Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

try checking out...they're SOLD OUT.

Gonna check some WSS and a mall or 2 since FNL doesn't like money....kinda jittery now cause I do want them.
Hmm. I was able to checkout for a size 9. I guess I'll see if I get an order confirmation or not :stoneface:

People twist words from interviews to make it sound like JB promised they were using the OG molds (which would be tough to do even if they did use the exact mold from '89). What they said is that they went back to the OG molds and tried to create a 2015 shoe that was much closer to the originals. They never said it would be new shoes from those exact molds. We've had this very shape presented to us for how many months now? Everyone knew it wasn't EXACTLY the OG shape. Now it's a surprise? What a joke!
Don't they destroy the molds after production anyways? So what sense does it make to spend all the time to get the OG shape just to destroy it again. 

Although we should've been receiving better quality with previous price increases, at least we can notice differences this time around. I'd rather spend an extra $20 if it means a bit better quality. Seems like a better deal than a $50 increase for a NA on the back of an AJ3. But that's just me. 

Nah I'm just smart enough to not over exaggerate in my own head or create expectations by twisting the words the company used to describe this. This shoe aligns with what I expected, and what I've seen for 7+ months. To complain about the shape now just defies logic. I got what I saw in photos. Did anyone else not??
To play devils advocate, since you're using logic as a defense.

If a smart man buys $200 jordans, does that make a man buying $200 jordans smart?

Nah I'm just smart enough to not over exaggerate in my own head or create expectations by twisting the words the company used to describe this. This shoe aligns with what I expected, and what I've seen for 7+ months. To complain about the shape now just defies logic. I got what I saw in photos. Did anyone else not??
To play devils advocate, since you're using logic as a defense.

If a smart man buys $200 jordans, does that make a man buying $200 jordans smart?
Has nothing to do with the purchase, has to do with complaining about your purchase because it isn't what you wanted, even though the company wasn't deceitful about what they were giving you.

I'm much happier with this purchase than shelling out $175 for some cheap Grape V or Infrared VI leather. I never had expectations these would match the OG's, and as someone who owned plenty of OG's I never held them in such high regard because of the materials used. Poor quality control and trying to take customers for as much as they can has always been Nike. To expect it to ever change is foolish.

Let's talk real business for a second. JB said they had to change their manufacturering process... meaning new machinery and possibly new facilities. They won't but they Could possibly revert back the prices once they get their return on investment ROI

Niketown, JD Sports and Footlocker, all gone.

Thought it'll be like the cements which were easy.

Salesrep tried to get me to buy the IX's instead. :smh:

Has nothing to do with the purchase, has to do with complaining about your purchase because it isn't what you wanted, even though the company wasn't deceitful about what they were giving you.

I'm much happier with this purchase than shelling out $175 for some cheap Grape V or Infrared VI leather. I never had expectations these would match the OG's, and as someone who owned plenty of OG's I never held them in such high regard because of the materials used. Poor quality control and trying to take customers for as much as they can has always been Nike. To expect it to ever change is foolish.

Complaining in general defies logic. People are still going to cop no matter the price or shape.

I'm ashamed @trappedintime  is from L.A.

By your logic...if an architect draws up a home and upon completion, everything looks like the og drawing, and I'm not allowed to complain, at all, even if I discover inconsistencies with the final product?

You'd think JB is paying/seeding you guys for the amount slurping going on in here.

You can complain about a product you purchase...doesn't mean you shouldn't have bought it, just means you've paid to say whatever you want about said product.

Last edited:

my taxi 12's leather is just like these for all u remaster folk 
French blue 12s have great leather and were $135 back then. 

Charging $200 in the name of a remaster is the problem.

You're just using materials you shouldve been using since the get.

stop wasting your time, an iPhone 6 can shoot better than most DSLR!

lol try shooting a wedding with your iPhone and see what kind of reactions you'll get.

The rebel T5i kills the iphone 6 and the t5i is a beginners camera.

Agreed.  Nike is a marketing/retail genius, though.  Similar to Apple, people scream for certain features within a specific product and don't get them...Until 2 releases later.  Apple, with their iphone , knew that people wanted a better camera but didn't upgrade on the 5...Why? because they knew people would by the 5S, 6, 6+, etc...   Nike can take these exact same shoes a year later, throw a Nike Air symbol on the back and hawk them off to us for $250/pair.

I know I went off on a bit of a tangent... Gist is, Nike knows what there doing.

Last edited:

Yessir.. **** my fire red 3's leather look the same as these 

I'm ashamed @trappedintime
 is from L.A.

By your logic...if an architect draws up a home and upon completion, everything looks like the og drawing, and I'm not allowed to complain, at all, even if I discover inconsistencies with the final product?

You'd think JB is paying/seeding you guys for the amount slurping going on in here.

You can complain about a product you purchase...doesn't mean you shouldn't have bought it, just means you've paid to say whatever you want about said product.

And by your logic, you continue to support a product and company where you don't like what you bought. And you continue paying more to get that product. Way to take a stand. So you aren't happy with the quality, but give Nike no reason to change it.

Slurping? Coming from the guy who doesn't like what he bought, but buys it anyway?

Instead of wanting Nike to change, maybe you need to look in the mirror.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

And by your logic, you continue to support a product and company where you don't like what you bought. And you continue paying more to get that product. Way to take a stand. So you aren't happy with the quality, but give Nike no reason to change it.

Slurping? Coming from the guy who doesn't like what he bought, but buys it anyway?

Instead of wanting Nike to change, maybe you need to look in the mirror.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
You have no place to talk with your..."If you didn't watch MJ play, you shouldn't buy Jordans"

We have a right to complain.

Mexican food makes you barf at restaurant B...does that mean you swear off all Mexican food? No.

Most of us are complaining about the mirrors game Nike played with the remastered marketing.

But, you're old, and it's late so I know how we can get at our age, so I'm gonna let this one slide.

We're still friends.

Back
Top Bottom