DONT &$^$&*$ PROCRASTINATE, which helps me like crazy being a constant reminder. Just keep the future in mind you'll be good

great advice everyone

if i have to get something done like typing a paper on my laptop i'll switch my wifi off unless i need it. i have a wallpaper on my desktop that reads DONT &$^$&*$ PROCRASTINATE, which helps me like crazy being a constant reminder. Just keep the future in mind you'll be good

I goto like a computer lab and sit at a computer but I dont use it lol. sounds stupid but if im just sitting in a library ima try to take a nap. if im at home ima get on my laptop.
i have a bad problem of concentration, 5 pages is my max then i need a break

I goto like a computer lab and sit at a computer but I dont use it lol. sounds stupid but if im just sitting in a library ima try to take a nap. if im at home ima get on my laptop.
i have a bad problem of concentration, 5 pages is my max then i need a break

I go to the library everyday, well M-F for a few hours, I'm doing summer term. During the school year, I'll go Sunday-Fri. I typical listen to indie rock, alternative, trip hop, instrumentals and some hip hop when I study and do hw, it helps me. Classical music has been shown to help with studying. Instead of adderall, try some coffee and see how that helps. In the events that you are on adderrall and can't come down, take some shots, I've been told that it cancels out the effects. Thinking about the future and making your parents/family proud certainly helps. And also competition, doing better than your friends and fellow classmates.
But some artist I listen to when I do work:
Regina Spektor
Adele
Nujabes
Blu (& Exile)
Beach House
Einar Stray
Toro Y Moi
Metronomy
TV on the Radio
The Beatles
Little Dragon
M.I.A
Florence and The Machine
Beethoven
Mozart
Explosions in the Sky
Animals as Leaders
Feist

I go to the library everyday, well M-F for a few hours, I'm doing summer term. During the school year, I'll go Sunday-Fri. I typical listen to indie rock, alternative, trip hop, instrumentals and some hip hop when I study and do hw, it helps me. Classical music has been shown to help with studying. Instead of adderall, try some coffee and see how that helps. In the events that you are on adderrall and can't come down, take some shots, I've been told that it cancels out the effects. Thinking about the future and making your parents/family proud certainly helps. And also competition, doing better than your friends and fellow classmates.
Regina Spektor
Adele
Nujabes
Blu (& Exile)
Beach House
Einar Stray
Toro Y Moi
Metronomy
TV on the Radio
The Beatles
Little Dragon
M.I.A
Florence and The Machine
Beethoven
Mozart
Explosions in the Sky
Animals as Leaders
Feist

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

The thought of being poor forever.
THIS.

Prioritize bruh. lol There's always a party. You're there for 4 years. You don't have to goto every single one. 

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

The thought of being poor forever.
THIS.

Prioritize bruh. lol There's always a party. You're there for 4 years. You don't have to goto every single one. 

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Regina Spektor
Adele
Nujabes
Blu (& Exile)
Beach House
Einar Stray
Toro Y Moi
Metronomy
TV on the Radio
The Beatles
Little Dragon
M.I.A
Florence and The Machine
Beethoven
Mozart
Explosions in the Sky
Animals as Leaders
Feist
i feel like theres a very good chance you will like Washed Out.. been listening to them a lot lately

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Regina Spektor
Adele
Nujabes
Blu (& Exile)
Beach House
Einar Stray
Toro Y Moi
Metronomy
TV on the Radio
The Beatles
Little Dragon
M.I.A
Florence and The Machine
Beethoven
Mozart
Explosions in the Sky
Animals as Leaders
Feist
i feel like theres a very good chance you will like Washed Out.. been listening to them a lot lately

Cut the reading out how about that? Honestly I stopped reading in college like sophmore year unless it was an extra small class or I was doing a research paper. Senior year I didn't even attempt to buy books

Back
Top Bottom