Corinne Bailey Rae Is Back

I'm gonna pick up my copy sometime this week.

For those of you who purchased, are the lyrics in the album booklet?

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Like A Star is my all-time favorite song by her. And then 'Are You Here' ... I guess she has a way of putting her best tracks first.

Trouble Sleeping, Choux Pastry Heart, Call Me When You Get This. Love 'em all.

Shout out to VH1 for putting me on back in the day with their "Artists You Should Hear"
this.

^and yes, the lyrics are included in the booklet.

CORINNE BAILEY RAE – NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
Date City Venue

4/6 Los Angeles, CA Vibiana
4/9 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom
4/11 Portland, OR Roseland Theatre
4/12 Seattle, WA Moore Theatre
4/15 San Francisco, CA Regency Ballroom
4/17 Indio, CA Coachella Music and Arts Festival
4/22 Chicago, IL Vic Theatre
4/24 Detroit, MI St. Andrews Hall
4/26 Toronto, ON Queen Elizabeth Theatre
4/28 Montreal, QC Club Soda
4/30 Boston, MA House of Blues
5/1 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of Living Arts
5/3 New York, NY Webster Hall
5/4 Brooklyn, NY Music Hall of Williamsburg
5/8 St. Lucia St. Lucia Jazz Festival
5/11 Atlanta, GA Center Stage
5/13 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
5/14 Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live

Def. gonna try and make that 5/13 showing.

I can't get into this album cuz I can't understand what the he'll she saying and the band is so much louder than her voice I just give up.

I can't get into this album cuz I can't understand what the he'll she saying and the band is so much louder than her voice I just give up. Yall live in DC?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I can't get into this album cuz I can't understand what the he'll she saying and the band is so much louder than her voice I just give up. Yall live in DC?
That's the same problem I had with this album. Especially on 'Are You Here.' Not only can I not hear her, but the melody is ugly.

Beyond a couple or three songs, the album is a disappointment.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

laugh.gif
This is very true

I'm really disappointed with this record, I thought it would be a bit more somber and reflective. As an artist I couldn't comprehend going through so much and not writing or referencing it, it's almost a slap in the face as a fan. Not only that it felt like patchwork almost as if it was forced, whereas her last showed so much promise

^I believe it was more reflective than you think. All those songs like "closer" and "paris night/new york mornings" are indeed reflective of the love she lost. Just cause they're upbeat, does not mean they aren't reflective.

"Loves on it's way" and "Paper Dolls" are probably the only songs that don't fit this category.

Hearing this album live is going to be so ill.

Wow, I haven't posted in here since starting the thread... anyway, I was really disappointed with her new album. I couldn't get into it at all. Caught a couple songs at Coachella but yeah... this record is a definite step down from her first.

Back
Top Bottom