Craziest/most hyped Jordan OG releases?

The upcoming Concord holiday drop got me thinking about the craziest releases in recent memory. I was wondering what people think are the craziest/most hyped drops for OG colorways or general release colorways (meaning not something like a Drake or Off-white release or a Frag 1 that are super limited) (but something like a 72-10 would count i guess bc it was a major release). I know the Holiday 11 releases are usually the craziest with the 2011 Concord being particularly news worthy but what are some others? Space Jams are always pretty hyped, not sure how the Bred 11 release in 2012 was. So yeah... what were the craziest releases and what OG colorways always cause the most hysteria? Thanks

You're talking actual OGs right? Then sans an exception here or there for a particular area, this would only apply to the XI, and even then that was only for certain areas.
All of this hype and camping and sellouts only started in the modern retro era. All of these shoes kids gobble up now sat as OGs by today's standards. I live in Central Florida and didn't wait in a line until the 2004 Olympic 7s, and even then it was only 6-7 deep. Prior to the 2001 blk/red XI, I just got to the mall at 10AM, got my size and left. I was the only person at the mall for the Space Jams in 2000 :lol:

Last edited:
01 cool grey 11s, the og mall riot starter.
og bred 11s was mad popular tho and kinda catapulted the 11 to the status it has today

Jordan Trunner LX
97992021_fr_sc7.jpg

Laser 4's from 05 ?

You mean the white/red ones? Those were a pack from Jumpman23.com with a hat & shirt. They weren't in stores. Had to go online.

I do vividly remember the 2001 release of the black/red 11s. Got them at Footlocker in King of Prussia back in the day. This was before online stores and reservations. Just get to the store before they opened, sit and wait. I'm 41 now, so when they came out, I was A LOT younger. That was the only time I felt nervous leaving the store. People were EVERYWHERE and if you weren't there early, you got shutout.

I was one of the first in the store (they opened early to get the line moving). Got my size, tried them on, paid and got out quick. The people at the back of the line we're eyeing those who were leaving with a bag. I got to my car quick and rolled home. Still have the 2001s in DS condition.

I guess its two seperate questions.... What were the craziest releases in terms of riots and craziness but also what are the most HYPED releases especially with the holiday 11s. I think Concords and Space Jams are by far the most hyped even more then breds or cool greys etc and Concords would prolly be number 1 IMO

2011 Concords was by far the worst I’ve ever seen it from a pure numbers/madness standpoint. I’ve never seen close to that many bodies “lined up” outside the mall. Then the FCFS release turned into a raffle since security couldn’t even maintain a line at the stores inside once the mall doors opened. And the raffle was like the Turbo Man raffle with everyone just grabbing as many raffle tickets as they could. Luckily I was the third ticket pulled.

2009 Space Jams actually weren’t that bad around my way. A few local spots even had some sizes sitting around lunch time that day.

Concord release was not THAT bad becuase the grey market pairs started to look just like actual Nike’s that year. Crazy yes. Grape 5 release was worse imo

Last edited:
Concord release forsure was crazy I had a lady follow me home from the mall about 30 min drive cuz she seen footlocker employees loading my truck up lol I didn’t even know she was tailing me

How crazy were the banned 1s? I seen YouTube vids with outlets filled with people running around for that

Concord release forsure was crazy I had a lady follow me home from the mall about 30 min drive cuz she seen footlocker employees loading my truck up lol I didn’t even know she was tailing me

Did she try to rob you or buy some shoes?

You're talking actual Ohs right? Then sans an exception here or there for a particular area, this would only apply to the XI, and even then that was only for certain areas.
All of this hype and camping and sellouts only started in the modern retro era. All of these shoes kids gobble up now sat as OGs by today's standards. I live in Central Florida and didn't wait in a line until the 2004 Olympic 7s, and even then it was only 6-7 deep. Prior to the 2001 blk/red XI, I just got to the mall at 10AM, got my size and left. I was the only person at the mall for the Space Jams in 2000 :lol:

Olympic 7s were nuts in Houston in 04', of course all 11's, Melo 2's, OG altitude and wheat 13's, OG Nubuck 12's, Acrive Athlete satin 1's probably some others I'm forgetting, but those all come to mind right off the bat.

Olympic 7s were nuts in Houston in 04', of course all 11's, Melo 2's, OG altitude and wheat 13's, OG Nubuck 12's, Acrive Athlete satin 1's probably some others I'm forgetting, but those all come to mind right off the bat.

^all these, laser 4, DMP 6/11, 2006 Grape 5, Infrared 6,

not tooo many hyped releases during the Nike Dunk SB haydays. A lot of bad quality jordans came out the same time too. Then Kanye 1s hype brought Jordan back into relevance again

^all these, laser 4, DMP 6/11, 2006 Grape 5, Infrared 6,

not tooo many hyped releases during the Nike Dunk SB haydays. A lot of bad quality jordans came out the same time too. Then Kanye 1s hype brought Jordan back into relevance again

Grapes didn't much here, woulda been insane with NA though... just another release. Laser 4's and DMP 11/6s I totally forgot about them. Personally I hate all kanye's so I never followed any hype on those...

Yea the dmp 6/11 pack and grapes werent anything crazy where I was (bmore)

I remember not going to the titanium 23 release at Columbia because of the 23 pairs in 23 stores stuff. Heard it was a lot of people around for those.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom