Craigslist: Am I About To Get Got? Goons Check In

Ok I put my sidekick up on CL a few days ago for $100. I've been getting blown up for the most part, but I got this one email that's making me kind ofweary. First off when people have terrible spelling and grammar, and type in CAPS LOCK i'm a little more cautious. I'm no corndog/mental ****** andi've done a lot of transactions on CL. Here is the convo so far START FROM BOTTOM

AITE WELL THATS FINE SON THE ADD SAID A $100 I CAN PROBABLY GIVE YOU LIKE [size=+1]115[/size] FOR SOMETHING FOR IT NO PROBLEM, CAN YOU MEET ME THURSDAYOR FRIDAY AFTERNOON. I WANT TO MEET UP WITH YOU AND BUY IT FROM YOU MY G. OH AND HOW ARE YOU LIKING THAT G1?

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Seventh Letter wrote:

It's not completely dead, but you will need to charge it with your computer, xbox, ps3, ect.

-----Original Message-----
To: Seventh Letter
Sent: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 11:14 pm
Subject: SIDEKICK

HI YOU DOIN MY NAME IS JR, I BEEN LOOKING FOR A SIDEKICK AND IM TRYING TO PURCHASE IT SOMETIME AT THE END OF THE WEEK THIS THURSDAY OR FRIDAY IN THE AFTERNOON.YOU SAID YOU DONT HAVE A CHARGER? I WANTED TO KNOW IS IT COMPLETELY DEAD OR ITS NEEDS TO GET CHARGED. HIT ME UP BECAUSE IM TRYING TO HOPE ON THIS ASAP, THANKS

Am I trippin for no reason? Like who offers to pay extra money? Usually people try to lowball you

stick to ebay and mailing-

orrr get your team together and do the meet up...do it in a public place or in your hood not some alley or some foreign hood -

the only thing weird there is him offering more BUT at the same time i've done that before to secure it...he might have thought 100 was low so hedidn't want to say ok 100 then have someone offer 105 and he's out...

why not buy a aftermarket charger and put it up on ebay for more $

maybe he knows you've been getting numerous offers and wants to secure the deal.

don't see the goon-ery in this email

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Anything is possible

pg2_a_garnett_300.jpg

laugh.gif
nah but yea do what dude said.

He sounds like a overly excited kid who can't wait to get his SK. I wouldn't be too alarmed. But still go gooned up or take your lil buddy just incase.

Originally Posted by kchildz1

He sounds like a overly excited kid who can't wait to get his SK. I wouldn't be too alarmed. But still go gooned up or take your lil buddy just in case.

Ya I've offered more money to try to seal the deal...this dont sound like nothin odd. You just paranoid or somethin.

You straight man, all it sound like to me is a dude who never really had +$$% getting excited about finally getting a sidekick.

Originally Posted by seventh letter

OH AND HOW ARE YOU LIKING THAT G1?

How the hell does he know you got a G1? You better bring your squad this dude sounds fishy
ohwell.gif

i'm assuming dude posted something along the lines of - "Selling cause I bought the G1"
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mrmeeh2

Originally Posted by seventh letter

OH AND HOW ARE YOU LIKING THAT G1?

How the hell does he know you got a G1? You better bring your squad this dude sounds fishy
ohwell.gif

I think you're looking too much into this. If you ever go to craigslist, a lot of people will say "I'm selling X because I just got a Y"

eh. if need be, meet somewhere busy and public and bring a friend with you. That should be all you need. Get there earlier than the meet time if reallyparanoid. I've sold shoes on CL and never once thought about this, until a friend brought it up so I usually meet at 24 hr fitness or inside the mall nowfor transactions and bring a buddy with me.

Back
Top Bottom