Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

naw....

it started in 1998 with Cash Money and those damn girbauds & tall tees.

man, don’t put that junk on us.... this puffy in 1995 and Mase in 1999.... NYC did that mess

35CA8154-A062-43BE-9BF2-EB950D33F84C.jpeg

A29A9031-BE11-49F9-8A4B-AEB97B068543.jpeg

naw....

it started in 1998 with Cash Money and those damn girbauds & tall teeS.

Thats a damn lie, b.

I jumped off the porch in New Orleans during this time...We were not rocking no tall tees or those shutter buads.

Majority of the people were still wear the baggy classic girbuads and maybe 1XL/2XL.

them tall tees didn’t hit us until early ‘00 like 02-03ish. Just like those shuttle. It wasn’t until 02-03ish. That whole era for us was 00/01 -09 :lol:

Last edited:
girbaud shuttle jeans are very dope. of days past perhaps (or maybe not) but they're very neat. I really hope that ppl who do the ironic dressing thing don't ruin them. try not to cringe about stuff you used to wear, things change.

what? :lol:

da highly lauded Ha! dropped 98...

tall tees and OD baggy i ain't seen until this.

Bruh the one person tee that’s long is Juvie...and honestly thats not it :lol: None of them white tees were tall tees...

You had me hitting my folks in NO asking them. They all said it was until 02 ish...early 00’. Just like those shuttle - pre katrina.

Larger sizes were longer back then. Tees were longer back then, but they weren't the "official tall tees".

Galaxy made the first "tall tees". It went from B-more, the Northeast, and then the South.

you're making my point.

i said tall *** tess ain't hit da radar till 98 cash money... I didn't say random joe schmoe from da magnolia projects in juve's ha video :lol:

You said Cash Money with the shuttle pants and tall tee

1 long shirt Ninja ... really ? :lol:

As if that started from my city? Nawl...

This video dropped the same year...later

Not one single cash money member had on a tall tee...You do see them baggy *** jersey’s though :lol:

FOH :lol:

What happened to Urban brand as a whole?

That era of black and minority owing their clothing line is now simmer down to t-shirts.

Seems everyone is into couture fashion and forward fashion.
There was a documentary called fresh dressed. Y'all should check it out. It basically exposes how the black owned urban brands were deliberately put out of business by the bigger players so they could get a piece of the pie from the urban market :smh:

Back
Top Bottom