cutt off jean jackets.....has this wave splashed over ya hoods yet?

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Originally Posted by ninjahood

The typical DC dude got all of those, PLUS DUNCANS, PLUS FLIGHTPOSITIES, PLUS PIPPENS, PLUS TRAINNERS AND TURFS FROM THE 90S -TO PRESENT. Once again yall behind. Sorry Ninja
umm, you really wanna even ENTERTAIN da thought of DC being a bigger sneaker market per capita then NYC?
laugh.gif
ya biggest commercial district is probably dwarfed by fordham road in da BX ALONE...

we're da home of FCNY for crying out loud...footlocker's MAIN WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS is right here in manhattan...da FIRST house of hoops was here in NYC.

we had our own NYC air force I's since da early 90's b...ya DC cats will ALWAYS be 2nd banana to NYC when it comes to this kick game.
Fabricate your own argument, I'll ignore it. Nobody said anything about which area is the BIGGEST SNEAKER market in the world. So cut that out rightcha now. I stated what shoes DC reps for and is known for. Please COMPREHEND THAT NINJA. Yall can keep the jordans(jordans are only worn here by deep sneaker collectors or the people who just want that new hot retro jordan) , yall can have your Vans x supreme colab and your ASics x fish duck collabs and all that other moo cow mess.  DC is HOME TO THE FOAMPOSITES, TURFS, AND CROSS TRAINNERS AND GREY NEW BALANCES. Nobody gives a care about FCNY, yall can have that. Yall can have the air force 1 too. DC dudes thought that mess was ugly. Only dudes in the DMV rocking forces were the lame dudes. DC been foam and turf based from day one.

WHEN FOAMS SELL OUT INSTANTLY IN DC, you know were DMV dudes go to buy Foams? We head straight to NY or JErsey or Philly cause yall not on them like us. I know dudes who take the greyhound every foam release to go get them foamposites in NY or JErsey. Yall just not about that foam life like DC. Everybody knows that.
my man, read your own answer...if we're da BIGGEST sneaker market in da world, there's a REASON ya come to our city to find da foamposites once they sell out down there...cuz we get BOATLOADS UPON BOATLOADS

more foamposites then ya. duh.
laugh.gif

when da metallic red penny foamposites dropped in NYC da harlem House of hoops had OVER 1200 pairs JUST IN THAT ONE STORE. and guess what? they were all gone by noon.

WE comming to yall city to get foams cause our city sells out in minutes. Yall still have foams sitting for HOURS so thanks for proving my point Ninja once again. 
pimp.gif

todays market for foamposites is straight clowns, i aint even mad the DMV wants to be known as the foam capital of the world.

WE comming to yall city to get foams cause our city sells out in minutes. Yall still have foams sitting for HOURS so thanks for proving my point Ninja once again. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I ALWAYS read the opposite on this board

ALWAYS, might be Maryland dudes, but still, if you're driving past MD and NJ to NYC to "buy foams" with 8% tax then you're braindead 
laugh.gif

http://eyes-of-hazel.niketalk.yuku.com/

^ I'm pretty sure this dude talks about how they always sit and get discounted 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

todays market for foamposites is straight clowns, i aint even mad the DMV wants to be known as the foam capital of the world.

The blogs dont speak for everybody in the nation. THE MAJORITY of the nation still dont rock foams. Its still MAJORITY A DMV THING with NY/NJ and now Philly following.

Thunda, it cost 25 dolalrs for a greyhound to NJ/NY Dudes willing to travel to get the shoe that hot in the urea. You acting like money is a factor to them youngins. 

Ain't no foam in history ever sat in the DMV so that talk just needs to stop.

pimp.gif
yea...sittin, behind da cash registers being warehoused out da store by mobs of people....you really wanna discuss foamposite allocation in regards to NYC VS DC?

The blogs dont speak for everybody in the nation. THE MAJORITY of the nation still dont rock foams. Its still MAJORITY A DMV THING with NY/NJ and now Philly following.
good lord, NY has NEVER followed your areas influence on foams...
laugh.gif
 we have been on them just as long as you guys have, we just have a far more diverse sense of fashion and moved on for the most part.

why the hell is so hard for DMVers to admit that NY was not influenced in the least by them when the foams FIRST RELEASED....perhaps todays little hoodrats are very influenced by DMV cats, but that excludes the older generation which in this case and thread happens to be ninja and I...

Thunda, it cost 25 dolalrs for a greyhound to NJ/NY Dudes willing to travel to get the shoe that hot in the urea. You acting like money is a factor to them youngins. 

Man all of y'all shut up I live in SC, and have been to Atlanta and Florida in the past few months, dudes rock Foams everywhere. You only know what you see in your area and the internet.

No "area" sets trends anymore. Celebs do it, it spreads across blogs, and then through reblogs on Tumblr and such, it gets spread around. Nothing is a "NYC" or "DMV" thing. Foams spread out like that because of Wale coincidentally getting progressively more popular as Nike started to bring them out more, and him being one of the few that endorsed the shoe heavy early upon it's re-release.

Dudes still in that early 2000s mentality with "Such and Such area started this"

I'm talking about recently. I can't speak for the initial runs. But nothing gets started by an "Area" in this day an age with the internet.

Originally Posted by 1Chainz

Man all of y'all shut up I live in SC, and have been to Atlanta and Florida in the past few months, dudes rock Foams everywhere. You only know what you see in your area and the internet.

No "area" sets trends anymore. Celebs do it, it spreads across blogs, and then through reblogs on Tumblr and such, it gets spread around. Nothing is a "NYC" or "DMV" thing. Foams spread out like that because of Wale coincidentally getting progressively more popular as Nike started to bring them out more, and him being one of the few that endorsed the shoe heavy early upon it's re-release.

Dudes still in that early 2000s mentality with "Such and Such area started this"

I'm talking about recently. I can't speak for the initial runs. But nothing gets started by an "Area" in this day an age with the internet.
indifferent.gif

I've been going to Florida for the last 7 years.

they weren't even up on foams when coppers released.

and thats all due to the fact that they barely released there (if at all), which brings it back to steezy's point, they released in NY at the same time as DC and basic colors sold well.

I think Lubu is just bragging about how DC will even eat up the ugly pairs

or their unwillingness to switch up their gear, not sure 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 1Chainz

and thats exactly my point, back then the hood determined what the artists would rock, today is backwards....so for DMVers to give examples of artists influencing what we wear, then we are in fact talking of a whole new era of kicks, todays.
with that said, pre 2000 the DMV was not teaching NY anything, today i cant say the same at least when it comes to urban street style or #%*+ that rappers wear.

I don't agree with most of what you say, but I can share similar sentiments with this. I had to put most of my foams down because the $&@? is like a uniform out here and it's been that way for too long. When you reach a certain age you gotta branch out expand past nike retros, nike boots and nb's. You can only style that &$@! for so long until you get burnt out off it.

Steezy, if you saw a Dude rocking dreads pre wayne, most people would say hes afro centric or from the island or from THE DMV. Nike's recent overstauration of foams has caused many people in other states to wear foams, but at th eend of th eday everyone knows foams is DMV based.

i gotta ask you this bro....how old were you in 1996?...

and when i see someone with dreads, i dont stop to think who influenced him....the thought doesnt cross my mind at all, hes just a dude with dreads man...

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I don't agree with most of what you say, but I can share similar sentiments with this. I had to put most of my foams down because the $&@? is like a uniform out here and it's been that way for too long. When you reach a certain age you gotta branch out expand past nike retros, nike boots and nb's. You can only style that &$@! for so long until you get burnt out off it.
I'm a sneaker lover of all sorts bruh. I dont look nor do I dress like a DC dude(used to in my younger days), but As a person I'm aware of my surroundings and culuture as a whole. The foam and dread thing is a uniform for DC dudes. I don't nessicarly like it, but I accept that its a reality and I'm not ashamed to say that is what a DC dude looks like.

Steezy age aint got nothing to do with wisedom. LEts just say I was alive in 96.

Back on subject yeah I have been seeing these jackets all over NYC, looks stupid if you ask me. But NYC is copycat swag now a days....

Son most people only know of one person from the DMV which is Wale. Until I got on NT I've never even heard of the term DMV at least not in that way. Now that I'm on here I see that you dudes rock foams heavy, but most people don't care about the DMV and most people sure as hell don't know what's hot out there or associate foams with the DMV. You dudes based your style on what NY was doing. You went out of your way to not rock what was hot in NY, that's why the DMV aint $%%% with af1's back then be real. Now y'all tryna talk about influencing something. Nike is whoring out foams right now, so dudes are eating them up. It's that simple, stop kidding yourselves. 

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I'm a sneaker lover of all sorts bruh. I dont look nor do I dress like a DC dude(used to in my younger days), but As a person I'm aware of my surroundings and culuture as a whole. The foam and dread thing is a uniform for DC dudes. I don't nessicarly like it, but I accept that its a reality and I'm not ashamed to say that is what a DC dude looks like.

Steezy age aint got nothing to do with wisedom. LEts just say I was alive in 96.
age is important because, perhaps you were not old enough to know what was hyped in a certain area back in 1996...i was of the age of the average hypebeast today back then....those were my HS days, you had to know what was poppin....back then to me the world was NY, i could care less what was going on in Cali and the DMV, so how can you possibly tell me i was influenced by a trend supposedly started in a plaece i had no knowledge of?

Originally Posted by Wade187

Son most people only know of one person from the DMV which is Wale. Until I got on NT I've never even heard of the term DMV at least not in that way. Now that I'm on here I see that you dudes rock foams heavy, but most people don't care about the DMV and most people sure as hell don't know what's hot out there or associate foams with the DMV. You dudes based your style on what NY was doing. You went out of your way to not rock what was hot in NY, that's why the DMV aint $%%% with af1's back then be real. Now y'all tryna talk about influencing something. Nike is whoring out foams right now, so dudes are eating them up. It's that simple, stop kidding yourselves. 
DMV aint rock forces cause they is ugly. All yall NY dudes was on them joitns heavy, DC said nah I'm gonna rock Foamsposites and turfs cause thats what we do out here. They when NY saw that DMV was still rocking their foams, then thats when they decided to drop forces and come back to foamposites. Why NY dudes wasn't rocking foams like us from 00 to 09? CAuse yall was all forces and mess.  Go look at any rap video from a NY dude from that time eirod or any recording or talk to any NY dude from that periord and they will say NY wasn't on foams like that. Nobody was on foams like that EXCEPT DMV.

DMV aint rock forces cause they is ugly. All yall NY dudes was on them joitns heavy, DC said nah I'm gonna rock Foamsposites and turfs cause thats what we do out here. They when NY saw that DMV was still rocking their foams, then thats when they decided to drop forces and come back to foamposites. Why NY dudes wasn't rocking foams like us from 00 to 09? CAuse yall was all forces and mess.  Go look at any rap video from a NY dude from that time eirod or any recording or talk to any NY dude from that periord and they will say NY wasn't on foams like that. Nobody was on foams like that EXCEPT DMV.
case closed, NYs hype for foams and what ive been arguing all along was 1996-2000 when they FIRST released

Son most people only know of one person from the DMV which is Wale. Until I got on NT I've never even heard of the term DMV at least not in that way. Now that I'm on here I see that you dudes rock foams heavy, but most people don't care about the DMV and most people sure as hell don't know what's hot out there or associate foams with the DMV. You dudes based your style on what NY was doing. You went out of your way to not rock what was hot in NY, that's why the DMV aint %%!+ with af1's back then be real. Now y'all tryna talk about influencing something. Nike is whoring out foams right now, so dudes are eating them up. It's that simple, stop kidding yourselves. 

Exactly......

Back
Top Bottom