Converse All Star Pro BB - EVO Release = AUG 1 2020

SGA is a great pick up. I really hope this means the tech will be kicked up a notch, specifically adding zoom to the pro bb and more color ways

All Star BB Evo

Lower, lighter and more responsive than its predecessors, the Evo was crafted with feedback from Converse basketball family members like Kelly Oubre Jr, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Natasha Cloud.

5/8 cut uppers replace the high-top build of the All Star Pro BB. These uppers feature a 50/50 material split: light mesh on the lateral half for breathability and diamond textile on the medial half for stability and support. On the All Star BB Evo’s inaugural colorway, this is split between white and black, separated by grey taped seams and boasting red Chevron logos. Intentionally or otherwise, this yin and yang colorblocking calls to mind images of Nike Sportswear‘s cult classic Air Force 1 “Scarface” from 2006.

“Athletes are, more than ever, dedicated to self-expression on and off the court,” said Richard Ward, Converse’s Design Director of Footwear. “We wanted to build the upper in a way that allowed for more expressive and bold paneling through a distinctive split. This also allowed us to solve for a performance need, through lockdown and stability.” Oubre Jr. puts it more simply: “You get a feeling from it.”

From a cushioning standpoint, the All Star BB Evo uses a drop-in React foam midsole that assists players in staying on their forefeet to ensure they’re always in position for quick maneuvers. A diamond lug traction pattern rises up high on the shoe’s walls for all-over traction, and a black Chuck-inspired foxing stripe rounds off the look.

The Converse All Star BB Evo will release on the Converse webstore August 1. The MSRP is set at $115 USD.

1595531511171.png

1595531437867.png
1595531424242.png

I like the updated material. Back collar not so much and the lack of an updated insole. Why not put some zoom in it?

Curious because I really like the original version, these seem very daily wearable. Would probably prefer solid color blocking...look good on feet tho, so many black white and red pairs in the closet.

still hoping for a big discount on the og’s, have they ever hit less than $100?

Initial thoughts... pro bb and evo maybe similar, but different shoes altogether. Similar sole, insert, etc but the upper materials and feel are quite different.

Pro BB feels minimal, Evo feels thicker. Pro BB feels more synthetic in material texture (in a good way), Evo feels more fabric. Evo seems like it may dirty easier.

Will have to get back how I feel wearing Evo, performance wise I have no idea... only tried on briefly so far. But they did seem to adjust sizing....for me Pro BB was half-size-up, but Evo is TTS.

OG Pro BB remains my favorite new sneaker for style, simplicity, feel.

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_224735.jpg
    IMG_20200808_224735.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Big fan of what Converse is doing.

Wore one BB and one Evo on hardwood. Evo takes the sole/react and adds some support to the upper while keeping it feeling pretty light. Evo seems slightly more locked laterally. BB feels more 'natural'. React identical and great in both. BB has better laces imo. Heel/ankle cushioning moved up and out on Evo, which was wrapped around inside on BB. The height of the shoe is deceptive, as it is close to the same as the BB hi, but swoops down towards the front. Sizing decreased half-a-size (TTS).

The only issue I have had is the footliner material on the react separating on my Volts. Maybe they changed adhesive, but looks visually the same so possibly still room for revision.

Still picking up BBs. My favorite kicks in awhile. Solstice pairs have grown on me. #1 still the White/Mandarin...but pulled the trigger on Triple White too. Got it bad. If you have Grinches, props :pimp:

Weight comparison:
AJ34 (11.5) - 435g
Evo (11) - 400g
BB Hi (11.5) - 380g

Last edited:
Nice comparison! Thanks. Still waiting to grab a pair on discount/deal but haven’t been needing more hoop shoes at the moment

np. Wondering from those pics above, does that mean they are still producing both? Converse site seems like out w the old in w the new...

Back
Top Bottom