Confessions

My girl broke up with me last night.

She said it wasn't working.. I didn't clean to her standards and we didn't have sex enough. She said she wasn't comfortable talking to me because I make her feel stupid..

I gave that girl my 110%, man. The first one I've ever completely dedicated myself to, and told myself not to worry because she was the one who was going to stick around.. she was there for my Mom leaving my life / spiting me, and she was there through my Grandma's last couple of months.. this is going to be hard.

no, i meant it would be like UPS if it was privatized 
Damn, I'm not sure if that'd be any better.
laugh.gif

She said it wasn't working.. I didn't clean to her standards and we didn't have sex enough. She said she wasn't comfortable talking to me because I make her feel stupid..

I gave that girl my 110%, man. The first one I've ever completely dedicated myself to, and told myself not to worry because she was the one who was going to stick around.. she was there for my Mom leaving my life / spiting me, and she was there through my Grandma's last couple of months.. this is going to be hard.
@spizike231 -- I've posted something similar before in this topic and it also applies to your situation.

1.) You are a sexy dude who doesn't base his value on another person.

2.) Remember those hobbies you forgot about when you "gave her 110%"? Go and start them up again, try new things, hit up new chicks, and work on yourself. Do things that make you happy.

3.) She told you that you didn't meet HER standards. What? Have you forgotten this key fact? You are the prize, not her. She should be so lucky to have a guy as smart, delicious, and sexy as you. If she's gone, you know you can get a better chick tomorrow.

While I understand the emotional attachment and how much you both went through together, you need to come to terms with the fact that she's gone and that it's time to improve yourself in all areas.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that. If you gave her your all and she says that it wasn't enough, it's probably for the best that you two are not together. A silver lining to the situation is that she told you why things aren't working out. It could've been a situation where you came home and found her in bed with another guy/girl.

Take this time to work on yourself. Work out, pick up a hobby, hang out with friends, etc. Since it sounds like you two were in a relationship for a extended amount of time, you will think about her a lot. Just remember that someone will come along and appreciate the 110% that your ex failed to.

How old are you and your now ex? How long were y'all together?

Slighted said delicious [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Nah but for real, these guys have some good advise. The last thing you need to try n do right now is salvage the relationship.. Walk away strong knowing your going to have someone better in the future and your the prize.

Damn, I'm not sure if that'd be any better. :lol:

@spizike231
-- I've posted something similar before in this topic and it also applies to your situation.

1.) You are a sexy dude who doesn't base his value on another person.
2.) Remember those hobbies you forgot about when you "gave her 110%"? Go and start them up again, try new things, hit up new chicks, and work on yourself. Do things that make you happy.
3.) She told you that you didn't meet HER standards. What? Have you forgotten this key fact? You are the prize, not her. She should be so lucky to have a guy as smart, delicious, and sexy as you. If she's gone, you know you can get a better chick tomorrow.

While I understand the emotional attachment and how much you both went through together, you need to come to terms with the fact that she's gone and that it's time to improve yourself in all areas.

Thanks bro. I'll be reading over that list multiple times today most likely.. at work trying to not get sent home. I'm a wreck.

Sorry to hear that. If you gave her your all and she says that it wasn't enough, it's probably for the best that you two are not together. A silver lining to the situation is that she told you why things aren't working out. It could've been a situation where you came home and found her in bed with another guy/girl.

Take this time to work on yourself. Work out, pick up a hobby, hang out with friends, etc. Since it sounds like you two were in a relationship for a extended amount of time, you will think about her a lot. Just remember that someone will come along and appreciate the 110% that your ex failed to.

How old are you and your now ex? How long were y'all together?

Thank man. I'll definitely be looking at hobbies and getting out of the house.

I'm 22 going to be 23 in August, she's 22 now as well just turned in February.

We've been together for 3 years.. lived together for all of it. We went through a lot together, including both of our parents kicking us out and either one of us having no job for a period of months at different times. I honestly thought she was the one.

Who knows, we may get back together, but I'm not sure. I don't want it to be over. Thinking about the memories we have and how she's my best friend just kills me inside right now.

Nah but for real, these guys have some good advise. The last thing you need to try n do right now is salvage the relationship.. Walk away strong knowing your going to have someone better in the future and your the prize.

It's hard to walk away when we live together and are on a lease until December. Neither of us have the money to break the lease. Not to mention we broke up during an argument, and usually for us in these situations we get back together and fix things.

We have a counseling appointment tonight that I believe will be a last ditch effort, so we'll see.

If she walks out on me guys I'll literally be alone. Most of my friends are busy in school or with their ladies, and I had her. My mom is out of my life. My Dad is in another state. My only good friend is busy af working and school and i barely see him once a month anymore.

It's hard to walk away when we live together and are on a lease until December. Neither of us have the money to break the lease. Not to mention we broke up during an argument, and usually for us in these situations we get back together and fix things.

We have a counseling appointment tonight that I believe will be a last ditch effort, so we'll see.

If she walks out on me guys I'll literally be alone. Most of my friends are busy in school or with their ladies, and I had her. My mom is out of my life. My Dad is in another state. My only good friend is busy af working and school and i barely see him once a month anymore.

I understand your point of view but you don't want to place yourself in a position to get hurt even worse. Get that l.a fitness membership and blow off some steam in the gym.. Give yourself time to adjust.

Hit me up via PM, fam. I'm probably not in your city, but happy to brainstorm and talk.

You're on NT, so you're never alone. One common theme I've personally seen here is that there's a strong brotherhood.

Last edited:
:rofl:

spizike231 spizike231 Sounds more like attachment than love, fam.

You're scared of being alone & that's why you're trying to grasp onto a rope that is no longer there.

Let go & embrace your fall into solitude.

I won't go into too much detail but my situation was very similar to yours around this time last year.

My girl moved out & while we were still "together" by July I found out she was seeing someone else. It destroyed me, fam. It felt like she ripped my heart out & stepped on it. I grieved, I cried, I hated life.

Looking back at it now though, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me realize how needy & attached I was to her... My happiness depended on her & it should NEVER be like that.

That pain I felt was the catalyst to my rebirth. I knew I had to kill the boy & let the man be born (word to GoT).

I read both of the first TAY threads in their entirety, I began to really take in what some guy on Twitter that I've been following for awhile was preaching (Rhay1991 is his handle, you should give him a follow). Both of these sources really motivated me to engulf myself into the flame & rise from the ashes like the Phoenix.

I've since began to read & work out on a consistent basis, have gone back to school to continue my pursuit of a career in nursing & am just enjoying life overall... Something that I haven't felt in a LONG time.

I still have a long way to go but now I know I am back on the right path.

I'm 23 btw.

PM's are always open, papi.

Last edited:
:rofl:

spizike231 spizike231 Sounds more like attachment than love, fam.

You're scared of being alone & that's why you're trying to grasp onto a rope that is no longer there.

Let go & embrace your fall into solitude.

I won't go into too much detail but my situation was very similar to yours around this time last year.

My girl moved out & while we were still "together" by July I found out she was seeing someone else. It destroyed me, fam. It felt like she ripped my heart out & stepped on it. I grieved, I cried, I hated life.

Looking back at it now though, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me realize how needy & attached I was to her... My happiness depended on her & it should NEVER be like that.

That pain I felt was the catalyst to my rebirth. I knew I had to kill the boy & let the man be born (word to GoT).

I read both of the first TAY threads in their entirety, I began to really take in what some guy on Twitter that I've been following for awhile was preaching (Rhay1991 is his handle, you should give him a follow). Both of these sources really motivated me to engulf myself into the flame & rise from the ashes like the Phoenix.

I've since began to read & work out on a consistent basis, have gone back to school to continue my pursuit of a career in nursing & am just enjoying life overall... Something that I haven't felt in a LONG time.

I still have a long way to go but now I know I am back on the right path.

I'm 23 btw.

PM's are always open, papi.

Listen to everything posted above.

Yeah don't be afraid to me alone bro. Trying to be okay with doing that now. I got no girl, no kids and my friends are all doing their thing. Slowly I'm starting to like just doing whatever I want and when I want.

smokin.gif
  NT is a brotherhood man i Love y'all boys forreal . Went through a similar situation with this chick a month back , im still in recovery mode .

I don't want to waste another year

I've busted my *** at work and now I have the money to go back to trade school
Can't afford to lose this job and I can't miss one day or plan to.

I also want to move out and be on my own .

I don't have a lot of time to decide because if I take summer classes I'd have to quit my job and that's the best one Ive had so far.

:smokin   NT is a brotherhood man i Love y'all boys forreal . Went through a similar situation with this chick a month back , im still in recovery mode .

I feel you man. Think I'm getting over that recovery stage. Spending a lot of time with a girl who I really like. Sure, I go out on other dates but she's been the one I've seen more. Some say smashing and dating will help you get over your ex. Some say it won't. Gotta find what works for you.

It's funny how she says you don't meet her standards yet you make her feel stupid.

Two very different concepts. There's a ton of people that aren't that smart or accomplished that are condescending and talk down at people.

If you in Sac, I got you.

If you in Sac, I got you.
Get a dog @spizike231

Have you been in a relationship since or do you still feel like you're in recovery mode?
Negative on the former. 

Regarding the latter, I guess you can categorize it as still in recovery mode but not in the sense that I'm recovering from the break-up.

Over that.

I am recovering as a person though because I was deeply depressed for a long time long before the break-up & that has had a huge hinderance on my life & progress. 

All I'm worried about right now is working towards reaching my physical, mental & financial peaks. Nothing else matters. I'm willing to sacrifice anyone & anything to reach my goals... This train stops for no one. 

In regards to women, I am only looking at them as temporary pleasures instead of meaningful pursuits. 

I can do bad all by myself 
pimp.gif

I'm pretty sure I have social anxiety but day to day life is pretty normal. There's been a few times I've stressed myself out on mistake and I now realize that this isn't life for everyone else on the planet. :lol: I like people but I always zone out when having a conversation like I'm in a different state of mind, do this when I'm driving too and I hate it.

Some days I don't feel human or normal, like I'm not real or the world is real but I know it's real.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom