***Cowboys trade for Jevon Walker(rumored)***

eek.gif

Great pickup, big D

Developing news, will update

Radio folks in Houston are saying it is being ironed out

Good #*#%... TO, a healthy Javon Walker, Witten, Crayton...
pimp.gif
Weapons.

I don't see anything official online.... yet.

[h2]http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/25/boys-eyeing-javon/[/h2]
[h2]'BOYS EYEING JAVON?[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2008, 2:52 p.m.

So Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wants to put some "wow" into the offense? One possibility we're hearing about is by acquiring receiver Javon Walker from the Broncos.

A league source tells us that the Cowboys are working on a deal that would bring Walker to Big D. The problem, however, is Walker's knee. He tore an ACL during the first game of the 2005 regular-season, and he missed plenty of time in 2007, his second year in Denver, due to lingering problems with it.

There's a chance, said the source, that Walker wouldn't pass a physical.

If Walker were to land in Dallas, however, things could get interesting. Said the source: "Can you picture [Terrell] Owens' reaction? Walker has pissed people off in Green Bay and Denver because he wants the ball so much. They are supposedly friends so I'm sure they think it could work but it would be fun to watch."

Owens and Walker made plenty of headlines three years ago in their efforts to get new contracts. Both threatened to hold out and, in the end, both caved.

Walker was traded to Denver in April 2006, and received the new contract he craved. After a solid first season with the Broncos, the team picked up an option for 2007. In hindsight, it's yet another poor decision from Denver's de facto G.M.

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/25/boys-eyeing-javon/

Originally Posted by Ocks

Sounds like we gave up a 2nd round draft pick
No way... They are not going to keep him in Denver regardless. If they got a second rounder out of Jerry, they robbed him blind.
At Big D thinking there WR's were the problem.
Apparently you haven't noticed that outside of TO and Crayton, there's not an at least average receiver on the roster... The Boys need toget younger at WR, and Javon can do a whole lotta good if he's healthy.

Nice pick up, but that's not going to get them to that next level...

and Brandon Marshall is going to be a problem next year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Cowboys turning into the new Raiders.
Why would you say such a stupid thing how can you even say these 2 teams in the same sentence? come on now
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by srvballer

Nice pick up, but that's not going to get them to that next level...

and Brandon Marshall is going to be a problem next year
pimp.gif

yeah...but the niners getting allen rossum
pimp.gif

thats gunna put them over the top
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dude where is the official news?

I can't find this anywhere!!!
and it definitely is not on dallascowboys.com, so I doubt this is official, though I know the Cowboys have some interest in the guy

honestly (no homerness), I think this is a good pick up as long as we give up a 2nd day pick...
If Javon can get back to 100 percent, then Jerry did us wonders...
if not, then this will be yet another guy that adds to our cap and can potentially cause a headache with cap

Back
Top Bottom