Current State of the Sneaker Game

Stopped reading at "stemmed from the insane Galaxy Foamposite 1" **** got ****** with SBs and ****** pressed over what color box series they had charging $300 for $90 sneakers

It's not a "game", that only contributes to the **** measuring aspect that these new ****** have brought into it.

Its a culture, a shorthand, a series of shared experiences and appreciation for buttery leathers and elephant prints. All this keeping pairs deadstocked, F all that noise.

Wear your sneakers and refuse to associate with these new people.

I don't consider myself a ''sneakerhead'' or being a part of a ''game''. I really think those terms are pretty lame to be honest with you. I buy the shoes, clothes, and things I like because I like them, not because everyone else thinks it's cool to have them. If you don't like the direction things are going, don't get involved by buying them because they are "heat", just buy what you are interested in and want.

buy what you like....
stop worrying about other people's motives....
/thread

Last edited:
I have been collecting and wearing my sneakers for many years now, but I am starting to feel like the sneaker game is becoming somewhat of a joke. There are too many "Heat" releases lol! I feel like all the sneaker providers are doing way too much with their shoes, Nike specifically. They are trying to make every shoe "Hyped" or "Fire" lol! This seems to have all stemmed from the insane Galaxy Foamposite 1 release and the galaxy Kobe 7, KD 4, Lebron 9, Zoom Rookie, but mainly the foamposite release. Since there are so many of these "heat" releases, everyone claims to be a "sneakerhead" lol! The community is now polluted and it seems to take away the novelty. Here are some examples of what I feel are sneakers that shouldn't have ever been released because they are just ridiculous! What do you guys think about this trend and the sneaker game nowadays? 
[

:rofl:

I swear it seems like they all say this

Last edited:
It got messed up when buying kicks became a 'sneaker game', and not just copping joints to be fly and stay fashionable. When it became an entity, and activity, and not just buying what you like, plan on wearing, and actually having the opportunity to acquire.

I just miss the days when kicks would sit. Now everyone is a "sneaker head". Since I'm getting older, I figure it's time to just let the kids have this fad

I have definitely begun to consider other shoe brands, since this started happening. I have started to avoid "hyped" releases because they have started to lose their appeal. Comfortable trainers have started to become something that I'm into which is sort of like what Joepac12  said. If a real grail becomes available again then I might cop, but other then that I'm not going to spend any real money. 

Honestly, I like to think of myself as a sneaker enthusiast. So I agree with DaG311. To StillIn729, what would you refer to it then, oh captain my captain? lol! I thought my post was easy to understand. If you want to to play semantics, you can do that somewhere else. To EcruteakCityBoy, you can think what you want!
tongue.gif
 Was my post not truthful?     

I know what I've been doing! I got a couple gems, but it is by no means my whole life lol! You must be the original "sneakerhead"! You must have all the "OG's" in "SUPER DEADSTOCK CONDITION"! Sorry I'm not as "cool" as you! lol 
roll.gif

Last edited:
i dont even wear nikes to the gym anymore thats how turned off i am right now, dont even get me started on jordan

View media item 635618

current gym shoes..........

im stepping up my boot game, i got some new balances, asics, pinch of high end kicks

i seen a dude at the mall other day in bel air Vs an he was matchin from head to toe, look like a damn fool (mustve been a 90s baby)

Last edited:
Still rock Nike Frees to the gym, basically what I wear the majority of the time. Otherwise it's Vans or other "dressier" shoes.

The one good thing is that I've been slowly selling my collection and the ROI has been amazing, shoes I scooped for $70-80, going for $400.

Just don't try to sell on NT B/S, :lol:

Sold an old/used pair of French VII's for $300, :wow:... :lol:. Highway robbery but I'm not complaining.

AM1's have a busted shape now, :smh:

III's and IV's is all I rock, everything else is getting sold.

Still rock Nike Frees to the gym, basically what I wear the majority of the time. Otherwise it's Vans or other "dressier" shoes.

The one good thing is that I've been slowly selling my collection and the ROI has been amazing, shoes I scooped for $70-80, going for $400.

Just don't try to sell on NT B/S, :lol:

Sold an old/used pair of French VII's for $300, :wow:... :lol:. Highway robbery but I'm not complaining.

AM1's have a busted shape now, :smh:

III's and IV's is all I rock, everything else is getting sold.

all my nike frees are sittin in my closet

i actually like the NBs way better. that vibram sole is crack

yes, better than free runs

yes, i do squats and deads also

Last edited:
People grow out of it and the brands realize that they need to release products/market to those who are purchasing their product: mostly teenagers. I stopped "collecting" when I started paying my own bills and haven't looked back since. I'll probably buy a few more Jordans in my lifetime when I can't think of anything else to spend my money on, but I think a lot of people grow out of collecting when they reach a certain age.

all my nike frees are sittin in my closet

i actually like the NBs way better. that vibram sole is crack

yes, better than free runs

yes, i do squats and deads also

:lol:

Actually want to venture into trying the minimus and the reebok nano. I'm not about the deadlifting barefoot in a public gym life. Nike Free's I have an abundance of, still got a Nike hookup, so the discount is nice.

People buy everything and sell it within a month to buy the next thing

Liking sneakers is gone; they must be limited to stunt for the moment then onto the next

shoes are the sportscards of the 90s... let the masses jump on the cutlure, which turns to a fad, and the bubble will burst... just ride it out and stop picking up every release... things will settle and we will get our hobby back 8)

Back
Top Bottom