"Cough Drop" Foamposite APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

Originally Posted by Beasly151

when they hit 120 these will sell out fast Just cause.
i saw em for 169 so far, wait mouth or two they might hit 120 maybe round easter
nerd.gif

889266e1320447bb9c7e7a4c695367e92c084d4b_r.jpg

Close enough
Once these prices go widespread, there's no doubt in my mind these will sell out.  I wouldn't have minded spending $129 for mine, but I'm still not going to complain about Foams for $170, with the added luxury of getting to pick between half a dozen pairs to get the absolute best of the lot.

I find one interesting parallel between these and the original Royal joints in 1997.  When they first came out, they weren't very popular at all.  A lot of people thought they were downright hideous, and they ended up on clearance in many places.  I've heard some OGs went for as little as $50.  But of course, now look at their popularity!  OG Penny Foams seems to be Top 5 grails for a vast majority of NTers.  In time we'll see if the same thing happens with these joints.

On a related note, I would like to officially propose a new nickname for these, forever banishing the name "Cough Drops".  My suggestions are "Stealths", "Blood Soles", and the classic "Breds".  What do ya'll think?

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

Originally Posted by Beasly151

when they hit 120 these will sell out fast Just cause.
i saw em for 169 so far, wait mouth or two they might hit 120 maybe round easter
nerd.gif

889266e1320447bb9c7e7a4c695367e92c084d4b_r.jpg

Close enough
Once these prices go widespread, there's no doubt in my mind these will sell out.  I wouldn't have minded spending $129 for mine, but I'm still not going to complain about Foams for $170, with the added luxury of getting to pick between half a dozen pairs to get the absolute best of the lot.

I find one interesting parallel between these and the original Royal joints in 1997.  When they first came out, they weren't very popular at all.  A lot of people thought they were downright hideous, and they ended up on clearance in many places.  I've heard some OGs went for as little as $50.  But of course, now look at their popularity!  OG Penny Foams seems to be Top 5 grails for a vast majority of NTers.  In time we'll see if the same thing happens with these joints.

On a related note, I would like to officially propose a new nickname for these, forever banishing the name "Cough Drops".  My suggestions are "Stealths", "Blood Soles", and the classic "Breds".  What do ya'll think?

Originally Posted by thekckid

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

No, I wait for them to be further reduced and hit outlets like pearls did.
^ this.

The pearls were marked down to 120 as well at niketowns and nike stores then those pairs that did not sell were sent to outlets and sold for 150. I would grab them niketown now if I were you. Funny part is people bought them for 150 at outlets plus tax plus shipping which came out to 170 when it could have been a lot cheaper at niketown.

Originally Posted by thekckid

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

No, I wait for them to be further reduced and hit outlets like pearls did.
^ this.

The pearls were marked down to 120 as well at niketowns and nike stores then those pairs that did not sell were sent to outlets and sold for 150. I would grab them niketown now if I were you. Funny part is people bought them for 150 at outlets plus tax plus shipping which came out to 170 when it could have been a lot cheaper at niketown.

Wait it out, every footlocker in nyc still has these and almost every site as well. They'll continue to sit. Pewters, greens and other Jordan releasing. Patience boys, patience.

Wait it out, every footlocker in nyc still has these and almost every site as well. They'll continue to sit. Pewters, greens and other Jordan releasing. Patience boys, patience.

Back
Top Bottom