cutt off jean jackets.....has this wave splashed over ya hoods yet?

You NY-Ninjahood type dudes are always jokes. LOL Swear they originated everything

Juelz verse on crunk muzik always got stuck in my head

Human crack in the flesh
I'm the last of the best
One word to describe me... spectacular YESS

Personally, I like the cut off denim vest. Dudes in Baltimore been rocking them for a few summers now. We bleach and destroy ours though. Look pretty cool imo.

And Ninjahood/ksteezy, the saying that "NYC is the fashion capital of the world" does not apply to street fashion lol. Dudes in Baltimore/DC are responsible for alot of trends you guys take credit for. (I do give dipset creidt for some trends though). You act like Dopes (Foams) werent GR lol. Just because Ray allen wore them in a movie set in NYC, during a time when EVERYTHING was about NYC does not mean it was exclusive to that city. I remember when the Air force craze was big, you guys took credit for it and still do. Bmore started it, and left it around '03/04 for OG nike's/New Balance (Barkley's were heavy here.... Duncans etc)..., while yall were still airbrushing your Af1's lol. Same with Nike boots. Yall caught on round 06 and claimed it. You guys are a tims, cardhart, pelle pelle leather, moncler bubble type city...embrace it lol.

There is PROOF that some trends you guys claim start here :

theshoegame.com/articles/history-of-the-nike-air-force-1.html
Could someone embed this video for me.

Oh and this article.
http://www.elitaste.com/blog/2008/01/original-sketch-of-the-nike-air-max-goadome-aka-the-nike-boot/

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Why NY dudes wasn't rocking foams like us from 00 to 09? CAuse yall was all forces and mess.
NYC been rocking foamposites since they were retroed ALONGSIDE da OG retro release of da space jams back in 2000...what da hell are you talkin bout b?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

OMG so you agree with me. School in NY must be cray. 

Why NY dudes wasn't rocking foams like us from 00 to 09? CAuse yall was all forces and mess.
NYC been rocking foamposites since they were retroed ALONGSIDE da OG retro release of da space jams back in 2000...what da hell are you talkin bout b?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

how u quote own on response and double back in next....reading is fundamental
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

how u quote own on response and double back in next....reading is fundamental
laugh.gif
A guy who says Da is telling about english and reading? My black brother you are truly you.

The funny thing is, you DMV dudes are the ones claiming to have started ANYTHING, I never claimed such a thing, I simply said we DID NOT follow the DMV in any trend going back 10+ years ago, before the Internet and the blogs/ forums, when styles were still very original to a certain area in street fashion, ya dudes are bringing up an argument that is irrelevant to my point, arguing about how the DMV has influence today...I'm not arguing that in the least, NY street fashion of today is either unoriginal or way tooooo outdated, so as a NYer I'm not taking credit for NY starting any trend once everythin became public through the web, perhaps of Tims and Yankee fitteds start to rock out nationwide then I'll argue that, but as of now, there is no argument from my part on CURRENT street fashion influence.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Why are y'all pretending that y'all wore the first of anything when the shoe was a national general release in all major markets.Yall are arguing over who bite the next man en masse.How is that cool or original.Saying yo we all started rocking the same kicks first nah we did.Grow up .
Everyone here bites off of Oregon style.  

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Just browsing this thread makes me want to shoot myself.
Jean cut-off jacket appreciation 
laugh.gif

Foams is a DC thing 
laugh.gif

Who the Hell cares? Grow Up you fools

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Just browsing this thread makes me want to shoot myself.
Jean cut-off jacket appreciation 
laugh.gif

Foams is a DC thing 
laugh.gif

Who the Hell cares? Grow Up you fools
Hammer doesn't even move!

I'm from long island (bethpage: about 15 miles east of queens), and i remember the only place AROUND that had foams in the late 90's/ early 2000's was NYC. Despite all the sneaker stores that are in long island not a single one was carrying foams. I remember buying the red and black foams in 2002 and all my friends at school were like yooo where you got those at? back in the day for tri-state area people, NYC was the spot to get a lot of exclusive and limited stuff. Now i can't say that NYC was a head of any other city when it came to fashion because before 2003 the only states i had been to outside of the tri-state were PA, Fl, and VT. But i can say that NYC set the trend for the rest of the tri-state, and perhaps all states in the north east.

By the way this might seem like a lame question, but i don't think i've ever seen the term till this morning on this thread. What Does the "DMV" stand for? As expected a google search only brings up results in relationship to department of motor vehicles.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

But of course the DMV beeeeeeeeeen on it
pimp.gif

Steezy...watch it...
7c326051bb97e6e1306f44c450169941b45b6d4e_r.gif

you don't want that. 
wink.gif

Edit: he didn't want that 
happy.gif
. That's cool cause I bang with cuz and the red jean swag! Word to 2008 "Lil Wayne A Milli" takeover

Originally Posted by ccastro02

I'm from long island (bethpage: about 15 miles east of queens), and i remember the only place AROUND that had foams in the late 90's/ early 2000's was NYC. Despite all the sneaker stores that are in long island not a single one was carrying foams. I remember buying the red and black foams in 2002 and all my friends at school were like yooo where you got those at? back in the day for tri-state area people, NYC was the spot to get a lot of exclusive and limited stuff. Now i can't say that NYC was a head of any other city when it came to fashion because before 2003 the only states i had been to outside of the tri-state were PA, Fl, and VT. But i can say that NYC set the trend for the rest of the tri-state, and perhaps all states in the north east.

By the way this might seem like a lame question, but i don't think i've ever seen the term till this morning on this thread. What Does the "DMV" stand for? As expected a google search only brings up results in relationship to department of motor vehicles.

I think it means DC, Maryland, and Virginia

I remember going back to school shopping on 181st street in the heights back in 02' and i remember one trend that nyc tried to set but ended up being a massive fail. People were rocking k-swiss in the heights that summer trying to start a k-swiss trend. Not sure if that trend hit the other boroughs, but in the washington heights and dyckman everyone jumped on that bandwagon.

TomDiginson wrote:
I think it means DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Thank you, sir.

todays market for foamposites is straight clowns, i aint even mad the DMV wants to be known as the foam capital of the world.

The blogs dont speak for everybody in the nation. THE MAJORITY of the nation still dont rock foams. Its still MAJORITY A DMV THING with NY/NJ and now Philly following.

Thunda, it cost 25 dolalrs for a greyhound to NJ/NY Dudes willing to travel to get the shoe that hot in the urea
. You acting like money is a factor to them youngins. 

This line almost makes it seem like dudes is getting money in the DMV...but I dont think even you would claim something that foolish.
Cali is a worthy opponent for NY.

DMV though...

Spoiler [+]

maxqip.gif

NYC been foamposite heavy though, especially uptown...those cut off jean jackets though is definitely foreign to da hiphop boros in NYC...we rock bubble vests and carharrt vest forever, but not jean jackets vest... 
ORLY? I thought those kind of jackets were a staple of the NY gangs of the 70's from the Bronx, Brooklyn etc...those are hiphop boros, right? 
savage-nomads-jacket-01.jpg

more pics:

http://www.itsdeadlicious...street-gangs-in-70s.html

Originally Posted by Regis

todays market for foamposites is straight clowns, i aint even mad the DMV wants to be known as the foam capital of the world.

The blogs dont speak for everybody in the nation. THE MAJORITY of the nation still dont rock foams. Its still MAJORITY A DMV THING with NY/NJ and now Philly following.

Thunda, it cost 25 dolalrs for a greyhound to NJ/NY Dudes willing to travel to get the shoe that hot in the urea
. You acting like money is a factor to them youngins. 

This line almost makes it seem like dudes is getting money in the DMV...but I dont think even you would claim something that foolish.
Cali is a worthy opponent for NY.

DMV though...

Spoiler [+]

So...why is it you think, people in DC and VA would be broke? Most of us are government officials...you really think the capital of the United States would be #poor?
48636619165495df66fc3f97f53ac8e680bb4fa0_r.gif

The audacity of you glittery belt, "sup my hat to big", "I'm from DA heights we get it how we live", TOM wearing, 1 bedroom studio sharing, self absorbed pricks. 
eyes.gif
 Win one little championship and think y'all run the world.

YES I'M MAD...i hate MOST New Yorkers
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
...not all though

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

48636619165495df66fc3f97f53ac8e680bb4fa0_r.gif

The audacity of you glittery belt, "sup my hat to big", "I'm from DA heights we get it how we live", TOM wearing, 1 bedroom studio sharing, self absorbed pricks. 
eyes.gif
 Win one little championship and think y'all run the world.

YES I'M MAD...i hate MOST New Yorkers
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
...not all though
Hey be nice. Not all new yorkers are from nyc. I gotta agree with you one thing though, dudes from the city are hella arrogant and self centered. It's funny to me that everytime i go into the city and i tell dudes that i'm from long island (only 15 miles east of Manhattan) theyre always like "whaat that's maad far, how do you get commute everyday?" I'm like well i take a cruise liner to the nearest airport that leaves me 5 hours away from home, to which i catch the next helicopter flight that drops me off at bethpage (town i live in).

Back
Top Bottom