COMING 2 AMERICA PART 2 IN THE WORKS

Anyone can be cancelled.

Ex: Let Chappelle say one thing about Jews...just one, and its back to Africa for Dave.

ADL aint no joke.

These days you dont even really have to do anything at all TBH...

pretty lame to be using a weaponinzed talking point of right wing *******s ("cancel culture") to describe what happens when someone receives their just repercussions after they spout off nonsense

there is no such thing as "cancel culture." there is such a thing as desperately trying to avoid reponsibility for one's words and actions and blaming the other side for it.

Last edited:
I went in with absolutely no expectations and was decently entertained. Honestly its the callbacks that keep the movie afloat with some cheap laughs. The minute you take a deep dive, the movie falls apart which is why I just kept my thought process on auto pilot :lol:

It's a watch it once, forget about it type of thing.

Beverly Hills cop 1 and 2, coming to America, trading places and boomerang

need to rewatch 48 hours

Last edited:
pretty lame to be using a weaponinzed talking point of right wing *******s ("cancel culture") to describe what happens when someone receives their just repercussions after they spout off nonsense

there is no such thing as "cancel culture." there is such a thing as desperately trying to avoid reponsibility for one's words and actions and blaming the other side for it.
I'm still wondering when the collective will realize "cancel culture" is another white supremacist tool meaning "shut up anyone not me" like "I STAND" or "race card". There's valid nuance to each incident, but it's rarely the case when evoked.

Everyone that says C2A was good, follows that with, won't watch it again. Soooooooooo it wasn't good, you just enjoyed seeing everyone together. As did I but it was still a bad movie.

Dolomite wasn't good either. Won't watch either of those movies again.

YUP

my girl watches the bachelor.. so I got the minimum of what was happening through a couple ringer podcasts AND then seeing how it blew up went and listened and looked up more stuff

and the shh is so damn odd to me

a white girl from Georgia did racist shh.. a 50 year old white man from texas in trying to defend her, is quick to reference a white girl from Alabama throwing around the N word

without even factoring in that the 50 year old white man from texas was speaking to a black woman.. how the hell your defense for one white girl from a historically notoriously racist place going be another white girl from another notoriously racist place

No such thing?

Word?

So Pepe Le'Pew is "desperately trying to avoid responsibility for one's words and actions and blaming the other side for it"?

Pepe Le'Pew is "Right Wing"?

Interesting.

No such thing?

Word?

So Pepe Le'Pew is "desperately trying to avoid responsibility for one's words and actions and blaming the other side for it"?

Interesting.
Pepe is a cartoon and isn't real.

Pepe wasn't cancelled either. Somebody leaked information about a scene that was never animated and was pulled by WB before this even leaked.

Strange you use a fictional character as your example for cancel culture existing and not the writers or creators who haven't received any backlash.

No such thing?

Word?

Interesting.

a private company decided to do something with something they own

they realize that they aren’t trapped by actions taken decades ago

however the right wing media and politicians seem oddly attached to certain things all of a sudden

the hyprocrisy of it all is exemplified in this:

Pepe is a cartoon and isn't real.

Pepe wasn't cancelled either. Somebody leaked information about a scene that was never animated and was pulled by WB before this even leaked.

Strange you use a fictional character as your example for cancel culture existing and not the writers or creators who haven't received any backlash.

Beg Pardon?

Upon learning that her scene with Pepe was cut, Santo was upset according to her spokesperson. The actress-singer has been a victim of sexual harassment and has spoken out against it; even recording a debut single “Você Você” back in February 2018 with multi- Grammy-winning producer Humberto Gatica to empower women to stand up to sexual predators and sexual harassment. Santo even has a non-profit, Glam with Greice, which aims to empower victims of domestic violence to change their lives for the better. Santo took joy in shooting the Space Jam sequel scene with Pepe, because the skunk finally gets his comeuppance.

A spokesperson for Santo tells Deadline today, “This was such a big deal for Greice to be in this movie. Even though Pepe is a cartoon character, if anyone was going to slap a sexual harasser like him, Greice wished it would be her. Now the scene is cut, and she doesn’t have that power to influence the world through younger generations who’ll be watching Space Jam 2, to let younger girls and younger boys know that Pepe’s behavior is unacceptable.”

Warner Bros has encountered problems before in recent years over Looney Tunes‘ politically incorrect characters. Last June, the old Looney Tunes streaming on HBO Max banned Elmer Fudd from using a gun, given the modification in response to US gun violence.

When reached, Warner Bros. did not provide comment on Pepe’s elimination for Space Jam: A New Legacy. James is a producer on the sequel alongside Ryan Coogler, Duncan Henderson, and Maverick Carter.

Life has it's career disappointments, you don't always get what you want, especially if you act, scenes you like will get cut. Doesn't take her experience away, and she will have opportunities to advocate outside of an outdated cartoon.

a private company decided to do something with something they own

they realize that they aren’t trapped by actions taken decades ago

however the right wing media and politicians seem oddly attached to certain things all of a sudden

the hyprocrisy of it all is exemplified in this:

BRUH. Republicans been on this wave for decades. All in the game of politics.

They wanted to cancel French Fries and call them Freedom Fries for crying out loud.

IJS the claim was made that "cancel culture doesn't exist".

Clearly that's not the case.

Doesn't matter which "side" uses it...its BS because it never actually addresses any issue.

Life has it's career disappointments, you don't always get what you want, especially if you act, scenes you like will get cut. Doesn't take her experience away, and she will have opportunities to advocate outside of an outdated cartoon.

The claim was made that Pepe Le'Pew wasn't cancelled.

Clearly that claim is false so I provided the facts.

The claim was made that Pepe Le'Pew wasn't cancelled.

Clearly that claim is false so I provided the facts.
You didn't though, the scene wasn't even animated and scrapped a year ago, how does that pertain to the current "cancel"? It doesn't even exist.

BRUH. Republicans been on this wave for decades. All in the game of politics.

They wanted to cancel French Fries and call them Freedom Fries for crying out loud.

IJS the claim was made that "cancel culture doesn't exist".

Clearly that's not the case.

Doesn't matter which "side" uses it...its BS because it never actually addresses any issue.

I mean it does address an issue, it ain’t going be a grand solution to the problem

but you’re correcting something that was wrong and allowed to go on, like the Washington football team name

or justifiable roasting someone for saying something racist, like the papa John’s guy

or with dr Seuss, the family/estate realizing they shouldnt continue to publish those 6 books

I mean it does address an issue, it ain’t going be a grand solution to the problem

but you’re correcting something that was wrong and allowed to go on, like the Washington football team name

or justifiable roasting someone for saying something racist, like the papa John’s guy

or with dr Seuss, the family/estate realizing they shouldnt continue to publish those 6 books

I'm not "correcting" anything at all.

I'll try to explain my position because there seems to be some confusion here.

What I'm talking about when I say "cancel culture" is actually feigned indignation.

"Feigned indignation" clarifies that the offended individual is only making a show of being offended, and doesn't truly feel hurt.

This is where it differs from "took umbrage" which connotes that the individual actually had those feelings, and isn't just pretending.

Feigned means pretend or fictitious. Indignation means strong displeasure at something considered unjust, offensive, or insulting.

What you're talking about is taking umbrage.

The two are not the same thing at all.

You're talking about actual issues.

I'm talking about President Obama's tan suit and Freedom Fries.

Back
Top Bottom