Customized my OREO 6's

did u use paint or a sharpee? kind of looks like a marker from the contrast in blacks and the shine of the added black.

did u use paint or a sharpee? kind of looks like a marker from the contrast in blacks and the shine of the added black.

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

It looks like you got rid of the speckle and added more black??

Looks cool .......im one of the minority that actually likes the "OREO VI's" but this looks OK.
this I actually like oreos a lot, just never got to getting a pair
however I feel it looks better the original way

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

It looks like you got rid of the speckle and added more black??

Looks cool .......im one of the minority that actually likes the "OREO VI's" but this looks OK.
this I actually like oreos a lot, just never got to getting a pair
however I feel it looks better the original way

Nice. I've been wanting to customize these too. But I want to paint the sides red over the speckles and throw some red laces. I dunno though.

Nice. I've been wanting to customize these too. But I want to paint the sides red over the speckles and throw some red laces. I dunno though.

I spy Nip!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by teller360

exactly what i was going to ask, looks to be like a sharpie touch up.

Originally Posted by teller360

exactly what i was going to ask, looks to be like a sharpie touch up.

You did alright w/em as far as coverage, but not a fan of the plainness or the nip slip. Dig mine w/black laces swapped out, otherwise straight up, speckles & all (looks WAY better w/black across the tongue...JB got it backwards w/the blacks on the Motorsports & whites on the Oreos...makes no sense). W/out the speckles, I probably wouldn't've bought the shoes as they'd be too plain like the White/Reds. Black/Infrareds are my Grails so nothing compares to those IMO but the Oreos look SICK when wearin'em & I get surprising compliments from folks frequently when I rock'em. They'll come around as a missed semi-classic in the end, I think, even tho they're obviously not a OG CW & there's a lot of hate/love out there now.

I'm headed to the paint store today actually, to get a couple color samples made up for an experimental pair of Aqua VIIIs (paid $70 shipped) with fresh uppers but a paint-cracked-to-hell midsole, like most Aqua retros end up with. Sendin the samples into Angelus who confirmed they can create a near identical match so the CW stays true to original as much as possible and will last a Helluva lot longer w/solid paint. Lookin fwd to the project! If the paint on these mod'd Oreos isn't Angelus or Createx, it won't last long...especially if it's not even paint in the first place.

You did alright w/em as far as coverage, but not a fan of the plainness or the nip slip. Dig mine w/black laces swapped out, otherwise straight up, speckles & all (looks WAY better w/black across the tongue...JB got it backwards w/the blacks on the Motorsports & whites on the Oreos...makes no sense). W/out the speckles, I probably wouldn't've bought the shoes as they'd be too plain like the White/Reds. Black/Infrareds are my Grails so nothing compares to those IMO but the Oreos look SICK when wearin'em & I get surprising compliments from folks frequently when I rock'em. They'll come around as a missed semi-classic in the end, I think, even tho they're obviously not a OG CW & there's a lot of hate/love out there now.

I'm headed to the paint store today actually, to get a couple color samples made up for an experimental pair of Aqua VIIIs (paid $70 shipped) with fresh uppers but a paint-cracked-to-hell midsole, like most Aqua retros end up with. Sendin the samples into Angelus who confirmed they can create a near identical match so the CW stays true to original as much as possible and will last a Helluva lot longer w/solid paint. Lookin fwd to the project! If the paint on these mod'd Oreos isn't Angelus or Createx, it won't last long...especially if it's not even paint in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom