Cool @#$! Your Dad Did

Originally Posted by reeeem0

he was a crip.
laugh.gif

lol same. and is my best friend. what hasnt he done is the real question.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Married my mother, and has been married to her for 36 years.
Showed me how to be a real man by how good he treated my mother, me, and everyone that he came in contact with.
2nd place in US open bare knuckle mix martial arts tournament heavyweight (late 1970's)
Saved a woman from an exploding car.
Is on the American Red Cross Hall of Fame for gallons of blood donated.
Worked two jobs to support his family while he and my mother obtained their masters degrees.
Smiley faces in syrup on my pancakes in the mornings as a kid.
Smiley faces in ketchup on my burgers when he would take off from work to have lunch with me at school
Helped with homework, and invested his time and money into weekend tutors from first grade through highschool
Was there the first day of school every year from Kindergarten through college...even if I didn't see him there, he would just peek in the classroom.
Invested time and money into sports, music, overseas travel, and other activities for us.
Does all of this a second time around with my own children.
Told me that if he died today, that he's had a great life because of me.

...and these are the cliffs.
 I've been truely blessed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Married my mother, and has been married to her for 36 years.
Showed me how to be a real man by how good he treated my mother, me, and everyone that he came in contact with.
2nd place in US open bare knuckle mix martial arts tournament heavyweight (late 1970's)
Saved a woman from an exploding car.
Is on the American Red Cross Hall of Fame for gallons of blood donated.
Worked two jobs to support his family while he and my mother obtained their masters degrees.
Smiley faces in syrup on my pancakes in the mornings as a kid.
Smiley faces in ketchup on my burgers when he would take off from work to have lunch with me at school
Helped with homework, and invested his time and money into weekend tutors from first grade through highschool
Was there the first day of school every year from Kindergarten through college...even if I didn't see him there, he would just peek in the classroom.
Invested time and money into sports, music, overseas travel, and other activities for us.
Does all of this a second time around with my own children.
Told me that if he died today, that he's had a great life because of me.

...and these are the cliffs.
 I've been truely blessed.
pimp.gif

Former marine and then became a pro MMA fighter......
I've seen him beat the life out of countless folk that have tried both my sister and I.

I swear he would have killed every one of them if it wasn't for us watching.......
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Former marine and then became a pro MMA fighter......
I've seen him beat the life out of countless folk that have tried both my sister and I.

I swear he would have killed every one of them if it wasn't for us watching.......
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

my dad got mad pics of his travels all over the world.. dude went all over Asia, North America, & some parts of Africa during his early 20s 
tired.gif

im 25 and the coolest place ive been to is Hawaii. 
indifferent.gif

my dad got mad pics of his travels all over the world.. dude went all over Asia, North America, & some parts of Africa during his early 20s 
tired.gif

im 25 and the coolest place ive been to is Hawaii. 
indifferent.gif

My pops was a CIA paramilitary operations officer.  In the 80's, his team captured and killed an opium kingpin in Laos, punctured two holes in his neck, and hung him upside down from a tree.

The drug cartel hired guns saw it and thought he was killed by a jungle vampire, and fled the area.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My pops was a CIA paramilitary operations officer.  In the 80's, his team captured and killed an opium kingpin in Laos, punctured two holes in his neck, and hung him upside down from a tree.

The drug cartel hired guns saw it and thought he was killed by a jungle vampire, and fled the area.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The year was 1969, and my dad (15 at the time) cut school with a few friends of his to head to Shea Stadium to try and get a glimpse of Game 5 of the World Series. Somehow, he was able to sneak into Shea with his friends (someone opened up a back door for them), and they were able to watch the game, and the win. His friends and him actually ran onto the field after the game had ended in celebration, and that's how my grandma caught him (he was caught on television cameras) 
roll.gif

The year was 1969, and my dad (15 at the time) cut school with a few friends of his to head to Shea Stadium to try and get a glimpse of Game 5 of the World Series. Somehow, he was able to sneak into Shea with his friends (someone opened up a back door for them), and they were able to watch the game, and the win. His friends and him actually ran onto the field after the game had ended in celebration, and that's how my grandma caught him (he was caught on television cameras) 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
if youre gonnna get a whoopin from your pops, thats a damn good reason to endure it.

One of the funnier stories about my pop I actually heard from one of his buddies.  His buddy was telling me how they first met back in high school.  My pop grew up in Korea and lucky for him, he grew up fairly wealthy.  His senior year in high school he managed to convince the family chauffeur to take him out and teach him how to drive in gramps car.  Dad is cruising down the street with chauffeur in the front seat giving him tips when he accidentally mowed into a small group of schoolkids who were walking on the side of the road.  He hit one dude worse than others.  Pops immediately hopped out, told the chauffeur to run and call an ambulance so they could take the kid to the hospital.  Followed the kid to the hospital to make sure he was OK, and told the kid that he would take care of the hospital bills and if he needed anything to just come look for him, but for him to please not tell my grandparents what happened.

In Korea every male has to do a stint in the military.  After HS my pops went off to serve his time in the Army, and didnt think twice about the kid he ran over with my gramps car.  When he got back from his military stint, he stopped by his old high school to say wsup to his teachers and some of his friends that were younger than him.  He walked into a class and was shootin the breeze with the other kids, when one boy came up to him and asked him "hey do you remember me?"  Pops was like sorry kid, I dont.  Kid says, you ran me over with your car a few years ago and took me to the hospital.  Light bulb went on in his head and he was like oh yea, how you doin?  That was back in the late 60's and they are still buddies to this day.

I can't really say anything cool he did.. but I know he used to be "bout that life".. gave that up and became a very loving father.

roll.gif
if youre gonnna get a whoopin from your pops, thats a damn good reason to endure it.

One of the funnier stories about my pop I actually heard from one of his buddies.  His buddy was telling me how they first met back in high school.  My pop grew up in Korea and lucky for him, he grew up fairly wealthy.  His senior year in high school he managed to convince the family chauffeur to take him out and teach him how to drive in gramps car.  Dad is cruising down the street with chauffeur in the front seat giving him tips when he accidentally mowed into a small group of schoolkids who were walking on the side of the road.  He hit one dude worse than others.  Pops immediately hopped out, told the chauffeur to run and call an ambulance so they could take the kid to the hospital.  Followed the kid to the hospital to make sure he was OK, and told the kid that he would take care of the hospital bills and if he needed anything to just come look for him, but for him to please not tell my grandparents what happened.

In Korea every male has to do a stint in the military.  After HS my pops went off to serve his time in the Army, and didnt think twice about the kid he ran over with my gramps car.  When he got back from his military stint, he stopped by his old high school to say wsup to his teachers and some of his friends that were younger than him.  He walked into a class and was shootin the breeze with the other kids, when one boy came up to him and asked him "hey do you remember me?"  Pops was like sorry kid, I dont.  Kid says, you ran me over with your car a few years ago and took me to the hospital.  Light bulb went on in his head and he was like oh yea, how you doin?  That was back in the late 60's and they are still buddies to this day.

I can't really say anything cool he did.. but I know he used to be "bout that life".. gave that up and became a very loving father.

Fought back homelessness as became a session vocalist for a few artist and stayed humble through it all.

Still my biggest influence ever

Fought back homelessness as became a session vocalist for a few artist and stayed humble through it all.

Still my biggest influence ever

I was adopted by my Aunt and Uncle when I was 6.

My biological mother was messed up with drugs and in and out of rehab until I was 16. My biological father is in prison from what I have been told, we've never met.

Now my Uncle (whom I call my father). Goes to work everyday for 10 hours a day, he makes counter tops and is very skilled at what he does. A quite man. Just the fact that he was willing to take my sister and I in says alot about his character.

He taught me how to be a man, take care of a family and be there. He did all the sports stuff with me, taught me how to use the game of basketball as a tool for myself and to help others. I know Coach High School basketball. He constantly tells me I need to relax and roll with the punches on the sideline. Easier said than done.

I'm now married with two kids of my own, he is a huge part of their lives. This means a ton to me. I can honestly say I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for my father.

I was adopted by my Aunt and Uncle when I was 6.

My biological mother was messed up with drugs and in and out of rehab until I was 16. My biological father is in prison from what I have been told, we've never met.

Now my Uncle (whom I call my father). Goes to work everyday for 10 hours a day, he makes counter tops and is very skilled at what he does. A quite man. Just the fact that he was willing to take my sister and I in says alot about his character.

He taught me how to be a man, take care of a family and be there. He did all the sports stuff with me, taught me how to use the game of basketball as a tool for myself and to help others. I know Coach High School basketball. He constantly tells me I need to relax and roll with the punches on the sideline. Easier said than done.

I'm now married with two kids of my own, he is a huge part of their lives. This means a ton to me. I can honestly say I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for my father.

Back
Top Bottom