Common sponsored by JB?

THis video has carmelo, numerous refernces to JB as well as TO. Any one have info. I know Common's chicago roots may have to do with this, but what is thestory behind this? COMMON-BE

Nah, he's not sponsored, he just did a collaboration using his song. "G" did mention in a recent video that JB did designs or collaborations withNelly, Fat Joe, and were expanding to doing skateboarding and looked into signing Stevie Wiliams on a side note

When I saw this video for the first time, I was wonderin' the same thing...

What kix are they doing for these artists?

SKATEBOARDING?!?!?!,JORDAN SBs?!? Please no.

Originally Posted by gime2purr

What kix are they doing for these artists?

SKATEBOARDING?!?!?!,JORDAN SBs?!? Please no.

I've already seen Danny Supa skatin' the New Love's on several occasions and it looks like they hold up pretty well...

common was a ball boy for the chicago bulls when he was a kid and became friends with MJ later on....and no they are not intending to sign stevie williams theyused him for input on the skating tip...

Great video. It's basically a commercial for Jordan Brand. Loved it since the first time I saw it, and yeah, it's several years old. Great song, greatvideo.

Yea, vids been around. But last year Common signed to do some endorsement for Converse's 100th anniversary.

Converse Jordan's are next because Nike owns all that.
laugh.gif

Probably the best intro to a hip-hop song of all time (bass guitar, keyboard, piano, horns and strings combined perfectly)

This song is waaay old, but I still bump it on the regular. It's from his album BE, there is no story in particular, just a cool song JB decided to use.It's never really been used as a commercial. It is actually a video with the JB athletes in it. The only time I've seen it was on BET's countdownon 106 and Park.....

Yeah, I'm a long time Common fan but that was pretty shameless. Granted music videos are nothing but commercials for albums to begin with, but it's aslippery slope when we're talking about the integrity of one's art. He does a lot of commercials, but to convert your music video into an ad is prettytacky. They practically drew a jumpman on his forehead in that video. You don't go a quarter of a second without a jordan logo on screen.

Sharp eyed readers will remember the accompanying photoshoot for the print ads included those now infamous fake white/blue IIIs.

Common's had ties with Jordan brand for awhile now. He thanked Erin Patton of Jordan brand in the liner notes for Like Water for Chocolate. They modifiedsome AJ XIV leather jackets for his tour that year.

You know, those were JumpmanSt's AJ 1s they used in that video, by the way.

that music video was shortened as a commerical to begin with, then when da song became a single, was released in its original form.

Back
Top Bottom