cutt off jean jackets.....has this wave splashed over ya hoods yet?

You DMV dudes do the same thing every time this is brought up. Always starts off as y'all were the first up on foams, then it goes into it being the foam capital. As if those things are the same in anyway. It's corny as hell to see everyone dressed the same, everyone in foams, and same attire now. Y'all been doing it wrong, and these dudes just started too. That doesn't equate to foamposites coming out of the DMV as if they released there a year prior. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Originally Posted by ksteezy

QUE?
laugh.gif

is the truth, DMV is known as the foam capital of the world only because 9 out of 10 dudes you see in any given block will have some sort of foam colorway....ya can keep that title, nobody is fighting you for it, but you are not gonna sit here and tell me my boys and I back in our high school days, talking 1996-2000 were not up on these heavy...back when it was just the royals, pearls and the anthracite colorways....i wish i had pictures...i can probably find some in my yearbook.

That doesn't mean nothing.  IT doesnt change the fact that The WORLD KNOWS DC FOR FOAMS. Foam nation is DC. ITs plain and simple. You wearing them from your NY yearbook don't mean anything. Your just 1 little fella. Aye, you almost 30 Steezy?

da typical NY hoodlum has all of these in their closet....i dunno how or who believes that foams is something DC created

The typical DC dude got all of those, PLUS DUNCANS, PLUS FLIGHTPOSITIES, PLUS PIPPENS, PLUS TRAINNERS AND TURFS FROM THE 90S -TO PRESENT. Once again yall behind. Sorry Ninja

Originally Posted by Wade187

You DMV dudes do the same thing every time this is brought up. Always starts off as y'all were the first up on foams, then it goes into it being the foam capital. As if those things are the same in anyway. It's corny as hell to see everyone dressed the same, everyone in foams, and same attire now. Y'all been doing it wrong, and these dudes just started too. That doesn't equate to foamposites coming out of the DMV as if they released there a year prior. 
ffd35917eebeb6963d4494e9f04f0aab38e506f.gif

That doesn't mean nothing.  IT doesnt change the fact that The WORLD KNOWS DC FOR FOAMS. Foam nation is DC. ITs plain and simple. You wearing them from your NY yearbook don't mean anything. Your just 1 little fella. Aye, you almost 30 Steezy?

and just like me a ton of 30 year old NYers will cosign that back in their teen years they were on to foams and alot of them are disgusted by how todays youth goes bananas over them....i swear i just had this convo with a childhood friend of mines....i never said the DMV is not what you guys claim, but i will never agree that NY bit off in anyway off the foam hype pre 2000

DC lives foams, NY just followed DC. I mean lets not act like we far apart bro. Diddy and Biggie used to be in DC heavy, NY dudes had to break their records in DC to make it in VA and further south. Did you know that?

TRUUUUUU
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

exactly what ive been trying to say, what is so hard to comprehend....lubu did you guys release the first pair of royals before us??...if thats the case you won your argument, otherwise the DMV didnt start a damb thing man...NYers were buying foams since release date bro and so were you guys i assume, i never said NY started the foam trend, but we sure have been on to it since the beginning and we dont owe that to the DMVs sense of fashion 
laugh.gif

it was far more fun when it was NY >>>> Cali

and why is it that NY is always being compared to a whole region of states
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

exactly what ive been trying to say, what is so hard to comprehend....lubu did you guys release the first pair of royals before us??...if thats the case you won your argument, otherwise the DMV didnt start a damb thing man...NYers were buying foams since release date bro and so were you guys i assume, i never said NY started the foam trend, but we sure have been on to it since the beginning and we dont owe that to the DMVs sense of fashion 
laugh.gif

But Steezy I thought Nike released sneakers nationwide? Do they release Jordans in NY first before they release them everywhere else? YAll get shoes before Air Randy?

Originally Posted by MonStar1

DC/MD/Northern VA is the Foam capital of the world.  Its not up for discussion.
because ya ran them to the ground....that doesnt mean ya started the trend or been on them before NY....like i said NY has been on foamposites since they released, THATS NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION.
Your right, because EVERYBODY AND THEIR MADRE(YEAH I SAID MADRE) knows that Foams is DC country. The denim vest a slim jeans been around the DMV forever. Dipset dudes used to come to the DMV for fashion ALL the time. Where you think folks learned about Trus from? Man BACK IN DA DA DA day beating my feet, rocking slim jeans and foams and my dreads, boi DC is a beautiful place. NY dudes know whats up when they come to DC.

I remember stepping into the BBC store in NY and dudes was like, " You from DC right?" I was like yeah how you know? He was like dreads, slim jeans, and FOAMPOSITES.

NY know DC dudes.
WUTTT????
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

But Steezy I thought Nike released sneakers nationwide? Do they release Jordans in NY first before they release them everywhere else? YAll get shoes before Air Randy?
they dooooooo.....you just proved my point!...if they were released nationwide, how in the world do you say an NYer saw a DMVer with some unknown space looking shoe and decided to bring it over to NY??...Ny has been o it since the beginning, so has the DMV, NY moved on to other things for the most part, some NYers remained loyal, the entire DMV area remained loyal to foams and clamied the foam capital of the world, like i said keep that title and like ninja said NY will continue to be the fashion capital of the world.

Nobody said we got them first. Foams released everywhere.

We said we started a trend and the Urea is known for it through out the country.

Foams/flights/pennys/duncans/ have always sold out in DMV. I've been in NYC years ago and seen releases still available. It just not the same. Calm down Ma' easy easy

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Idk why you argue though. The way the typical NY lame dresses now, is how dc has been dressing so that's what they saying when it comes to stealing fashion. I seen you in wdywt and you don't fit into that, but a lot of ny dudes now do. But again, that's the lame dudes. DMV started a trend that's beyond whack, which is everyone dressing alike down to the sneakers. The fashion in itself is not bitten, the fact you can go on any given block and everyone is dressed the same, and tomorrow will wear the same outfit in a different color way is dmv all day. Let them have that. 

da typical NY hoodlum has all of these in their closet....i dunno how or who believes that foams is something DC created

The typical DC dude got all of those, PLUS DUNCANS, PLUS FLIGHTPOSITIES, PLUS PIPPENS, PLUS TRAINNERS AND TURFS FROM THE 90S -TO PRESENT. Once again yall behind. Sorry Ninja
umm, you really wanna even ENTERTAIN da thought of DC being a bigger sneaker market per capita then NYC?
laugh.gif
ya biggest commercial district is probably dwarfed by fordham road in da BX ALONE...

we're da home of FCNY for crying out loud...footlocker's MAIN WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS is right here in manhattan...da FIRST house of hoops was here in NYC.

we had our own NYC air force I's since da early 90's b...ya DC cats will ALWAYS be 2nd banana to NYC when it comes to this kick game.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

they dooooooo.....you just proved my point!...if they were released nationwide, how in the world do you say an NYer saw a DMVer with some unknown space looking shoe and decided to bring it over to NY??...Ny has been o it since the beginning, so has the DMV, NY moved on to other things for the most part, some NYers remained loyal, the entire DMV area remained loyal to foams and clamied the foam capital of the world, like i said keep that title and like ninja said NY will continue to be the fashion capital of the world.
DC DUDES were the first to REP HARD FOR FOAMPOSITES. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT. Go ask DJ Kool  about Foams. Ask Biz Markie, Ask Clue about when he came to DC and saw foam mania, ask any NY dude in Entertainment and they will explain how hard DMV REPS foams. We been loyal to the brand AND ERRR BODY KNOWS IT. Why you think Wale breaks out the new foamposites first? IT aint cause hes jsut a rapper, its cause he reps the DMV sneaker culture and once them foams break here, thats when NY dudes start craving them. This year Nike dropping Wale/DC based foamposites. Quote me on that Steezy.

Nobody said we got them first. Foams released everywhere.

We said we started a trend and the Urea is known for it through out the country.

Foams/flights/pennys/duncans/ have always sold out in DMV. I've been in NYC years ago and seen releases still available. It just not the same. Calm down Ma' easy easy
foams sold out in NY when they first released, just so happens that fashion trends in NY change every season, so what was hot yesterday is not hot today, thats always been NY...the foam craze was dope back in 1997-2000....then it faded, CWs sat on shelves, some dudes remained loyal, !$%$ i rocked foams well into 2005 and always had 1 or 2 pairs in my closet until this very day, i rarely wear them though...for the most part ive moved on, on any random day youll catch me in them, but i wont stay dipped in them day in and out like perhaps the average DMVer would...i guess thats why you guys pride yourselves in foams, honestly foams have a nostalgic value to me and my childhood, but my appeal for them went out the window long ago.

Foams/flights/pennys/duncans/ have always sold out in DMV. I've been in NYC years ago and seen releases still available. It just not the same.
laugh.gif
you must've took a wrong turn to metropolis city or gotham city...cuz you definitely wasn't in NYC talmbout foams was still available...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m07yw2KMyR1qbohd4o1_1280.jpg

umm, you really wanna even ENTERTAIN da thought of DC being a bigger sneaker market per capita then NYC?
laugh.gif
ya biggest commercial district is probably dwarfed by fordham road in da BX ALONE...

we're da home of FCNY for crying out loud...footlocker's MAIN WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS is right here in manhattan...da FIRST house of hoops was here in NYC.

we had our own NYC air force I's since da early 90's b...ya DC cats will ALWAYS be 2nd banana to NYC when it comes to this kick game.
Fabricate your own argument, I'll ignore it. Nobody said anything about which area is the BIGGEST SNEAKER market in the world. So cut that out rightcha now. I stated what shoes DC reps for and is known for. Please COMPREHEND THAT NINJA. Yall can keep the jordans(jordans are only worn here by deep sneaker collectors or the people who just want that new hot retro jordan) , yall can have your Vans x supreme colab and your ASics x fish duck collabs and all that other moo cow mess.  DC is HOME TO THE FOAMPOSITES, TURFS, AND CROSS TRAINNERS AND GREY NEW BALANCES. Nobody gives a care about FCNY, yall can have that. Yall can have the air force 1 too. DC dudes thought that mess was ugly. Only dudes in the DMV rocking forces were the lame dudes. DC been foam and turf based from day one.

WHEN FOAMS SELL OUT INSTANTLY IN DC, you know were DMV dudes go to buy Foams? We head straight to NY or JErsey or Philly cause yall not on them like us. I know dudes who take the greyhound every foam release to go get them foamposites in NY or JErsey. Yall just not about that foam life like DC. Everybody knows that.

DC DUDES were the first to REP HARD FOR FOAMPOSITES. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT. Go ask DJ Kool  about Foams. Ask Biz Markie, Ask Clue about when he came to DC and saw foam mania, ask any NY dude in Entertainment and they will explain how hard DMV REPS foams. We been loyal to the brand AND ERRR BODY KNOWS IT. Why you think Wale breaks out the new foamposites first? IT aint cause hes jsut a rapper, its cause he reps the DMV sneaker culture and once them foams break here, thats when NY dudes start craving them. This year Nike dropping Wale/DC based foamposites. Quote me on that Steezy.
yes yes yes yes!!!!!....if we are talking current day, ya got it, no arguing that...but my dude....im talking 1996-2000 when they were first dropped....i dont give a damb who was repping them, all i know is i grew up in NY and i know what was hot at least in my community and that was all those shoes you mentioned and i had zero influenced from the DMV....is not like we had the internet, instant access to videos, blogs, sneaker forums....etc....please dont claim DMV taught NY about foams, thats mindblowing.
laugh.gif

yes yes yes yes!!!!!....if we are talking current day, ya got it, no arguing that...but my dude....im talking 1996-2000 when they were first dropped....i dont give a damb who was repping them, all i know is i grew up in NY and i know what was hot at least in my community and that was all those shoes you mentioned and i had zero influenced from the DMV....is not like we had the internet, instant access to videos, blogs, sneaker forums....etc....please dont claim DMV thought NY about foams, thats mindblowing.
laugh.gif
But we did Steezy.... DMV taught NY a lot about winter fashion too.  Web wasn't around heavy back then(NY dudes couldnt even afford computers) so when NY rappers stopped by to break records in the DMV, they'd see street dudes here and how we was rocking the foams, and when they'd go home to 1 of the broughs, they'd share with their friends how urban people in the DMV was doing it and it catches on from there. Thats how its always been .

Steezy I dont know why your even repping because you dress NOTHING like the typical NY dude. If anything, Ninja is the closest to what a NY dude dress like. I'm sure thugs in NY aint rocking skinny that month pants. No offesnes

weve been on it for so long that the same dudes that were going bananas over foams back in my day, wouldnt be caught dead in a pair of sneakers today....cmon fam...lol

lubu, im only speaking on behalf of the whole posite argument, im clueless as to anything else, specially current $!%+, because now im 30 years old and pretty out of touch with whats poppin in urban street gear.

Back
Top Bottom