COMING 2 AMERICA PART 2 IN THE WORKS

Someone has the nerves to say Vampire in Brooklyn is funnier... :smh:

Got me questioning some of y’all humor sense.

Glad that he wants to do stand-up, can’t wait!

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/eddie-murphy-looks-back-****ty-movies-leading-to-acting-hiatus

BFF773E4-8A5A-4BE1-82F6-2BE47B77E16C.png
8DB0FDE6-8A0B-48BD-AF70-2E36F459CD01.png

Holy Man :sick:

I just read there was a cameo planned for Darryl.

“I’m sorry that Eriq didn’t want to take part in the sequel, because we had a plan for him,” the film’s co-writer David Sheffield tells Rolling Stone. “We wanted to do a new commercial that would be seen in the background somewhere in a scene, and it was gonna be called ‘Soul Gro.’ The joke was going to be that Eriq is now selling a baldness cure and he was also a customer. The ad called for Eriq to be bald and for hair to sprout out of his head magically.”

“Soul Gro was going to be a commercial that was on TV that the Junsons were watching,” adds director Craig Brewer. “It was just going to be a very quick joke where Darryl would come out and he would have his curly wig, but then he would take it off and he would be bald. It’d be like a ‘Do you remember me?’ kind of thing and then he would use Soul Gro to make his hair grow. But it didn’t work out.”

Came in fully expecting something as awful as House Party Tonight’s The Night but glad I watched it myself instead of listening to a good portion of Twitter. Had some cringed stuff here and there (mostly those two rapping spots with Akeem’s son), but outside of that it was enjoyable. Cool to see they basically had everybody in it they cause realistically have (where was Lisa’s sister though?). He some good callbacks and such. Not mad at it. Probably wouldn’t watch it again unless it was already on and 30 minutes in. Glad this was more along the lines of the recent Shaft update instead of the most recent House Party or Independence Day Resurgence. Pretty outstanding women too.
Harlem Nights is not good.
Another reason to have negs on here

The only movie I liked on here was Vampire In Brooklyn, and Beverley Hills Cop 3 is a least watchable, but good lord what a wave of bad movies. I think the only other comic that rivals Eddie with a chunk of bad movies like this is Adam Sandler.

YOU wilding posting this. The critics got it completely wrong w/ Vampire in Brooklyn. There is actually a revisit on how they completely missed the ball on this. It’s a lot of “cultural” criticsim with black art in the 80s, 90s and Early 00s that needs a re-look review. Because the way they reviewed **** was f’d up. Even movies like the Friday series got bad reviews etc. Cultural differences. On the other hand...I hate the pandering from white media NOW, with average to below average films filled with black actors production. Some Jordan Peele films and etc fall into this.

0A77E28C-72AC-425B-B5C9-6873F8504539.png

Came in fully expecting something as awful as House Party Tonight’s The Night but glad I watched it myself instead of listening to a good portion of Twitter. Had some cringed stuff here and there (mostly those two rapping spots with Akeem’s son), but outside of that it was enjoyable. Cool to see they basically had everybody in it they cause realistically have (where was Lisa’s sister though?). He some good callbacks and such. Not mad at it. Probably wouldn’t watch it again unless it was already on and 30 minutes in. Glad this was more along the lines of the recent Shaft update instead of the most recent House Party or Independence Day Resurgence. Pretty outstanding women too.

Another reason to have negs on here

But we are in agreement about C2A.

It was 2 hours of people coming to kick it.

I enjoyed it.

Won't watch again.

YOU wilding posting this. The critics got it completely wrong w/ Vampire in Brooklyn. There is actually a revisit on how they completely missed the ball on this. It’s a lot of “cultural” criticsim with black art in the 80s, 90s and Early 00s that needs a re-look review. Because the way they reviewed **** was f’d up. Even movies like the Friday series got bad reviews etc. Cultural differences. On the other hand...I hate the pandering from white media NOW, with average to below average films filled with black actors production. Some Jordan Peele films and etc fall into this.

0A77E28C-72AC-425B-B5C9-6873F8504539.png

Vampire in Brooklyn was not funny.

Back
Top Bottom