Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

What ever happened to Lil Turk? I remember I would day that he's better than Wayne just to get under some of my boys skin, knowing that Wayne was the best.

Wale and Kanye made n***** GET ON THEY S****!!!

They the reason all these dudes wanna flick up they outfits online.......

Yep. This pandemonium video and fits a good parameter of this.

Wale with Penfield, Nudies and South beaches. Meek with the 80spurple/PLNDR starter kit. And Ross in some baggy 501 starched Levi’s :lol:. Meek got a lot slicker after hanging with Wale...and went the full dboy designer route. Today, meek probably the most influential “street” rapper of this generation...with him being an early adopter of IG, fit pics, jewelry and lifestyle aesthetic. Meek fits be clean tho. All the scammers/dboys pretty much follow his aesthetic.

Wale kinda the medium between OG sneaker head culture, pre IG...and designer clothes and other ***** dudes aint up on yet. Interesting dynamic.

If he’s that good, why haven’t he made a hit? Even when he had his solo?

Last edited:
I live in DC and never heard anyone say Wale was fly. People just talk about his Nike boots and dunks.

I don’t know who started the OD baggy look but it’s funny y’all even try to point blame on that.

Y’all love to argue and can’t just enjoy the pics and trends.

I seen a pic of some tailored shuttle jeans, can’t lie it looked dope

Turk >>> Wayne

Y'all ever wear those boonie hats?
yes, desert camo in the late 90's. had a few white but moved onto buckets and found the best shaped Nautica bucket like 17 years ago & I can't find another that's shaped the same, the hat is perfect but it's getting very old & harder to clean. a lot of hats called buckets are shaped in between what I guess I call a tru bucket & the hat you describe & while they work in keeping the sun at bay they look awkward at this point in my life.

I live in DC and never heard anyone say Wale was fly. People just talk about his Nike boots and dunks.

I don’t know who started the OD baggy look but it’s funny y’all even try to point blame on that.

Y’all love to argue and can’t just enjoy the pics and trends.

I seen a pic of some tailored shuttle jeans, can’t lie it looked dope

Turk >>> Wayne

Wale influence nationwide

It was the grunge metal goth people that didn't he baggy clothes first.
Let's not forget about these monstrosities
Jnco175.jpg
olya3mskh4f01.jpg

that's EARLY 90's NYC..wu-tang, Mobb Deep, Nas, CNN, Fat Joe, MOP, duck down.

They had a resurgence in like 04/05. Different cut from the Early 90s NYC joints. Even bigger if you can believe lol. After Flight Jackets got played out...the “Bin Ladens” took over for a winter round my way :lol:. I had a green and a black one. DTLR and Changes/Shoe City used to sell em. Lil hoodie in the back zipper. Those were the times man :pimp: :lol:

It was the grunge metal goth people that didn't he baggy clothes first.
Let's not forget about these monstrosities
Jnco175.jpg
olya3mskh4f01.jpg
originally they were made to fit da jean cuffs over da skate, i remember my cousin making a pair custom before JNCO's were out.

Back
Top Bottom