Comp Tia Certification (A+) ?

solewoman

Staff member
Has anyone taken it?
What was it like?
Current job?

Anything would help thanx.

I actually went to school for this. well not JUST the A+, but the N+, MCSE, MCSA, & Cisco.

feel like shooting myself during class.

laugh.gif
I know it man. I gave up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EmAych417

I actually went to school for this. well not JUST the A+, but the N+, MCSE, MCSA, & Cisco.

so what do you do now.

im about to take the exam. my job is paying for it.

but i just want to know the benefits if any...
a lot of ppl are talking about how obselete it really is now.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by EmAych417

so what do you do now.

im about to take the exam. my job is paying for it.

but i just want to know the benefits if any...
a lot of ppl are talking about how obselete it really is now.
I work at foot locker actually cause I still haven't taken the exams
smh.gif
. I went through all the classes but I haven't taken the exams yet. butI plan on getting certified by the end of year.

Where are you taking classes about this and where do you work?

The A+ is not obsolete as its been redesigned... Basically the A+ is the starter or baseline if you are looking to be employed for a computer place as atechnician... If you are a programmer... its probably a waste for them. A lot of people are always saying the A + is so easy and didnt study for it and stufflike that. Ive been building PC's since like middle school, Employed doing that stuff in high school and Ive never taken the exam. My logic was why take atest to get a job doing.... what i already do lol. Now since then my decision has actually bit me in the **%# since i moved to a different state, my currentjob they want me to get the A + but they arent coming upfront with money so im dragging my feet.

I work at Unisys as a dispatch Technician @ the Eli Lilly Company basically I fix broken computers. I actually just took the job because its at Eli Lilly Itook a pay cut... The pay i get now is 11.50 an hour. The hours 7-4, 7:30 - 4:30. At this place that I am, from speaking with others in my department therange in pay is 15-20+ an hour for the Remote Tech Guys aka Tier 2 desktop support... which is where im headed. Im in Indianapolis and the tech jobs arekinda slim here but other areas the pay is kinda close or better and they have more job opportunities.

A+ and the network + are pretty much starter certs. If you are look for money perks get a CCNA or the other Cisco certs.. It pays pretty well from what ivenoticed. Other spots in IT, like being an Oracle DB pays great ive been told. My teacher he was a programmer and was making 90$ an hour working at nasa as acontractor... Thats crazy money
happy.gif

im tryin to get a job being a comp. help desk position...and i was wondering if so can give me sum insight on going about getting 1...i dont have anyexperience in the feild working with computers other than a telemarketer position which i held back when i was in highschool in the 9th grade...which is prollythe reason i havent got called back..any help would b greatly appreciated

got it in hs, i went to a technical hs, i dont even know where that damn diploma is, didnt work for anything lol...or was it C+ i got...iono

sais do u got yours certf.? jsu wonderin since u speakin on it..and if so seein how is the money and so forth

bump this positive thread seriously Im a junior in highschool and im looking to take my A+ in the summer sometime. Im looking for guidance into what certs Ishould look into getting.

I got my CCNA and two tests away from CCVP which is Voice Professional which is where the boom is going. I'm within a healthy section of the CCNA salary.Its worth it

There was an A+ Class back in my high school... I never paid attention though,

I just installed emulators in the PCs @ our desks and kept playing Super Mario Bros. and TMNT.

Went through that class with a D...
tired.gif
I wish I paid attention to takethe certification exams.

But I'm glad I actually attended that class, I learned a whole lot,

And it helped me quickly get through this past degree program I recently finished.

I'm just saying.

A+ is a prerequisite to Net + but it isnt necessary so you might as well skip that step if you into saving yourself some time. You'll pick up A+ stuffalong the way.

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

I got my CCNA and two tests away from CCVP which is Voice Professional which is where the boom is going. I'm within a healthy section of the CCNA salary. Its worth it

word. my company now requires you to have at least your CCNA to get hired. i got in before that was required but i have CCNA knowledge and then some. sais,why not go for your CCNP or CCIE? guessing you're looking to get more into the voice side of things?
A+ cert is pretty much useless to me, itsbasically general knowledge of computers. i took the classes a few years ago and couldnt stay awake.

Originally Posted by StlsNikeSquad

Where are you taking classes about this and where do you work?

The A+ is not obsolete as its been redesigned... Basically the A+ is the starter or baseline if you are looking to be employed for a computer place as a technician... If you are a programmer... its probably a waste for them. A lot of people are always saying the A + is so easy and didnt study for it and stuff like that. Ive been building PC's since like middle school, Employed doing that stuff in high school and Ive never taken the exam. My logic was why take a test to get a job doing.... what i already do lol. Now since then my decision has actually bit me in the **%# since i moved to a different state, my current job they want me to get the A + but they arent coming upfront with money so im dragging my feet.

I work at Unisys as a dispatch Technician @ the Eli Lilly Company basically I fix broken computers. I actually just took the job because its at Eli Lilly I took a pay cut... The pay i get now is 11.50 an hour. The hours 7-4, 7:30 - 4:30. At this place that I am, from speaking with others in my department the range in pay is 15-20+ an hour for the Remote Tech Guys aka Tier 2 desktop support... which is where im headed. Im in Indianapolis and the tech jobs are kinda slim here but other areas the pay is kinda close or better and they have more job opportunities.

A+ and the network + are pretty much starter certs. If you are look for money perks get a CCNA or the other Cisco certs.. It pays pretty well from what ive noticed. Other spots in IT, like being an Oracle DB pays great ive been told. My teacher he was a programmer and was making 90$ an hour working at nasa as a contractor... Thats crazy money
happy.gif

I work for the gov as helpdesk. im making around 50. the job is paying for the class and i figured i would start here. I can get any training from globalknowledge or learning tree. im starting here. because i have only a minimal amount of experience (i majored in business in college) i eventually want to diedoing something in networking but i havent decided yet. I know for sure i am sticking with IT tho. I wish i had gotten certs in hs or college.
http://

* oh yeah and for study materials so far im using the comprehensive dummies book to A+ and this website: http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?Great Resource

I went through the MCSE training class. About a month after I finished, I got hired working for the school system which is almost an entirely MAC environment. So I never took any of the tests. Looking back I wish I would've because now I want to move out of state and will have to brush on my skills since mostof the world runs PC's
ohwell.gif

ok A+ covers what? like on the test? hardware?

im a nerd but not as nerdy as yall... ive been tryin to get some info on certifications but it looks like theres a lot to choose from... im good withnetworking, hardware(building, replacing PC parts), and navigating windows is as easy as breathing for me...

which tests would i b better off starting with? and if possible could yall point me to some more info... maybe like which certs i would need for particularjobs or something... thanks

Originally Posted by jaydunk45

757BRED..........U IN VA? wut pat u in and u know anybody hiring in the comp field?

i might can help you. im not in the 757 area. my boss is looking for another team member. im in alexandria tho

Back
Top Bottom