Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

His arc wrapped up nicely with Creed II.
The behind the back shot after the last fiht + re-connecting with his son/grandson

Also, Creed started working with that trainer, whose father trained his father. Nothing new for Rocky to do in the new films

It is pretty significant.

Rocky is literally a character Sly came up with on his own based off a bunch of boxers but namely one, so he can actually get a role to give him a shot to succeed in Hollywood movies that just blossomed in to an entire franchise and now the characters he created have spun off in to a 2nd life.

Sylvester Stallone said:
Early in my acting career I realized the only way I would ever prove myself was to create my own role in my own script. On my 29th birthday, I had $106 in the bank. My best birthday present was a sudden revelation that I had to write the kind of screenplay that I personally enjoyed seeing. I relished stories of heroism, great love, dignity, and courage, dramas of people rising above their stations, taking life by the throat and not letting go until they succeeded. But I had so many ideas in my head, I couldn't focus on any one. To cheer myself up, I took the last of my entertainment money and went to see the Ali-Wepner fight on closed circuit TV. Chuck Wepner, a battling, bruising club fighter who had never made the big time, was having his shot. It wasn't at all regarded as a serious battle. But as the fight progressed, this miracle unfolded. He hung in there. People went absolutely crazy. Wepner was knocked out in the 15th and final round, almost lasting the distance. We had witnessed an incredible triumph of the human spirit and we loved it.

That night, Rocky Balboa was born. People looked on him as the all-American tragedy, a man without much mentality and few social graces. But he has deep emotion and spirituality and good patriotism. And he has a good nature, although nature has not been particularly good to him. I have always seen him as a 20th Century gladiator in a pair of sneakers. Like so many of us, he is out of sync with the times. To all this, I injected doses of my own personal life, of my frustration at not getting anywhere.
:pimp:

Also, Creed started working with that trainer, whose father trained his father. Nothing new for Rocky to do in the new films
Except die.

Last edited:
didnt know he retired from rocky... kinda sad since its the end of an era... but i could see why since hes just a trainer in the creed movies even though it was a significant part... i was at lunch talking about it today with my coworkers and i thought he retired from acting... i feel dumb now about not knowing what they were talking about lol

Movie was good as far a sequels go, but overall I was underwhelmed. Someone said they felt more sympathetic towards Viktor and I agree. Not sure if that was intentional.

I was crossing my fingers hoping Adonis and Rocky didn't have a "falling out" but then it went and happened :lol:

Was also hoping they kept it in Philly.

I liked how they reprised some roles from past Rockys.

Cinematography and the main performances were adequate, I just felt something missing from the picture that sort of left me with a "meh" response.

Coogler's Creed >

Back
Top Bottom