Cool @#$! Your Dad Did

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Skeet in my mom's to have me....Not a mutha %+@%+# thing since

frown.gif

Married my mother, and has been married to her for 36 years.
Showed me how to be a real man by how good he treated my mother, me, and everyone that he came in contact with.
2nd place in US open bare knuckle mix martial arts tournament heavyweight (late 1970's)
Saved a woman from an exploding car.
Is on the American Red Cross Hall of Fame for gallons of blood donated.
Worked two jobs to support his family while he and my mother obtained their masters degrees.
Smiley faces in syrup on my pancakes in the mornings as a kid.
Smiley faces in ketchup on my burgers when he would take off from work to have lunch with me at school
Helped with homework, and invested his time and money into weekend tutors from first grade through highschool
Was there the first day of school every year from Kindergarten through college...even if I didn't see him there, he would just peek in the classroom.
Invested time and money into sports, music, overseas travel, and other activities for us.
Does all of this a second time around with my own children.
Told me that if he died today, that he's had a great life because of me.

...and these are the cliffs.
 I've been truely blessed.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Showed me how to be a real man by how good he treated my mother, me, and everyone that he came in contact with.
2nd place in US open bare knuckle mix martial arts tournament heavyweight (late 1970's)
Worked two jobs to support his family while he and my mother obtained their masters degrees.
Smiley faces in ketchup on my burgers when he would take off from work to have lunch with me at school
Helped with homework, and invested his time and money into weekend tutors from first grade through highschool
Was there the first day of school every year from Kindergarten through college...even if I didn't see him there, he would just peek in the classroom.
Invested time and money into sports, music, overseas travel, and other activities for us.

thats dope man. hope i can be like that.

My dad, cant front,(divorced when i was like 9, aint had S!!! to do with me since)but  in my earlier years, he basically showed me how not to let folks F!!! you over.

F!!! him tho. but to he showed me how to not be a sucka when it comes to confrontation and disrespect type stuff. 

thats dope man. hope i can be like that.

My dad, cant front,(divorced when i was like 9, aint had S!!! to do with me since)but  in my earlier years, he basically showed me how not to let folks F!!! you over.

F!!! him tho. but to he showed me how to not be a sucka when it comes to confrontation and disrespect type stuff. 

im just glad he's been there since day 1 and always stood by me through the good and bad times.
pimp.gif

im just glad he's been there since day 1 and always stood by me through the good and bad times.
pimp.gif

This sir is
pimp.gif
!!!!

This sir is
pimp.gif
!!!!

Wrote and produced the #1 dance record in the country (early 80s, can't remember exact year).  Turned down a deal with Clive Davis and Arista which is kinda cool but 
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
 at the same time.

Wrote and produced the #1 dance record in the country (early 80s, can't remember exact year).  Turned down a deal with Clive Davis and Arista which is kinda cool but 
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
 at the same time.

your dad just inspired me. really, thats the kind of man im going to be in the future 
pimp.gif
 props bro.

your dad just inspired me. really, thats the kind of man im going to be in the future 
pimp.gif
 props bro.

got caught with pounds in his truck, then beat up the cop with a crowbar.. 21 years in prison.. thats a dad for you right??
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

whats a dad??

got caught with pounds in his truck, then beat up the cop with a crowbar.. 21 years in prison.. thats a dad for you right??
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

whats a dad??

lMAOOOOOOOOOOO @ Mosthated,damn superman had a great father,but it dont take away from the rest

Beated a crakckhead with a hammer for stealing his construction tools
Always supported me,down to his last 5 dollars in his pocket
worked construction for over 40 years,68 and he still doing construction(just to support me and da fam)
lol'd @ me wen i beated up a @%$#@+ in junior high school
always able to speak to him on a non-parental level

I really bangs with this thread because society reallly dont give htat much props to father

lMAOOOOOOOOOOO @ Mosthated,damn superman had a great father,but it dont take away from the rest

Beated a crakckhead with a hammer for stealing his construction tools
Always supported me,down to his last 5 dollars in his pocket
worked construction for over 40 years,68 and he still doing construction(just to support me and da fam)
lol'd @ me wen i beated up a @%$#@+ in junior high school
always able to speak to him on a non-parental level

I really bangs with this thread because society reallly dont give htat much props to father

Whilst my Dad hasn't done anything spectacular he has worked in a shedload of jobs.

He started off working in Ireland after leaving school at 13 and a half with no qualifications. By the time he moved to the UK when he was 17 he had worked for a cookware wholesalers, salesman at a greengrocers, turf stacker, apprentice gem setter at a jewellers, making bikes at the Hercules Cycle Corporation, a postman and a machine operator at Unideare making chicken wire.

Then in the UK he worked as a carpenter, hospital porter, apprentice arc welder, flour tipper, taps and dies maker, dough maker, television assembler, faser (filing the edges off sheets of pressed metal), zinc sheet roller, wood machinist at a toy company, grinding aircraft gears at the British Gear Grinding Company, engine shunter for British Rail, grinding components for diesel injection nozzles, packer for Walls Ice Cream, television repairman, ride manager at a carnival, spring maker and a capstan setter. Then finally he ended up working for Bedford Commercial Vehicles (and later IBC when the company changed names for 32 years) as a machine operator. He eventually became a machine setter, machine line setter, machine line inspector, car assembler, quality control inspector and finally a roller test inspector (if you drive a certain older type of van or SUV in the UK, and anywhere else in the world for that matter, there's a 90% chance my Dad has driven it at some point).

Nothing monumental there but this thread gave me the impetus to actually chronicle all of the various jobs he's done, so even if no-one really cares I'm glad I came across it.

He always put my Mum and his kids first, he did everything so we could have a better life and for that I'll be eternally grateful.

got me a mpc &  a go-kart when i was youngin ...best thing

get me out of school early back when pokemon cards where the craze 

started to going in on the toys r us clerk on why these card packs are soo expensive

then told me to grab the whole 24 pack box of cards and walk out (he was drunk too
laugh.gif
) ...had that poor girl confused at what went down

but out of the 24 booster packs ...i only got like 3 holo's ...smh

its alot more too

got me a mpc &  a go-kart when i was youngin ...best thing

get me out of school early back when pokemon cards where the craze 

started to going in on the toys r us clerk on why these card packs are soo expensive

then told me to grab the whole 24 pack box of cards and walk out (he was drunk too
laugh.gif
) ...had that poor girl confused at what went down

but out of the 24 booster packs ...i only got like 3 holo's ...smh

its alot more too

Whilst my Dad hasn't done anything spectacular he has worked in a shedload of jobs.

He started off working in Ireland after leaving school at 13 and a half with no qualifications. By the time he moved to the UK when he was 17 he had worked for a cookware wholesalers, salesman at a greengrocers, turf stacker, apprentice gem setter at a jewellers, making bikes at the Hercules Cycle Corporation, a postman and a machine operator at Unideare making chicken wire.

Then in the UK he worked as a carpenter, hospital porter, apprentice arc welder, flour tipper, taps and dies maker, dough maker, television assembler, faser (filing the edges off sheets of pressed metal), zinc sheet roller, wood machinist at a toy company, grinding aircraft gears at the British Gear Grinding Company, engine shunter for British Rail, grinding components for diesel injection nozzles, packer for Walls Ice Cream, television repairman, ride manager at a carnival, spring maker and a capstan setter. Then finally he ended up working for Bedford Commercial Vehicles (and later IBC when the company changed names for 32 years) as a machine operator. He eventually became a machine setter, machine line setter, machine line inspector, car assembler, quality control inspector and finally a roller test inspector (if you drive a certain older type of van or SUV in the UK, and anywhere else in the world for that matter, there's a 90% chance my Dad has driven it at some point).

Nothing monumental there but this thread gave me the impetus to actually chronicle all of the various jobs he's done, so even if no-one really cares I'm glad I came across it.

He always put my Mum and his kids first, he did everything so we could have a better life and for that I'll be eternally grateful.

Originally Posted by reeeem0

he was a crip.

he is a damn good hardworker. he's the pulse of my family, dont know where we'll be without him.

Same here. Dude can rebuild/repair any car known to man in a few days. Ditched my mom but still treated me the best he could when I could see him. Still simps to my mom in efforts to get her back 22 years later
laugh.gif
excellent friend, slacked as a father. Taught me to be in my kids life so she doesn't end up with a brain as #%*@++ as mine.

Originally Posted by reeeem0

he was a crip.

he is a damn good hardworker. he's the pulse of my family, dont know where we'll be without him.

Same here. Dude can rebuild/repair any car known to man in a few days. Ditched my mom but still treated me the best he could when I could see him. Still simps to my mom in efforts to get her back 22 years later
laugh.gif
excellent friend, slacked as a father. Taught me to be in my kids life so she doesn't end up with a brain as #%*@++ as mine.

Back
Top Bottom