College students, do you work?

Part time at UPS comin up on 4 years now..as well as a senior in college takin 22 credit hours...yeah..stressful past 2 weeks for me...and the next week andhalf is gonna be worse...

Originally Posted by YuraS718

I'm with you I'm broke as a joke with cc debt piling up high. I had a p/t job than got cut loose due to restaffing in the company. It's hard finding a job right now with the hours I'm going to be in school during this 6 week winter course. Spring semester I'm taking all night classes so hopefully I'll have better luck finding work than. Right now I'm just trying to sell on ebay and the forums here and there to have some cash right now.
you go to kingsborough?

Work 30 hours a week doing pizza delivery

Donate plasma twice a week (takes about 3 hours total and I get $50)

Taking 18 credits right now

And I have an EBT card which is
pimp.gif
but I know I'm working VERY hard,so if the state says I'm eligible for assistance, I'm gonna take it

i'm a R.A. at psu and i just applied for a work study today. looking to make some extra money

I'm a freshman and wait tables. I work about 15 hours a week and make about $200/$300 a week.

yeah i got a job

i work every saturday and sunday for however long i wish. some days i dont even have to show up if i dont feel like it. i usually only work about 5 hours eachday, enough for a tiny bit of disposable income

right now i havent gone to work for the last 3 weeks or so. finals is a %%#%$
smh.gif

Originally Posted by andycrazn

I'm with you I'm broke as a joke with cc debt piling up high. I had a p/t job than got cut loose due to restaffing in the company. It's hard finding a job right now with the hours I'm going to be in school during this 6 week winter course. Spring semester I'm taking all night classes so hopefully I'll have better luck finding work than. Right now I'm just trying to sell on ebay and the forums here and there to have some cash right now.
you go to kingsborough?
Yea, you? Should be out in June as long as I pass my CPE

i tried working and finals.
TOOOO tough, but i respect those who can and maintain a high gpa

you go to kingsborough?
same here. Business major. i took the CPE it wasnt that hard at all but it i did mess up on the first part. hopefully i graduate in june though.

you go to kingsborough?
same here. Business major. i took the CPE it wasnt that hard at all but it i did mess up on the first part. hopefully i graduate in june though.
We probably ran into each other and wouldnt know
laugh.gif
I'ma business major too. In the M bldg most of the day. Funny thing was I realized some1 either from here or ISS I was trying to sell to wound up being in mylaw class

you go to kingsborough?
laugh.gif
I'm a business major too. In the M bldg most of the day. Funny thing was I realized some1 either from here or ISS I was trying to sell to wound up being in my law class
yea. im the dude that always be carrying a duffel bag thing around the M. i be staying in the M most of the time. how was accounting for you? 90percent of people in business have a hard time with it

btw you ever taken dragon lady? i used to piss her off so bad i recorded her on one occasion where she just flipped out on my friend who was trying to defendme

I work 16hrs/week as security at a hotel, word to my Team Latenight sig. It aint much but it helps out. Moms been real supportive knowin I'm tryna finishand throw me some change to help w/ the bills. I'm lookin for another gig but just got this internship so I don't know how that's gon fair w/ myschedule next term tho it should be a light one

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Junior... workin at crappy home depot
smh.gif

I heard HD reimburses you 50% - full tuition? Is that true?

and yes I work..I envy those who dont and are living comfortably. They got more time to study as well.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Junior... workin at crappy home depot
smh.gif

I heard HD reimburses you 50% - full tuition? Is that true?

and yes I work..I envy those who dont and are living comfortably. They got more time to study as well.
does it really have a huge impact on your grades? im trying to find a job and once i do i dont want it to effect my grades.

I go to UCF and I'm a catering manager and bartender. Technically I work for Aramark, which is the company on my paychecks.

you go to kingsborough?
laugh.gif
I'm a business major too. In the M bldg most of the day. Funny thing was I realized some1 either from here or ISS I was trying to sell to wound up being in my law class
yea. im the dude that always be carrying a duffel bag thing around the M. i be staying in the M most of the time. how was accounting for you? 90 percent of people in business have a hard time with it

btw you ever taken dragon lady? i used to piss her off so bad i recorded her on one occasion where she just flipped out on my friend who was trying to defend me
Accounting was easy for me actually. I was thinking of transferring majors but I can't see myself behind a desk dealing with the same numbersall the time. Marketing on the other hand I barley pass Mayerson's tests. I had dragon lady and dropped her class
roll.gif
old hag that she is
laugh.gif

Last year I was putting in about 25 hours a week working and quit my job around Halloween time and since than my grades have picked up so much. Before that Iwas barley focusing on school, was so tired to go to class, something had to change. I'm trying to look for now especially once spring semester comes,worse comes to worse I can go back to where I worked in the summer (unpaid intern) and cross my fingers that gaining more experience opens up new doors for me. I would love to get a job with that company and their trying, but HR is just being gay in not wanting to hire new people, even when 4 people are requesting mesince theirs an overload of work.

Back
Top Bottom