Copping Jordan's in 2015

With the "remastered" Jordan's releasing in 2015, there will be a lot of dope kicks releasing in what seems to be a short period of time along with the price increase Jordan Brand mentioned when talking about the "remastered" Jordan's. My question to the NT community (I know there's a whole lot of people outside the NT community who may have a greater influence) is, for those of you who buy Jordan's will you continue to do so in 2015? Will you have a more selective mindset possibly opposed to before or will you continue to buy whatever you like as frequently as you like? I ask all of this because I've been doing some serious thinking, as much as I love the shoe's (especially what is rumored and confirmed so far for 2015) I don't think I'll be purchasing Jordan's going into 2015. With the $200 retail price plus taxes, each pair is bound to be anywhere from $210 to $220 around where I'm from. If the release dates on the J23 App hold up true (which I assume they will) and you buy the French Blue 7's and Columbia 4's in January, the Bulls Over Broadway 10's and Oreo 4's in February, Marvin the Martian 7's along with the Stealth 20's Chicago 10's in March, that's easily $1,400+ in a consecutive three month span. In conclusion, out of all the shoe's listed for the first three month's of 2015, in my humble opinion I like them all equally so much especially with if they are going to be much higher quality, that I would rather miss out on all of the shoe's rather than choose to buy one and know I purposely didn't attempt to buy the other that I also wanted. But what are your guy's opinion's on the issue at hand as we approach 2015?

I'm planning on buying Lady Liberty 10s and getting out of the Jordan game for awhile.. I honestly think hype is going to start to die if ALL retros (including future, garbage colorways) start going for $200... There is a price ceiling for everything and GR pricing for Retro J's is definitely going to be pushing it at $200 retail..

Some of my favorite model's are the 4's and 10's along with the 7's and it being the year of the 7's makes it a tough decision I'm making. But you're right, $200 being the standard price for all retro's (with price point exceptions whether lower or higher for the 1's, 11's, and 11 low's) I definitely hope even the hypebeast's and reseller's take a step back with all the purchasing so Jordan sales can go down and hopefully Jordan Brand ends up reducing the standard price on Retro's going into 2016. But then again, that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

The only ones that I'm looking forward to next year so far are the oreo and columbia 4s. I'm pretty sure I won't be buying much j's anymore as it's gotten to be too much trouble to cop even one pair. The only pairs from last year's releases that I've kept are the 88 3s and the toro 4s. Now that I think about it, I have any of this year's releases either. Everything else I've either returned or sold. 

Too early to tell, but so far the plan is just to snatch up the Columbia 4s. I'll be much more selective next year. $200 is my self-imposed cap, and I've only went over that amount once.

The Columbias are pretty sick but I couldn't maintain a white shoe 
tongue.gif

After the Columbia, excuse me, "Legend Blue" XIs at the end of this year, I'll need one more pair of retro Js and I'm calling it quits.  After I scoop a pair of those XIs I will have a DS pair of each OG color way for all 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s and 11s, which is all I want.  Fingers crossed for a Maroon VI release soon, and once that shoe drops I'm out.  I can't deal with the release day madness, hype, overpriced kicks, etc.  I love my Jordans but it really is getting to be way too much for me. Just give me my Maroon VIs and let me out.  I'm too old for this.  

Now get off my lawn you crazy kids.  

Columbia 4s mainly for me

If Chicago NA 1s drop those will be for me too

Otherwise nothing really I'm feeling

Last edited:
I'm planning on buying Lady Liberty 10s and getting out of the Jordan game for awhile.. I honestly think hype is going to start to die if ALL retros (including future, garbage colorways) start going for $200... There is a price ceiling for everything and GR pricing for Retro J's is definitely going to be pushing it at $200 retail..

Those lady liberty got my attention and I don't even do 10s. Luckily I'm not too big on 7s, got several I like but I don't see it being a very expensive year yet. About the only thing that would get me going hard at that price point is some NA and material, shape, build, etc. All that to say.. Most likely I'll be cutting back now. And it's nostalgia for me, not so much the money but the principle.. They should have been pumping out some better quality at 160, 170, 180.. :x

Just the XI Lows for me. Main focus in 2015 will be KD VII and Lebron XII. That also means $$$ saved :pimp:

So far the Legend Blue XI and the Pantone Pack are the only two retro shoes that I'm focused on.  I want to know if the Slam Dunk 6s makes it to the USA I'm all in on that one too.  As for the question on hand about 2015, willing to pick up a pair of 29s in a better colorway than what dropped so far (the pantone pack one looks awful also).  Another pick up for me is the Oreo 4s. 

Other than that I really don't care unless JB is willing to drop some more XIVs.

I'd mess with some XVIIs if they drop and possibly Chicago Xs. The rest of them are meh for me

Can only imagine what they will be charging in Aus. We already pay too much for retro Js. 

3M 13s were 240AUD. 

im done with jordans after the sport blue 6s dropped. growing older and having an apartment now so shoes are not my thing anymore. we all grow out of it eventually.

Price change will not make any difference to me whatsoever. Will still cop the same way I have been. Only OG colorways unless it's just a retro+ colorway I really want. seems to be better colorways coming out next year

I retired from Jordans when I got the Baron 9s. You all can have the new remastered Js

From what I've seen confirmed for 2015 Colombia 4s, Oreo 4s, French Blue 7s, Chi 10s, Hare 7s, OG HIGH Chi 1s?, are all instacopps for me.

Read in the paper today that they are opening a Flight 23 in Chicago this June on State Street.  Copping for me just got easier.

Columbia 4s, Oreo 4s, Hare 7s… that's all I need from 2015. If they throw Maroon VIs in there then I guess those too lol

All the 7s and 10s for me and of course whatever the Xmas 11 will be

Back
Top Bottom