Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Fallon was actually funny right there, nice for him to show his respect to Conan.

Damn I can't believe I didn't notice that was Ben Harper right there, I'm a huge fan too. I guess I was distracted by Ferrell's cowbelling
laugh.gif

Great ending to the show, Conan wanted to go out doing what he loved and being around his friends, what more can you ask for.

I'm definitely sad and it hasn't even sunk in yet, this is about as bad as when Arrested Development got canceled

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

what did fallon sing or do!!?
Started the show by going to Conan's old set and saying how it would always be his home.  Then he went in and sang "so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" by Boyz II Men with the Roots harmonizing in the background, then he poured out a 40 onto the ground
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

I loved his bit of advice.
Same here.  He kept trying to put things in perspective how this is really minor and insignificant in the grand scheme of things, especially how he kept bringing up Haiti. 

Plus how he said that even though it was only 7 months, it was a dream come true for him, and you can really see the sincerity and feelings.  He'll be missed and I'll be a fan no matter where he goes.

I think Conan is great, but I hate to say it guys...his show wasn't that good for the past 7 months. Maybe it's because he was forced to tone things down but I didnt think it was as funny as it was when he was on at 12:35.

Letterman's show was awesome tonight, I think I ended up spending more time watching Letterman than Conan. Catherine Zeita-Jones was on Letterman and she came hard with the sexual innuendo
pimp.gif

Letterman: "Wow, 8 shows a week on Broadway must be fatiguing"
CZJ: "Dave, I'm sure you know of other more fatiguing activities" and then she gave a wink to the camera
eek.gif

CZJ told Letterman she got a new dog so when Dave asked her how big it was she said something about being a woman and everything over 6 inches is good (something crazy like that)
eek.gif

Then Letterman had this sarcastic comedian on I've never heard of who absolutely killed it and had everyone dying. Finally, the musical guest was some chick I've never heard of but her song was pretty good.

Conan's great but he's still #2 behind Letterman's show.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I think Conan is great, but I hate to say it guys...his show wasn't that good for the past 7 months. Maybe it's because he was forced to tone things down but I didnt think it was as funny as it was when he was on at 12:35.

Letterman's show was awesome tonight, I think I ended up spending more time watching Letterman than Conan. Catherine Zeita-Jones was on Letterman and she came hard with the sexual innuendo
pimp.gif

CZJ: "Dave, I'm sure you know of other more fatiguing activities" and then she gave a wink to the camera
eek.gif

CZJ told Letterman she got a new dog so when Dave asked her how big it was she said something about being a woman and everything over 6 inches is good (something crazy like that)
eek.gif

Then Letterman had this sarcastic comedian on I've never heard of who absolutely killed it and had everyone dying. Finally, the musical guest was some chick I've never heard of but her song was pretty good.

ok, thanks

pimp.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Well she is married to a 65 year old

I agree.  It wasn't as good as Late Night, but given enough time I believe he would have found his voice... a good mix of his old style while incorporating a more mature tone.  The timeslot really plays a huge factor, even for a host with as many years as Conan.  I don't doubt he would have greatly improved if given more time.

And you're right, in terms of actual hosting and everything, Letterman > Conan.  But Dave also has a lot more experience than Conan so that's not a huge surprise, however Dave was the originator of Late Night so Conan owes a lot to him and his style.

I'll watch Letterman occasionally from now on, but I'll definitely be waiting for Conan to hopefully get a new show.

You can give all these late night hosts a HORRIBLE monologue to read and Conan would be the only one who could flip around funny

conan ending> the sopranos ending

i didn't want that song to ever end. i was cracking up when i saw beck. this is just a blessing in disguise. conan needs to be unfiltered

Back
Top Bottom