cutt off jean jackets.....has this wave splashed over ya hoods yet?

this has seriously been a dmv thing since the early 2000s I'm pretty sure even solbiato makes a denim vest. dudes from nyc think they were the first to do everything smh. 

Originally Posted by FOOLIO

this has seriously been a dmv thing since the early 2000s I'm pretty sure even solbiato makes a denim vest. dudes from nyc think they were the first to do everything smh. 

they like claiming everything, then as soon as it becomes played out (which its already is 99% of the time) they dont want it no more
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

[troll] no you are all wrong, people in australia started the foam hype, y'all biting. they was the first ones to rock em, australia > NYC > DMV > rest of the world [/troll]

lol at this guy thinking they are started a new jean jacket trend..

%+%% outta here...

one of my friends wears his vest religiously, hes a punk though.

funny though how back then rap fans used to make fun of how punks or people into rock dressed, now every new hip hop style is a straight copy.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

hiphop...not no damn warrior-esque gangs that preceeded da hiphop era
laugh.gif

da "look" is old as hell, but its fairly new in rap circles..brand new if you ask me, as far as adoption levels...

good looks on that link though, like reading about grimey NY

People wore that style for years it's classic Americana.your really grasping for straws son.
da urban scene wasn't doing this at all...and i fondly remember da late 80's- da whole 90's (unless u include da oversized karl kani joints tupac never took off) and da whole 2000's decade.
Treach didn't wear this kind of @*+% too?

Originally Posted by illphillip

People wore that style for years it's classic Americana.your really grasping for straws son.
da urban scene wasn't doing this at all...and i fondly remember da late 80's- da whole 90's (unless u include da oversized karl kani joints tupac never took off) and da whole 2000's decade.
no, he was on that karl kani %$*$ like pac was and in her earlier looks he was doing da carharrt, flight jacket, bubble vest, military jackets wave, like da rest of da grimey NYC/east coast in da 90's

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

There are plenty of people who hate the term DMV. I damn sure am not alone and I am not sure who you polled when it comes to that. I know PLENTY of folks that hate it.

U right about this, alotta ppl cant get with the DMV %!@$....seems like only the radio, some rappers, and the ppl that are from outside DC but want to be associated it heavy say DMV...

Idk how you can lump 2 different states and a city under one broad $%* term and think its cool...and being from Baltimore its terrible cuz when ppl not from the state hear Maryland in DMV they usually think of bmore, and if you from anywhere around here you know that the bmore area has very little in common with the rest of the "DMV" ( same goes for how like Richmond, VA and the 757 area has nothing to do with the DMV either)

The whole DMV thing is for suburban dudes from the county who want to be a part of DC, since they're counties aren't recognized nor have steers credibility.

PG and MOCO dudes have a weird complex with street life and always wanting to prove that they "go hard" lol.
NOBODY from Bmore wants to be from the DMV. We are recognized as our own city with our unique style/accent.

Real DC dudes don't want to be from the DMV, they say they're from DC and that's what it is.

Originally Posted by illphillip

no, he was on that karl kani %$*$ like pac was and in her earlier looks he was doing da carharrt, flight jacket, bubble vest, military jackets wave, like da rest of da grimey NYC/east coast in da 90's
I'm pretty sure I remember him in Walker Wear and Kani vests that would fit into this category. Dude was always trying to flex his biceps. HA!

hiphop...not no damn warrior-esque gangs that preceeded da hiphop era
laugh.gif

da "look" is old as hell, but its fairly new in rap circles..brand new if you ask me, as far as adoption levels...

good looks on that link though, like reading about grimey NY

Son my dad ,his brothers,the guys in his motorcycle gang,The painter down the street .Everybody wore denim jackets fam cut off or non cutoff.Vietnam vets wore them,Protestor wore them it was a staple of youth .You are so ignorant and closeminded it is sad.You really don't know a whole world exist outside of new York city and da heights.Like seriously bro you need to travel

Originally Posted by RounDaWay

The whole DMV thing is for suburban dudes from the county who want to be a part of DC, since they're counties aren't recognized nor have steers credibility.

PG and MOCO dudes have a weird complex with street life and always wanting to prove that they "go hard" lol.
NOBODY from Bmore wants to be from the DMV. We are recognized as our own city with our unique style/accent.

Real DC dudes don't want to be from the DMV, they say they're from DC and that's what it is.

Everybody knows that these are facts but you gotta look at it like this.

Alot of people move around or have family in this metro area that consists of DC,MD, and Yes parts of VA.  So alot of fashion, trends, music, and lifestyle spills over.  How else can you label the "urea"?  DMV term isn't that bad.  It's a good term that lets people from outside this area understand how close the regions are.

But yes B'more is its on area and so is 757 (7 cities) and Richmond.  I think its less about suburban dudes trying to be hard but more about business people trying to communicate the feel of the area. 

Son my dad ,his brothers,the guys in his motorcycle gang,The painter down the street .Everybody wore denim jackets fam cut off or non cutoff.Vietnam vets wore them,Protestor wore them it was a staple of youth .You are so ignorant and closeminded it is sad.You really don't know a whole world exist outside of new York city and da heights.Like seriously bro you need to travel
Everyone knows Ninja doesent leave his walk in closet/room. All of his fashion knowledge comes from peeking out of his window.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Everyone knows Ninja doesent leave his walk in closet/room. All of his fashion knowledge comes from peeking out of his window.
HIPHOP diaspora b... who doesn't know that motorcycle goons weren't lookin like this since da dawn of time...
grin.gif
laugh.gif

all those damn goons, hench men, bottle throwing underlings from da final fight/streets of rage series could've told you this.... 
laugh.gif

Galsiabig.png

250px-Streets_Of_Rage_2_-EUR-.PNG

this was NOT a hiphop urban look though..when i see cats dressin like that, da first thing that isn't comin to my mind is "yo son must think illmatic is da better then reasonable doubt"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

why does that Streets of Rage goon have on Uggs? Not gangsta
c'mon son...you dont recognize 16 bit red wings when you see em?
Naw we not hip to those down here in the country....is it true Tom Ford consults with you for inspiration?

Why do people always try to site the earliest instance they can find in something like this.
Sure punk rockers, motorcycle gangs etc. have worn these vest for years, but we know what

ninjahood is referring to.  The current iteration of the trend among young people has taken off for a year and half 2yrs tops...

I never said it was a rapper term, I said it was a radio term. Meaning the radio pushed that stupid term into people's consciousness. Who said it was serious? We are just having a discussion. GO somewhere with that 2nd grade argument defense man. Nobody FROM DC uses that term. All of you Maryland dudes and VA Honies use that term to feel included. DC people hate it like someone else said.

And you reference the Tri State Area, I am sure that NY folks didn't invent or embrace it initially either.
Originally Posted by MMG

so basically you DMV dudes hate being called DMV dudes?

DC Dudes don't like the DMV title. Maryland dudes and those VA dudes do since they can be associated with the most powerful city in the world 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom