Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

Went to times square foot locker around 3 this afternoon to scoop these. My size 10 was sold out but they had about 4 10.5s left.. I tried them on and thought they looked a little goofy on my foot but looked very very fresh out the box.. So i bit the bullet and bought em anyway cause it seemed the 10.5 was going soon too. Quality is def on point, which I expected.. Leather is nice. But paying that price and not even getting my size is sort of messing with me. I think I might return them tomorrow and go after the French Blue 7s and Oreos, or just fall back off Jordan completely this year. Get other random kicks that I keep passing on because I'd rather purchase Jordans.

lets see how soon these have mid sole cracking then we can talk 
laugh.gif

:lol: i think dudes that want to vent about people talking about the quality can kick rocks.

its the whole REMASTERED garbage a lot of us are commenting on.
My point is that "remastering" shoes even to OG quality wouldn't make them PREMIUM quality shoes. Jordans never were that. Hitting the right shape that everyone is familiar with from the OG is certainly a fair expectation, and using better leather should be too, but materials on OG Jordans largely weren't premium either. It's revisionist logic that I laugh at. Outside of a true luxury release Jordans never were and never will be premium quality shoes.

:lol: i think dudes that want to vent about people talking about the quality can kick rocks.

My point is that "remastering" shoes even to OG quality wouldn't make them PREMIUM quality shoes. Jordans never were that. Hitting the right shape that everyone is familiar with from the OG is certainly a fair expectation, and using better leather should be too, but materials on OG Jordans largely weren't premium either. It's revisionist logic that I laugh at. Outside of a true luxury release Jordans never were and never will be premium quality shoes.

they were PREMIUM compared to what comes out now. Its definitely no argument for that. the OG mold expectations comes from what JB marketed during its announcement and used to justify its price increase.

considering the mold is supposed to be OG on the remastered then i would say they are not identical.
We should probably reserve judgement for an OG colorway. I know, I know, it's unlikely but there's HOPE. That's all we got...
We saw the 1's remastered already and the shape seems very close to the OG. These 4's aren't that far off, but JB never said they would be exactly to 1989 specs. IMO the shape is much better than any IV released after 1999, but I wouldn't expect it to differ much with OG colorways. I could be wrong though, but those green/blue joints look to have the same shape as these to support that this is the shape you'll get on IV's moving forward.

No doubt that it's a marketing gimmick.

Not sure if it's the remastered quality or I just got lucky.   This is the first flawless pair of J's I have bought in a while.  Not even a paint defect on the sole of the shoe (which I feel I always see on 4's).  

Its not just you. My pair is flawless as well. The 95% of peoples pairs posted here are too. Even my $200 Ferraris got a blob of glue on the vent but guess what... its was the higher quality shoe than the one I chose ar NikeDallas or even the second pair I snagged from Eastbay. The bottomline is that these by far have higher quality than any shoe since 2000. I realize some of yall aren't even old enough to remember though. It doesn't justify the increase no doubt.. but at least they are delivering on their commitment

considering the mold is supposed to be OG on the remastered then i would say they are not identical.
We should probably reserve judgement for an OG colorway. I know, I know, it's unlikely but there's HOPE. That's all we got...

honestly, these are cool. not bad or anything. its definitely some improvement but the whole REMASTERED crap is stupid.

we don't need to see an OG. we would probably just need to see a smooth white leather since that been a major issue for years now.

lets see how soon these have mid sole cracking then we can talk :lol:

I'm anxious too see if they crack as well. this is the same type of hard glossy paint used on silver anniversary 3s from 2009 so it shouldn't crack too easily

Last edited:

they were PREMIUM compared to what comes out now. Its definitely no argument for that. the OG mold expectations comes from what JB marketed during its announcement and used to justify its price increase.
People twist words from interviews to make it sound like JB promised they were using the OG molds (which would be tough to do even if they did use the exact mold from '89). What they said is that they went back to the OG molds and tried to create a 2015 shoe that was much closer to the originals. They never said it would be new shoes from those exact molds. We've had this very shape presented to us for how many months now? Everyone knew it wasn't EXACTLY the OG shape. Now it's a surprise? What a joke!

Last edited:
trappedintime trappedintime - they can make the OG molds if they want to. a multi billion dollar company can do it easily. its not a surprise but a discussion.
the materials used... thats being discussed so much right now because its NOW that people are getting their hands on them. the material used SHOULD be MUCH better for $200.

People twist words from interviews to make it sound like JB promised they were using the OG molds (which would be tough to do even if they did use the exact mold from '89). What they said is that they went back to the OG molds and tried to create a 2015 shoe that was much closer to the originals. They never said it would be new shoes from those exact molds. We've had this very shape presented to us for how many months now? Everyone knew it wasn't EXACTLY the OG shape. Now it's a surprise? What a joke!
Is nike/jb paying you?

In case people are still looking for Men sizes, HS still has sizes 9US - 12US

Just throwing that out there[emoji]128077[/emoji]
try checking out...they're SOLD OUT.

Gonna check some WSS and a mall or 2 since FNL doesn't like money....kinda jittery now cause I do want them.

How did yall do online?
i tried to add a sz.10 to cart on champs as soon as they went up for sell 30 sec. later it said they were sold out & soon after on about every other major retail site i also struck out.i said to myself i'll call my local spot for the hell of it just to see if they have any left and to my surprise they said they have most sizes available this is a hr. after official release time & now i'm think to myself this is online or bust for me i'm busy & i can't just up & leave so i think to myself again when ever i get out the house when i'm running errands i'll stop by the spot & see if they still have my size.so i just left my spot about 30 min ago and got my sz. and they had alot of sizes still left & they even let me try them on before i bought them , the first pair had a very minor nit picky glue stain flaw nothing that would make me pass so i asked if they had any other pairs if he didn't mind would he bring me out another pair instead he said he didn't mind (is this real life).Quality on these are a major upgrade is it worth the price hike?it's very debatable we should've been getting this quality without a price hike.are these shoes flawless?no but like i said the flaws are very minor/nit picky.probably the easiest pick up i've had in over 5 years.

trappedintime trappedintime - they can make the OG molds if they want to. a multi billion dollar company can do it easily. its not a surprise but a discussion.
the materials used... thats being discussed so much right now because its NOW that people are getting their hands on them. the material used SHOULD be MUCH better for $200.
The price you pay today has nothing to do with materials just as in 1990 the prices were not based on materials used either. Jordans have always been overpriced.

As far as using OG molds go, I don't think anyone here can say with any authority what is or isn't possible 25-30 years later. I am highly suspicious a 1989 mold is usable in 2014-2015 without making a new one based on the old one. The idea that a 25 year mold hasn't deformed in some way just isn't something I can believe.

Price increases have been used by Nike/JB for a number of reasons, namely them gaining control of distribution to the end consumer back in their favor. Improved quality - which I firmly believe this pair delivers over any IV in 14 years - is welcomed regardless of whether the shoe uses a 25 year old mold or not.

Last edited:

Is nike/jb paying you?

thats how i feel.

Walked into City Gear this afternoon to take  a look at these.  The quality is on point with these.  JB should have been doing this instead of giving us crap for so many years.

I'm sure there are some flaws, but the leather quality is nice.  I plan to pick up the 7s later this month.  Only making 3 remastered purchases this year.

Nah I'm just smart enough to not over exaggerate in my own head or create expectations by twisting the words the company used to describe this. This shoe aligns with what I expected, and what I've seen for 7+ months. To complain about the shape now just defies logic. I got what I saw in photos. Did anyone else not??

Back
Top Bottom